• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 new PS VR2 titles revealed, launch window lineup now over 40 games

mckmas8808

Banned
p1XLYtZ.png

This is gunna be a hard sell with the current lineup vs the market

So multiplatform games are now bad?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
PSVR 2 will be my 1st VR headset and these are the games I'm excited for so far

Horizon Call of the Mountain
Star Wars
Secret of the Garden
Resident Evil Village
GT7
Kayak Mirage
Switchback
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners II

This is better than some consoles imo

In some ways, sure. But games like Switchback, star wars, etc, so short it's hard to consider the launch "game". I mean we are talking 2 - 3 hours to beat these.
Even Horizon is only 7 hours. Only really GT7 and REV can be considered full length AAA games.
So all in all not really "way better" than most consoles as it's not apples to apples as you can't just compare how many games.
And that's not even taking into account the vast majority being games already out on other platforms and or playable in 2d. (which may be enough or even preferable for some people)

As far as it being your first, I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said a large group would have already had one.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

But it is also just like already users. There’s not really a lower point of entry except for of course a quest 2, but then again, when people hear from all the other players the vr2 is a big deal they will also buy it. It’s not as expensive as buying a car or anything. The price trolling for this thing is through the roof but of course if you don’t care about quality there is a cheaper alternative, just like a Xbox series s.

I don't have any issue with the price myself, but it's still a large purchase for a lot of people. Or they don't value it at all, don't care for VR, etc.
The thing is the people playing VR now tend to be heavy gamers.

THE DUCK

So multiplatform games are now bad?

I don't think anyone said they were bad, just that a lot of people may have already played these in VR, making them less valuable then a new game. Especially considering the length of some of them.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
In some ways, sure. But games like Switchback, star wars, etc, so short it's hard to consider the launch "game". I mean we are talking 2 - 3 hours to beat these.
Even Horizon is only 7 hours. Only really GT7 and REV can be considered full length AAA games.
So all in all not really "way better" than most consoles as it's not apples to apples as you can't just compare how many games.
And that's not even taking into account the vast majority being games already out on other platforms and or playable in 2d. (which may be enough or even preferable for some people)

As far as it being your first, I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said a large group would have already had one.
I'd take the list of VR launch games I posted over "full game" launch lineups like Gears Tactics, The Falconeer, etc

midnightAI

i assumed you were interested in vr games.
Many/most people getting the PSVR 2 will be upgrading from PSVR 1.

Should people not buy a PS5 because the multiplatform games are available on Xbox even if they don't own an XBox? It's a silly argument and done just to shit up another positive PSVR thread (again), but you keep warring, I'm sure you've made lots of people regret their purchase :pie_eyeroll:

THE DUCK

Skyrim and gta5 or the VR ones?

The VR ones. Apples to oranges, the comparison is not the same. See if you were to tell me Half Life was coming to PSVR2 that would be more exciting because it's a true AAA game even though it's been out before, and only on PC.
I stand behind the idea that regurgitated basic 2-3 hour VR games don't hold the same value. Will I buy one or 2 to play around with, sure! Fun? Maybe for a bit. Lots of value, not so much.

Last edited:
The VR ones. Apples to oranges, the comparison is not the same.
If we were talking about sales, I would agree, but you said this:

These are pretty much old regurgitated games that most vr players have already tried or don't want to try. Let's not make it out like Sony just announced full playble games of gow and ratchet in vr.
Leaving out your silly idea that if it is an old game nobody will want to try it, you said that old games that most players have tried doesn't make them good games.

Yet Minecraft, Mario, Tetris, Skyrim, GTA5 say otherwise. How old is Fortnite or COD?

You're downplaying a launch of 40 games for...what reason?

Crayon

i assumed you were interested in vr games.

I absolutely am. I can't buy every headset. These things are not cheap. I made due with the inferior hardware of the psvr1 because it's own games and they were good. Dirt Rally, Skyrim, Wipeout, Astrobot, NMS, RE7 and things like that. So I waited and now I'm getting the best hardware with the best prospects for software. Worth waiting, wouldn't you say?

Thing gives me kinect vibes.

Kinect didn't even work. And it sold like crazy lol. It was a hundred bucks and on Oprah.

THE DUCK

If we were talking about sales, I would agree, but you said this:

Leaving out your silly idea that if it is an old game nobody will want to try it, you said that old games that most players have tried doesn't make them good games.

Yet Minecraft, Mario, Tetris, Skyrim, GTA5 say otherwise. How old is Fortnite or COD?

You're downplaying a launch of 40 games for...what reason?

It's simple, they aren't full games like a traditional console, so you can say "40 games" over and over till you are blue in the face but this isn't the same as a console launch with 40 games.
The reason I am stating this is people are going way overboard acting like it's launching with 40 AAA games and it's amazing and Sony can do no wrong ever, and it's god's gift to everyone.

