• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Goodfellas’ Star Ray Liotta Dies at 67

jason10mm

Gold Member
RIP

Unfortunately I think the next 5-10 years are gonna be an absolute GOAT actor bloodbath as the 80's greats move on. Schwarzeneggar dying is gonna hit me like the Kennedy assassination...there is just such a gulf between those guys in their prime and what the new actors are doing now.

darrylgorn

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

J/k

RIP Ray

RIP. Goodfellas is one of the all time great movies and Liotta was a huge reason why it's so enjoyable. dude also had so many other great performance. Heart Breakers, Smoking Aces, Hannibal, just off the top of my head. he might not be the leading man in these movies but his performance has always been memorable. at least he passed in his sleep and presumably didn't suffer.

SirTerry-T

Everyone needs to watch "Something Wild" too, Liotta wrote the rulebook on psychotic ex-boyfriends with that one. Great talent. Fantastic speaking voice, full of character.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Just found out today, when I looked him up on Wiki to see his cause of death, that he's mostly Scottish. No doubt he belongs to you guys, though (Italians).

This one sucks

x_R4oe.gif

Might want to sit down for this: Robert DeNiro is more Irish than Italian.

Anyways, RIP. I always thought he was great in any role he showed up in even though he could never seem to escape from his role in Goodfellas.

Karmic Raze

I always enjoyed his work. He is a true legend of cinema, and he will be sorely missed. R.I.P. Ray Liotta. Godspeed, my friend.

Last edited:

nkarafo

Dying in your sleep, unexpectedly, not being hospitalised or anything, is the best way to go i guess.

But 67 is too soon, he should have at least one more good decade.

Top Bottom