• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Assassin’s Creed Mirage’ is reportedly set for release in spring 2023 & Assasin's Creed 1 Remake part of Season Pass

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Both sound interesting but it's Ubisoft and I need to some gameplay first, especially of that brand new game. The last AC I truly enjoyed was Revelations (since Black Flag was mostly a piraty game).

Last edited:

Elios83

Last good AC for me was Syndicate, the new formula (with crappy RPG mechanics, boring and endless fillers everywhere, present day sections added for the sake of it and a difficulty system designed to force you to either grind for hours or buy exp packs at certain specific points with no natural progression) left me totally cold and estranged.
So the fact that they're returning to the original with a spinoff and with a setting that reminds of AC1 (which might even be remade) is good news. But it's Ubisoft...let's see how things actually unfold.

Markio128

If Ubi had condensed Valhalla into a meaningful 20-30 hour game it could have been a great game, but like others have said, it feels like you’ve barely made headway by that point. I’m not hopeful that the next one won’t be the same, albeit with lovely visuals.

Markio128

Last good AC for me was Syndicate, the new formula (with crappy RPG mechanics, boring and endless fillers everywhere, present day sections added for the sake of it and a difficulty system designed to force you to either grind for hours or buy exp packs at certain specific points with no natural progression) left me totally cold and estranged.
So the fact that they're returning to the original with a spinoff and with a setting that reminds of AC1 (which might even be remade) is good news. But it's Ubisoft...let's see how things actually unfold.
Yeah, Syndicate was my favourite too. It was a brilliant rendition of Victorian London and didn’t seem overwhelming in scope/size.

Topher

Gold Member
Looking forward to it. I wasn't a fan of AC until Black Flag, but since then I've really come to appreciate the franchise.

If Ubi had condensed Valhalla into a meaningful 20-30 hour game it could have been a great game, but like others have said, it feels like you’ve barely made headway by that point. I’m not hopeful that the next one won’t be the same, albeit with lovely visuals.

I still enjoyed Valhalla, but I get the complaints that it is too bloated. Unity, Syndicate, and Origins were probably the optimal lengths.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
More deserts
sam winchester yawn GIF

Markio128

Looking forward to it. I was a fan of AC until Black Flag, but since then I've really come to appreciate the franchise.

I still enjoyed Valhalla, but I get the complaints that it is too bloated. Unity, Syndicate, and Origins were probably the optimal lengths.
I think I start to lose interest/patience in games past 25 hours, unless the gameplay is super addictive. Maybe it’s my age 😂 I remember being able to complete Syndicate in around 20 hours, with most of the side stuff done as well, which seemed like the sweet spot for me. Even HFW was a bit too long for my liking, but then I really enjoy destroying the machines, so it never felt like a chore.

I think I have a soft spot for Cyberpunk as well because the story is nice and condensed, but the opportunity to veer off is there for those who want to spend more time in the world as well.

Saying that, I did spend an unhealthy amount of time playing Witcher 3, but then the characters and stories within the game were so strong.

Reizo Ryuu

What crack are you smoking? Basim is from AC Revelations which was one of the best closures to a video game Trilogy ever made. Please remove that crack and and throw it into the river.
....if revelations was so good, then why can't you remember which game the guy is actually from?
Basim is an ISU from Valhalla. He's not been in any other mainline game.

Topher

Gold Member
I think I start to lose interest/patience in games past 25 hours, unless the gameplay is super addictive. Maybe it’s my age 😂 I remember being able to complete Syndicate in around 20 hours, with most of the side stuff done as well, which seemed like the sweet spot for me. Even HFW was a bit too long for my liking, but then I really enjoy destroying the machines, so it never felt like a chore.

I think I have a soft spot for Cyberpunk as well because the story is nice and condensed, but the opportunity to veer off is there for those who want to spend more time in the world as well.

Saying that, I did spend an unhealthy amount of time playing Witcher 3, but then the characters and stories within the game were so strong.

I actually like long open world games as long as the gameplay is good. Got me curious so logged on my PS5 to check how many hours I played Valhalla, Origins, and Odyssey since I got Plats for all of them.

