• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Assassin’s Creed Mirage’ is reportedly set for release in spring 2023 & Assasin's Creed 1 Remake part of Season Pass

Draugoth

Gold Member

assassins-creed-origins-g-1280x720.jpg

The next Assassin’s Creed game is reportedly titled Assassin’s Creed Mirage.

According to details posted by YouTuber j0nathan, some of which were corroborated by Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, the game will take the series “back to basics” when it releases next year.

Bloomberg first reported in February that Ubisoft was planning to release a smaller-scale, stealth-focused Assassin’s Creed game that is closer to the early series entries than the more recent RPG-influenced ones. Starring Assassin’s Creed Valhalla character Basim, the title was originally planned as an expansion for the most recent series entry before being spun into a standalone game last year, it claimed.Rift is reportedly set in the Middle East, including Baghdad, with development being led by Ubisoft’s Bordeaux studio.

Most recently Bloomberg reported that the game would be released in spring 2023. The game is expected to be released before the officially announced Assassin’s Creed Infinity, which is a collaboration between Ubisoft Quebec (Odyssey) and Ubisoft Montreal (Origins and Valhalla). While previous series entries have taken place in

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Sad, I do NOT want them to go back to the simpler game play, I just want them to make the current gameplay better. The skill tree system now is fun and should stay, same with leveling system, just refine it and do a less "busy work" missions and more "quality fun" gameplay and all would be good. Going back and play the old games feel very simple and one note now.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
For those of us who love the original and Ezio’s trilogy this will be a dream come true.

I’m finding it hard to believe.
Too many rumors point to a back to basics AC being the "small" Assassins Creed before the true big AC game.
So I believe the game is real.

I highly doubt its a spring title.
Maybe they announce it at the Game Awards with a shock release date, but id expect the Ubisoft marketing machine to be in full swing by now.

But on topic
Ive been waiting for a back to basics Assassins Creed for so long.
I get why the RPG-Lite ones are popular, hell I wouldnt even call them bad games.....but in my eyes they are bad Assassins Creed games.
If its compact enough maybe they can finally be a true graphical showcase again.
I remember the original AC trailer and I couldnt believe games got that good looking, when Assassins Creed Unity was announced I near lost it.
I only played Unity after a couple of patches and when I had a PC beefy enough to fight through the jank and even then I was still blown away by the sense of scale when you climb buildings.

Now we are climbing frikken mountains but they dont have the same awesome sense of im high as fuck-ness that Assassins Creed Unity had.

Heres to hoping its a high quality title.
I havent been excited for an Assassins Creed game in a very long time.....im cautiously excited for this one.

Black_Stride

Sad, I do NOT want them to go back to the simpler game play, I just want them to make the current gameplay better. The skill tree system now is fun and should stay, same with leveling system, just refine it and do a less "busy work" missions and more "quality fun" gameplay and all would be good. Going back and play the old games feel very simple and one note now.
They are basically splitting Assassins Creed into two branches.
The RPG-Lite ones we currently have.
The Assassin simulators we used to have.

So the best of both worlds, whichever poison you favor they have an Assassins Creed game for you.

Valhalla was the most boring shit i played recently. I dropped it after couple hours in England. Worst reason is that a major company with thousands employees had made a game with clanky combat. For some reason the combat was missing something, i can't describe it but the feeling of something that is not correct got me in the end (i have nearly 300h with elder ring all melee classes but damn it does not get old, i still want to open it and play the first couple hours and jump strike some poor souls)

saintjules

Spring 2023 means that it will be outside of the usual Fall schedule. I bet it will be delayed.

Hopefully a smaller experience than the larger bloated worlds.

GymWolf

So the best of both worlds, whichever poison you favor they have an Assassins Creed game for you.
Really? They are gonna make 2 major ac games every 2 years?

So i guess they are gonna be smaller than the recent ones because they have to divide their manpower right?

