• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Jackass’ Returning As Paramount Sets Release Date For New Johnny Knoxville Film

Bullet Club

‘Jackass’ Returning As Paramount Sets Release Date For New Johnny Knoxville Film

Jackass will continue to prevail on the big screen, as Paramount has announced tonight a March 5, 2021 release date for the fourth movie. Based on the MTV reality stunt-prank series that launched in 2000, created by Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze and Jeff Tremaine, Paramount took the brand to the big screen in 2002. Through three movies to date, the franchise has racked up over $335M.

Tremaine directed the last three movies in addition to Knoxville comedy Bad Grandpa, which grossed $151.8M back in the fall of 2013 and was billed as a ‘Jackass presents’ production.

There are three other wide entries already on the calendar for March 5-7, 2021: Sony’s Masters of the Universe, an untitled Universal movie, and an untitled Warner Bros. feature.

Source: Deadline

GymWolf

giphy.gif

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Jesus, was Bad Grandpa really that long ago?

This will have to be the last one. Knoxville really looks haggard, and they're all starting to get old. If they keep going someone is going to die doing a stunt.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Man, Jackass 3 had such a good ending. Seems weird to just carry on for the sake of it. But, I said that about Toy Story 4 and it still ended up being great.

Mohonky

Why? They're all old as fuck now and Bam is insane.
Yeh its a bit....odd.

Tbh teens do dumber shit on youtube for fame these days.

The boys aint gonna heal like they used to either, so it'll be interesting to see what they can and cant do.

garballax

shouldn't be too long before we get a Jackass snuff film. hell, maybe it'll be this one. i wonder what stunt they'll pull at the funeral.

Hinedorf

Banned
Why? The ones not named Johnny Knoxville have likely blown their money on drugs, lawyers, and drugs.

TIME FOR ANOTHER MOVIE!

Shamefully I don't think there's a single one I didn't go to the theater for but goddamn the comical immaturity has been replaced with middle aged desperation. (I'll probably still go)

Super Mario

Banned
Oh look, a 4th iteration of a move is being released. I'm sure there will be complaining. Ah, expectation delivered.

These movies have always been fun. They have had a following. So why not get in maybe the last hurrah? Don't see it if you don't want to.

Thabass

Oh look, a 4th iteration of a move is being released. I'm sure there will be complaining. Ah, expectation delivered.

These movies have always been fun. They have had a following. So why not get in maybe the last hurrah? Don't see it if you don't want to.

I mean I love Jackass and all and I'll watch the 4th one, but Jesus they are old and I don't even think Bam is emotionally stable to do the movie anymore.

brap

Banned

Oh fuck off. Quit acting like people can't have opinions.

well, I for one, am excited.

fckin debbie downers in here

its god damn physical/slapstick comedy vignettes.

its not like there needs to be a narrative.

a 28 year knoxville getting rammed by a bull is the same as a 42 yr old knoxville getting rammed by a bull.

whats problematic is like how many times can steveo puke from inhaling a fart so many different ways.

as long as the skits are creative and smart then its entertaining.

the hardest thing about pulling this off well is the ubiquity of shock culture now. also, its terribly difficult to prank the public nowdays

you either love the em or hate em i guess. ( and most of the group i actually hate.... knoxville and pontius, and steveo, are pretty cool dudes, the rest are essentially townies)

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
What is wrong with you people? This just made my day, will never turn down an opportunity to watch that crew hang out and clown eachother.

Yeah same here. I might actually leave the house for this.

What’s going on with Bam? Legitimate question.

brap

Banned
What is wrong with you people? This just made my day, will never turn down an opportunity to watch that crew hang out and clown eachother.
Because I actually watched Action Park which looked painful as fuck for Knoxville. I see how Bam is a bloated alcoholic retard that can't even stand on a skateboard anymore.

Who the fuck knows. Watch this if you want to see unfiltered Bam

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
With some luck, the crew can convince me that they're not actually past their prime.

Cautiously optimistic.

I'd rather see a Wild Boyz movie, to be honest.

Kenpachii

lol they are old as hell now. How are they ever going to keep up? every hit bam gets is basically him breaking bones.

Ichabod

Banned
Bam had turned into Phil the last time I saw footage of him. Hopefully he holds it together long enough to suit up for one last hurrah.

Always had a soft spot for Jackass. Looking forward to see if the guys still have it.

Nahh, no thanks. CKY 1 and 2 were perfection, Haggard was the icing on the cake, Jackass was a nice little farewell to the boys.

Without Brandon Di Camillo, Raab himself, Prime Bam and Random Hero Ryan Dunn and Vito (RIP to both) it aint the same.

CKY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jackass.

Amory

Surprising and yet not surprising. It's a pretty easy paycheck for guys that were probably never as rich as you'd think, even at their peak. But I'll see it for sure lol

It'll prolly suck, but I love those guys

Christ, Knoxville's pushing 50 now

Blond

Banned
Why? They looked miserable in jackass 3. I couldn't even laugh because it seemed like they were just going through the motions compared to all the fun they had in the first two.

Birdo

Banned
Youtube kind of made the show obsolete.

Why pay to watch these guys when I can go on Youtube and watch some teen jump through a wall of fluorescent lights.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Kinda going to be hard to watch with Dunn not there, even if Margera can get his shit together.
With Dunn dead, Bam probably not in good shape, DiCamillo highly uninterested, and Raab possibly on bad terms with the other people from Pennsylvania, I could see them just leaving the Pennsylvania crew out.

Serious addiction issues. Some mental health stuff also seems very possible. Collapse of some relationships (Raab, possibly DiCamillo, whatever that heroine addict guy's name is, Dunn's death.)

Last edited:

brap

Banned
With Dunn dead, Bam probably not in good shape, DiCamillo highly uninterested, and Raab possibly on bad terms with the other people from Pennsylvania, I could see them just leaving the Pennsylvania crew out.
Dico hasn't talked to anybody from the CKY days in years except Raab and Rake. Dico didn't even want to be on Raab's podcast.

brap

Banned
What happened between all of them? Dico was always one of my favorites.
Idk. Dico was never the type of guy that wanted to be in the spotlight, Bam became insufferable, Rake was in college to be a scientist or already was one, I think Raab was also insufferable and on drugs like Bam.

bronk

Banned
Idk. Dico was never the type of guy that wanted to be in the spotlight, Bam became insufferable, Rake was in college to be a scientist or already was one, I think Raab was also insufferable and on drugs like Bam.
Oh ok. Makes sense.

Kenpachii

jackass to me is bam/knoxville/steve-o.
Good additions where, the midget/fat guy and that chris guy and dun. They could pick whatever they want out of that club. Phil could also be added with it with his wife ( bams parents ) as they kinda blurred into the mix by just existing.

Everybody else was just extra's really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom