• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Wonder Woman: 1984” - Trailers, Clips, Reviews

ManaByte

I like Florence Pugh and hope she will be the new Black Widow in the mcu going forward, so they at least could carry her character over.

clean.jpg

Gp1

Is Wonder Woman going to fight Jordan Belfort Maxwell Someshit in a Trump Reagan America tearing down not a berlin walls?

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Kinda liked the trailer and its tone. :messenger_horns:. The cgi looks a bit rough. Hated Gadot as a choise for Wonder Woman but she certainly proved me wrong. The first movie did fell flat at the end especially because of the horribly dated cgi and carpon copy villain. Going in much more open minded for the sequel.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I skipped the first one but that looks really rad, love the 80s setting.

you should def watch the first one. it was excellent. easily the best DC movie to date (although i haven't seen joker so that might be the best, but it still it'd a fantastic movie). plus it'll probably have connections to the first one so you'll want to catch before seeing 84

you should def watch the first one. it was excellent. easily the best DC movie to date (although i haven't seen joker so that might be the best, but it still it'd a fantastic movie). plus it'll probably have connections to the first one so you'll want to catch before seeing 84

I’m not sure it’s fair to compare Joker to the likes of Wonder Woman and Shazam. To me it’s basically two different genres

#Phonepunk#

Banned
will probably watch this on a plane in a few years the same as the first movie.

it was a good first movie but really really dumb. Wonder Woman herself is a total fucking idiot. decent action scenes tho.

on one hand i want to know how Chris Pine is back but on the other i don't care what the explanation is, the whole idea retroactively ruins the last movie. these comic book guys can't keep bringing back dead characters without it just undermining the meaning of death itself.

Last edited:

kunonabi

will probably watch this on a plane in a few years the same as the first movie.

it was a good first movie but really really dumb. Wonder Woman herself is a total fucking idiot. decent action scenes tho.

on one hand i want to know how Chris Pine is back but on the other i don't care what the explanation is, the whole idea retroactively ruins the last movie. these comic book guys can't keep bringing back dead characters without it just undermining the meaning of death itself.

I get the feeling that the guy on tv with the artifact has the ability to grant wishes. Gadot wishes for Trevor, Wigg wishes she had better eyesight, etc. and this gives him power or something in return. I'm hoping it's a monkey paw scenario which ends with Trevor dying again and Wigg turning into a literal crazy cat lady but I expect to be let down on that front.

Javthusiast

Banned
However, the high heels fighting had me rolling my eyes.

Shit like this thankfully never bothers me one bit. I have seen enough anime, played enough games and watched enough over the top comic book movies to pay zero attention to realism. If a hot chick wants to fight in heels, by all means let her do it, lol.

Alx

80s music is always a plus. I'll probably go watch it, it could be fun.
I thought the first movie was just ok but a missed opportunity. It's actually the one comics movie that should have gone "full woke" and didn't. I mean, an Amazon raised as a warrior away from men, immersed in early XXth century culture, and all she gets to say is "women can do better than being secretaries" ? (ok the part about her studies of female orgasms was funny, but that's a few seconds in the whole movie).

Last edited:

tkscz

I enjoyed the first one and this one looks to be more fun. Don't see it topping SHAZAM though.

Also, really hoping Cheetah will be the main villain and Maxwell Lord is the Catalyst.

desertdroog

I enjoyed the first one, I hope they can keep the momentum going. DC has more losses than wins, let's hope they don't blow this IP like they did with Batman.

sol_bad

I’m not sure it’s fair to compare Joker to the likes of Wonder Woman and Shazam. To me it’s basically two different genres

I agree with this 100%.
Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam! are comic book films. Joker is a drama / character study disguised as a comic book film, it's not really Joker in that film, at least not any Joker I know of in the comics/cartoons/movies. I'm happy that Wonder Woman is embracing the absurdity of comics, bring on the lightning bolt swinging shenanigans! I just hope they don't shy away from Cheetah, she doesn't have to be naked with tits but she has to look like a mutant creature thing.

Fox Mulder

I thought the first one was only okay at best and boring at parts. Gal Gadot worked as WW though and a sequel in the 80s could be fun.

Kenpachii

Dope music and remix to go with trailer.

How the fuck is Chris Pine's character back again.

Fish out of water/time stuff at the end, sure why not.

Well he carried the last movie. He needs to return for this to not bomb straight out.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The 70s tv series took a huge nosedive when it shifted time periods. First season where she is fighting Nazis is great. After that she was in the 70s fighting evil disco producers and such, it was totally lame. Hopefully they don’t make that mistake w this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The 70s tv series took a huge nosedive when it shifted time periods. First season where she is fighting Nazis is great. After that she was in the 70s fighting evil disco producers and such, it was totally lame. Hopefully they don’t make that mistake w this.
It would have been funny if the second movie is set during WW2 and Diana is all like, WTF, the Germans again??? "

Top Bottom