• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘We love you, we miss you, we hate money’: Indie publisher supports closed studios

Indie game publisher New Blood Interactive has shown its support for closed studios with an electronic billboard in LA.

The billboard, posted to coincide with Summer Game Fest, was spotted by Game File journalist Stephen Totilo, who posted it on X.

It initially reads “gone but not forgotten”, then lists the following studios and their birth and ‘death’ years:

It then mentions everyone else “laid off, downsized and ‘made redundant'”, saying: “Thank you for great games, from your friends at New Blood”.

The message then becomes pixellated and changes to another statement saying “we love you, we miss you, we hate money”.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I guess it worked in getting people's attention. Never heard of this publisher or any of their games. Seems like a bit of a stunt to market their name off of studio corpses, but I guess that's marketing.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/NewBlood

Im sure you must've. They published/made one of the best shooters on the market such as Dusk, Ultrakill, etc. The guy who owns the company also makes his own games in his spare time.
I looked them up and I personally haven't heard of any of them. Not saying they're bad, just that this marketing seemingly worked on me since now I know they exist.

I don't really understand the point for this billboard other than raising awareness with shitty pubs killing dev studios (like Tango making award winning and highly rated games) but New Blood puts out some fantastic games. And also some so so games. For example, Dusk's gameplay is pure gold.

Last edited:
Volition kinda did it to themselves imo. A great Saints Row game 2 years before GTA6 releases could have been a pretty big deal.
I don't think it was too crowded then either.

Top Bottom