AC Origins: 82 hours
AC Odyssey: 97 hours
AC Valhalla: 141 hours

Definitely hoping the next one is under 100 hours.

....if revelations was so good, then why can't you remember which game the guy is actually from?
Basim is an ISU from Valhalla. He's not been in any other mainline game.

Huh?

"Is Basim in AC Revelations?
Basim, who bears a striking resemblance to Ezio as he appeared in Assassin's Creed Revelations, presumably then becomes a mentor to the protagonist of Valhalla, Eivor.Oct 10, 2020"

Markio128

I actually like long open world games as long as the gameplay is good. Got me curious so logged on my PS5 to check how many hours I played Valhalla, Origins, and Odyssey since I got Plats for all of them.

AC Origins: 82 hours
AC Odyssey: 97 hours
AC Valhalla: 141 hours

Definitely hoping the next one is under 100 hours.
Well, nobody can say you didn’t get your monies worth. I think I may be more tolerant to the lengthy campaigns if I had more time to game I guess. Getting old and responsible is not so fun 😂

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Valhalla was the most boring shit i played recently. I dropped it after couple hours in England. Worst reason is that a major company with thousands employees had made a game with clanky combat. For some reason the combat was missing something, i can't describe it but the feeling of something that is not correct got me in the end (i have nearly 300h with elder ring all melee classes but damn it does not get old, i still want to open it and play the first couple hours and jump strike some poor souls)
Same. I couldnt believe how janky the combat was. Simply unacceptable when you are literally making a 100 hour game. How can I be expected to play this janky combat for 90 out of the 100 hours playing the game?

Thousands of employees and not a single person who can create DMC, GOW, Ghost Of Tsushima, or Souls level melee combat? How hard can it be?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
First Next gen only Assasins Creed... the PC version will be unoptimized as fuck.
The first next gen AC on PS360 was a mess. Unity was a legendary mess on PS4x1.

Not that I care tbh. As long as its true next gen and not fake next gen like some of the other next gen only releases recently, im ok with an unoptimized release.

I want the simplistic mission design of AC1 (find target, assess their weakness, assassinate), a likeable protagonist like Ezio (charming, flawed, understandable motivation), and the fluid parkour animations of AC Unity (seamless transition from running to climbing and not floaty like recent entries). Give me this wrapped with current-gen visuals at 60fps and you'll have the perfect AC game.

Reizo Ryuu

Huh?

"Is Basim in AC Revelations?
Basim, who bears a striking resemblance to Ezio as he appeared in Assassin's Creed Revelations, presumably then becomes a mentor to the protagonist of Valhalla, Eivor.Oct 10, 2020"
Sounds like you have a hard time reading what that actually says...
Breaking it down:
"Is basim in revelations:
Basim has a similar appearance to Ezio as how he (Ezio) appeared in ac revelations.
There are theories that he (Ezio) then becomes a mentor to Basim (because of the similar appearance and location Ezio visits)"

Basim never appears in revelations, nor did he actually even exist as a character back then, the theories are purely retroactive after Basim's appearance in Valhalla.

H . R . 2

I personally despised the RPG elements. it was just a clever way to shove those MTX down the new generation's throat, all in the name of "change" through pseduoRPG titles . those who call AC: O, Valhalla RPGs have probably not played Oblivion, Skyrim, or Mass Effect to know the kind of depth required for a proper RPG.
also those who accuse classic AC gameplay of being monotonous and stale are the very same people who wouldn't mind begging Rocksteady for the very same counter combat system with nice takedowns and animations. the difference is that Ubi is more prolific with AC than Rocksteady is with the Arkham series

Last edited:

yamaci17

Sounds like you have a hard time reading what that actually says...
Breaking it down:
"Is basim in revelations:
Basim has a similar appearance to Ezio as how he (Ezio) appeared in ac revelations.
There are theories that he (Ezio) then becomes a mentor to Basim (because of the similar appearance and location Ezio visits)"

