• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Superman’ top contenders to replace Henry Cavill revealed

Same age range as Cavill. They "want younger" because these damned studios keep rebooting their trainwrecks every decade. It's so boring.

I would love a more older grizzled Superman dealing with years of baggage, not stuck in the perpetual just out of teenhood era of endless reboots told 30 different ways of the same thing in the end.

Lol that's why I like Henry Cavill and Snyder's version of the character. It's different. Turns out he can make big mistakes, is flawed.

Not looking forward to Gunn's vision if its just going to be a Superman 1978 movie reboot.

We need creatives to show different sides to these characters that the audiences have not seen before. A little deviation here and there while sticking to the core philosophy of the character won't hurt anyone.

Last edited:
Netflix or Amazon Prime will take good care of that for you.
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
GW is a lot of things, but one of those is protective of their IP from an aesthetic standpoint (bad 40k games aren't bad because devs didn't nail the tone). They will have it in the contract that their people have creative control, or there won't be a contract in the first place. All Amazon has to do is cut the check.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
GW is a lot of things, but one of those is protective of their IP from an aesthetic standpoint (bad 40k games aren't bad because devs didn't nail the tone). They will have it in the contract that their people have creative control, or there won't be a contract in the first place. All Amazon has to do is cut the check.
Definitely great to know and hopefully the core people stay intact with no indoctrinated hires D&D imploded with.

Definitely great to know and hopefully the core people stay intact with no indoctrinated hires D&D imploded with.
For example this is how GW does 'strong female representation'.

When demanded of to bend the knee GW made the most bat-shit insane female faction in the Imperium, and they're fucking awesome. Lotara Sarrin and her "Big Ol' Fuckin Boat" is hand's down one of the best plotlines to come out of the Heresy.

I'm not worried about GW allowing Amazon to fuck up their IP.

Is Clooney going to be Gunn's Batman? Even though Gunn said no, I saw a rumor that Clooney might be in The Flash at the end

DKehoe

Gold Member

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hoult would be terrible.

I would also be fine with a Superwoman instead of a Superman considering how many we have seen of the latter and how few we have seen of the former.

I have a feeling James Gunn is going to completely fuck up the DCMU with shitty ass casting. Hell the one movie he did for DC fucking sucked, how he got the job confuses me.

FunkMiller

Wouldn’t mind the new soundtrack to be the spiritual successor of this:

This theme is as much a part of who Superman is as the cape, S shield and flying. It's not like with other superheroes, where the themes aren't as associated with them. That music IS Superman. When it's missing it feels wrong.

I hope Gunn's version recognises this, and gives us a modern interpretation of it. I always thought Zimmer would have done a terrific interpretation of it. I genuinely think Man Of Steel would have done better business if they'd had Zimmer's take on Williams's theme.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
My bet is on Anne Hataway uglier sister.
Having seen Nicholas Hoult in that Nicolas Cage’s Dracula movie (really fun movie by the way a little to on the nose sometimes but really fun and imaginative), i cannot fathom how anyone seriously told themselves « i need that dude to play superman! » 😂
Am I missing something here? There are multiple posts here complaining about Hoult playing Superman, but article clearly says he's being considered for Lex Luthor.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Am I missing something here? There are multiple posts here complaining about Hoult playing Superman, but article clearly says he's being considered for Lex Luthor.
The only thing you're missing is that, and i'm only speaking for myself, im a huge moron who didn't read the article and assumed every dude pictured was considered for Superman :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:
It makes a lot more sense now. Thank you :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Top Bottom