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member

cool I didn’t know that! thank you

Pagusas

Elden Member
Valhalla was the most boring shit i played recently. I dropped it after couple hours in England. Worst reason is that a major company with thousands employees had made a game with clanky combat. For some reason the combat was missing something, i can't describe it but the feeling of something that is not correct got me in the end (i have nearly 300h with elder ring all melee classes but damn it does not get old, i still want to open it and play the first couple hours and jump strike some poor souls)
I hated Valhalla the moment I booted it
up, coming from Odyssey’s great combat, Valhalla feels like driving a tank. They slowed the character down to much and made the gameplay worse in everyway. Not having any major viking naval combat sucked so much too. Like I thought UBi’s A team was working on Valhalla, yet Odyssey and Origin are both vastly better games in everyway.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Really? They are gonna make 2 major ac games every 2 years?

So i guess they are gonna be smaller than the recent ones because they have to divide their manpower right?

cool I didn’t know that! thank you

From whats been reported the next "big" Assassins Creed is legit huge and still in the vein as Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, a near all hands on deck deal, expect a credits sequence that lasts longer than Titanic.........the "small" one aka Mirage doesnt require a 2 hour credits sequence.

Lady Jane

Banned
From whats been reported the next "big" Assassins Creed is legit huge and still in the vein as Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, a near all hands on deck deal, expect a credits sequence that lasts longer than Titanic.........the "small" one aka Mirage doesnt require a 2 hour credits sequence.

Isn't that the rumored GaaS AC where they will keep adding eras to it?

As a huge AC fan, fucking can't wait ! Never enough AC for me. Loved the last 3, but it's nice they're going back to the roots as well.

GymWolf

Oh ok so the classic one is more of a smaller side project maybe to taste the water?

I mean shithalla was their most selling ac ever right? Even if most people hate that game...

Kuranghi

I want a Unity remaster
Exactly!

Give It To Me Need GIF

You know they would've done it back when they were remastering everything else if they were gonna though, they don't care about Unity and Syndicate evidently:

moved to tears crying GIF

I was planning to play it again on my new PC at end of year/early next year but when you play it at 4K with MSAA out the wazoo you really notice the low fidelity distant buildings, it just needs to be reworked to have the higher quality LoDs pushed out into the distance and run at 60fps. I think the issue might be even PS5/XSX can't really run it at 60fps without dropping to somewhere between 1080p & 1440p and it has no TAA so it looks crusty.

Oh ok so the classic one is more of a smaller side project maybe to taste the water?

I mean shithalla was their most selling ac ever right? Even if most people hate that game...

This made me laugh more than it should've. I get why people like it but for me its Valhpoolla when you compare it to my favourite past releases.

SSfox

Exactly!

Give It To Me Need GIF

You know they would've done it back when they were remastering everything else if they were gonna though, they don't care about Unity and Syndicate evidently:

I was planning to play it again on my new PC at end of year/early next year but when you play it at 4K with MSAA out the wazoo you really notice the low fidelity distant buildings, it just needs to be reworked to have the higher quality LoDs pushed out into the distance and run at 60fps. I think the issue might be even PS5/XSX can't really run it at 60fps without dropping to somewhere between 1080p & 1440p and it has no TAA so it looks crusty.

This made me laugh more than it should've. I get why people like it but for me its Valhpoolla when you compare it to my favourite past releases.
Maybe they'll remake those games one day if they will do another AC with Europe setting. I though Unity was amazing but totally ruined by the bugs and online coop bullshit.

GymWolf

Exactly!

Give It To Me Need GIF

Since you love unity so much i'm gonna abstain from speaking about that thing...but i payed like 4 euros for it and i still feel robbed to this day:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Maybe they'll remake those games one day if they will do another AC with Europe setting. I though Unity was amazing but totally ruined by the bugs and online coop bullshit.

Luckily I didn't get the bugs on PC and the online coop thing was crap since I played it SP but then I found working out how to speedrun the coop missions twice more after the first run to get all three armor pieces was actually quite fun. Except that "protecting the guy in the carriage" from snipers one, that was too linear and so rerunning it was a chore. I just loved playing the game in general so replaying the missions didn't bother me and I really liked the various types of puzzles and murder investigations.