Basim never appears in revelations, nor did he actually even exist as a character back then, the theories are purely retroactive after Basim's appearance in Valhalla.
you got it part wrong part correct
basim is a mentor to the eivor in valhalla, and in the end of valhalla he was stuck in the machine, then got unstuck in 2020 by layla, so it is not possible for ezio to be a mentor for basim in any form or shape.

ezio lived in 1400s-1500s, which is quite far away from valhalla's plot and surely basim was stuck in that machine between 1000s and 2020

dude probably mixes yusuf tazim in revelations with basim LMAO

ezio did indeed somewhat mentored yusuf tazim though, but he also learned quite a bit amount of tricks from yusuf as well. tazim was a proper bro
basim is a traitrous loki incarnation, all he probably wants is to get her wife back, i dont think he will deeply care for assassins's or abstergo's ambitions. he will use both of them to get what he needs.

Last edited:
basim is a mentor to the eivor in valhalla, and in the end of valhalla he was stuck in the machine, then got unstuck in 2020 by layla, so it is not possible for ezio to be a mentor for basim in any form or shape.

ezio lived in 1400s-1500s, which is quite far away from valhalla's plot and surely basim was stuck in that machine between 1000s and 2020

dude probably mixes yusuf tazim in revelations with basim LMAO
I think we're all confused then. I played Revelations a very long time and I remember that Basim was either a part of Revelations in 1 way or another, or his name was just mentioned. It's been probably 10 years since I've played it. I kind of wish for a remake of the entire trilogy. The only thing i remember well from revelations is the epic ending. I would kill for that.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

I didn't get it "wrong", I know what the story is.
I'm just telling you what the theories were because Basim was the leader of the hidden ones in Constantinople, which ezio visits in revelations, so you got these dumb theories that linked the two together just based on the appearance and location.

But Basim was 1000% never part of revelations, he didn't exist at all back then, he's a purely new character made for Valhalla, so dunno what he's smoking.

yamaci17

I didn't get it "wrong", I know what the story is.
I'm just telling you what the theories were because Basim was the leader of the hidden ones in Constantinople, which ezio visits in revelations, so you got these dumb theories that linked the two together just based on the appearance and location.

But Basim was 1000% never part of revelations, he didn't exist at all back then, he's a purely new character made for Valhalla, so dunno what he's smoking.
its a really dumb theory then :messenger_tears_of_joy:

mitch1971

that Ubisoft was planning to release a smaller-scale, stealth-focused Assassin’s Creed game.

mirage
/ˈmɪrɑːʒ,mɪˈrɑːʒ/

noun
noun: mirage; plural noun: mirages
  1. an optical illusion.
  2. an unrealistic hope or wish that cannot be achieved.

K2D

Banned
I'm actually excited for a new gen AC that doesnt lean to heavily on pop culture..! (ie Vikings and ancient Greece)

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
I think we're all confused then. I played Revelations a very long time and I remember that Basim was either a part of Revelations in 1 way or another, or his name was just mentioned. It's been probably 10 years since I've played it. I kind of wish for a remake of the entire trilogy. The only thing i remember well from revelations is the epic ending. I would kill for that.
You're talking about yuzuf TAZIM lol

Bloomberg first reported in February that Ubisoft was planning to release a smaller-scale, stealth-focused Assassin’s Creed game that is closer to the early series entries than the more recent RPG-influenced ones.

If this is true Assassin's Creed might become a franchise I care about again. I loved the earlier games and once they went open world RPG my interest basically died

GymWolf

I don't mind if the game is 50-100 hours, but they need to revamp combat and traversal and writing to make these 100 hours actually good to play.

Their gameplay is not even good for a 10 hours game, let alone 30 or 50.

Certinty

Not buying this unless it goes back to the old formula.

Origins was ok, Odyssey was great despite the fluff but Valhalla was one of the worst games I’ve played these past few years.

Something like Ghost of Tsushima found the perfect mix Ubisoft should have with this franchise.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yup im hyped for this.

Already like the outfit and seems more Assassins Creed-ish than the last few outfits.

Fbjs_RWX0AAhg0Y.jpg

Tomi

Assassin's Creed games are loaded with too much milk in them

Its time to make new IP ubisoft, this is beyond ridiculous what you are doing...

Top Bottom