Building up the various collections in the Cafe was super satisfying to me. It having actual stealth/crouching for the first time was great too, so many objects had accurate hitboxes as well so you could shoot darts through holes in tarps and it felt so good.
Since you love unity so much i'm gonna abstain from speaking about that thing...but i payed like 4 euros for it and i still feel robbed to this day:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Thats alright ma pal, each to their own. How can I blame you for wanting more involved combat than, "wait for 2 seconds, then press triangle/Y, then press square/X 20x". I was addicted to those animations haha.

GymWolf

Luckily I didn't get the bugs on PC and the online coop thing was crap since I played it SP but then I found working out how to speedrun the coop missions twice more after the first run to get all three armor pieces was actually quite fun. Except that "protecting the guy in the carriage" from snipers one, that was too linear and so rerunning it was a chore. I just loved playing the game in general so replaying the missions didn't bother me and I really liked the various types of puzzles and murder investigations.

Building up the various collections in the Cafe was super satisfying to me. It having actual stealth/crouching for the first time was great too, so many objects had accurate hitboxes as well so you could shoot darts through holes in tarps and it felt so good.

Thats alright ma pal, each to their own. How can I blame you for wanting more involved combat than, "wait for 2 seconds, then press triangle/Y, then press square/X 20x". I was addicted to those animations haha.
The funny thing is that the kill animations were the best thing in that combat but in origins\odissey and valhalla they are super buggy most of the times, not sure how ubisoft fucked that up...

Kuranghi

The funny thing is that the kill animations were the best thing in that combat but in origins\odissey and valhalla they are super buggy most of the times, not sure how ubisoft fucked that up...

They threw lots out and started from scratch on many things after Syndicate afaics. I think they also reduced the quality of the motion capture in general, not just the faces, from Origins onwards.

1st Gen: AC
2nd Gen: II, Uncle Mario's Fun Castle and GreyBeard
3rd Gen: III, IV and Rogue
4th Gen: Unity and Syndicate
5th Gen: Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla
6th Gen: ?????

Its all iterative of course but there are break points where things changed more imo.

Sybrix

'A smaller-scale, stealth-focused Assassin’s Creed game that is closer to the early series entries'

Thank fuck for that.

Assassins Creed has been awful since Unity, none of the entries since then have been of the standard that this game originally created. So much bloated stupid over inflated idiotic open work crap that Ubisoft has become known for, to their detriment.

Let's hope this is actually true.

Saber

Gold Member
No that's Infinite, Infinity or something like that.
Should be the big one after this

Good to know, thanks.

If true thats a good thing in my book. AC games nowadays are bloated action games with no substance and absurd amount of repetition. If it wasn't for the name, people wouldn't even guess its AC franchise.

I don’t know how even the biggest Assassin’s Creed supporters aren’t insanely bored of this franchise at this point.
It really depends on if your buying every game released. I have seen similar things said about Far Cry and I thought Far Cry 6 was great.

Most people don't buy every game released. For example, The last far cry game I played before Far Cry 6 was Far Cry 2 and that was released in 2008. So, to me FC6 felt like a new experience but I probably wouldn't have felt that way if I played FC5.

If you buy every AC game every year of course you will feel burnt out and think they are the same.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm a massive AC fan. Despite them derailing the series from the real fight between Assassin's (AKA Al Hash-shadhin) and the Templars (AKA Fursan Al Haikal "Knights of the Skeleton", Illuminatis, Free Masons) to the new childish, meaningless/fantasy shit, I think it was healthy for the game as it was stagnant by Syndicate. I would rather have a better stealth game but with a newer gameplay approach, that's much better than the floaty gameplay in both the new ones and the old ones. Unity still has the best gameplay among all, as sword combat was very challenging and you tend to avoid clashing with more than 2-3 enemies when playing at the highest difficulty, but it needed further polish.

Let's hope this one will be good anyway, Basim is an interesting character and the buildup to this was pretty good if you've played Valhalla. But of course, they wanna paint the Assassin's in a bad way lately as the Templars took over Ubisoft.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
That’s interesting. So is this an indication that the move to a more open world rpg quests Abbas less focus on assassinations abs the original lore had a detrimental effect on the series?

Top Bottom