It's not, it's a fairly high priced peripheral (that I am buying) that has a few good games at launch and it will be a lot of fun to play. But let's just keep it real.
Next thing you know they will announce a 30 in 1 sports game and say there is another 30 mini games and it's the greatest launch of all time with 70 games.

mckmas8808

Banned
I don't think anyone said they were bad, just that a lot of people may have already played these in VR, making them less valuable then a new game. Especially considering the length of some of them.

But this is literally the case for every single console launch within the last 15 years. So why should this be any different?

It's simple, they aren't full games like a traditional console, so you can say "40 games" over and over till you are blue in the face but this isn't the same as a console launch with 40 games.

Is it launching with 40 games?
The reason I am stating this is people are going way overboard acting like it's launching with 40 AAA games and it's amazing and Sony can do no wrong ever, and it's god's gift to everyone.

No one is saying they are AAA and the rest about Sony doing no wrong shows you have some issues my friend. It's an upgrade to a new piece of technology, exclusive to consoles. Same as the lightgun 2 or kinect 2 or whatever peripheral you like. Except is isn't launching with Fable or Star wars on rails or House of the Dead. It's launching with 40 games.
It's not, it's a fairly high priced peripheral (that I am buying) that has a few good games at launch and it will be a lot of fun to play. But let's just keep it real.
Next thing you know they will announce a 30 in 1 sports game and say there is another 30 mini games and it's the greatest launch of all time with 70 games.
That's you not keeping it real. Sony have already announced another 100 games in the works. One can argue about price all day long, it is subjective.

How gamers ever got this entitled is beyond me. I used to be happy with 3 games a year.

THE DUCK

I see some people are still fixated on shitting on this headset lol

I see some people are fixated with the idea that any time someone says something negative it means they are "shitting" on something. Beyond ridiculous, but it's happening more and more.
Imagine a forum where people could actually have opinions without being called biased automatically.

THE DUCK

Is it launching with 40 games?

No one is saying they are AAA and the rest about Sony doing no wrong shows you have some issues my friend. It's an upgrade to a new piece of technology, exclusive to consoles. Same as the lightgun 2 or kinect 2 or whatever peripheral you like. Except is isn't launching with Fable or Star wars on rails or House of the Dead. It's launching with 40 games.

That's you not keeping it real. Sony have already announced another 100 games in the works. One can argue about price all day long, it is subjective.

How gamers ever got this entitled is beyond me. I used to be happy with 3 games a year.

Kind of the reverse of entitled in my case, I am content with what is being offered, just don't think it's the goose who laid the golden egg. I'm not ranting and raving that I expect more.

THE DUCK

But this is literally the case for every single console launch within the last 15 years. So why should this be any different?

True, but the difference being this is being heralded as perfect, amazing, fantastic, that's all I was getting at. No launch is perfect, and this one is no different, it has some holes. I don't understand the huge objection to the idea that it's not.

ABnormal

You should include this game

Behemoth

Why am i never heard of this game until now? This look sick ya'l sleeping on this one

I think this is my most anticipated VR game

Look amazing

That's maybe my most anticipated one. Coming from the makers of Saint and Sinners, who already stated that the game will continue the path of "gounded, phisics based melee and animations", and being in a setting that feels like the best combination among open world, survival, realistic and gritty art direction, and Shadow of the Colossus vibes, seems a dream came true. This is a VR game that will make speak of itself.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I see some people are fixated with the idea that any time someone says something negative it means they are "shitting" on something. Beyond ridiculous, but it's happening more and more.
Imagine a forum where people could actually have opinions without being called biased automatically.

I didn't talk about you but if the glove fits

I'm not ranting and raving that I expect more.

These are pretty much old regurgitated games that most vr players have already tried or don't want to try. Let's not make it out like Sony just announced full playble games of gow and ratchet in vr.

True, but the difference being this is being heralded as perfect, amazing, fantastic, that's all I was getting at.

I don't understand the huge objection to the idea that it's not.
Let's not make it out like Sony just announced full playble games of gow and ratchet in vr.

Maybe I'm being a little unfair for teasing you here as you seem like a fairly level-headed poster (which is why you will have other people respond to you more than the raving lunatics) but you are adding assumptions and beliefs into your posts. Nobody is heralding it as perfect or saying that all 40 games are amazing and it's fine to say some look like crap. But to say they are just regurgitated 3rd party ports and dismissing the entire line-up as 'nothing to see here' is a bit much.

Though, I will agree with this:

I do believe your premise of 'regurgitated old games = instantly weak line-up' is faulty. A lot of those games will be new to people, myself included. I would rather have 100 old games and a few new ones, than just a few new ones. Plus, the old games get a second wind and that may generate enough interest in bring a sequel!

Everyone wins. Be happy for people.

Markio128

True, but the difference being this is being heralded as perfect, amazing, fantastic, that's all I was getting at. No launch is perfect, and this one is no different, it has some holes. I don't understand the huge objection to the idea that it's not.
You’re coming across as obsessively pessimistic about the PSVR2 launch. Not a great look.
I don’t think anyone has said the launch games are perfect either - there are quite a few duffers in the lineup, but on the flip side, there are also some great looking titles.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I have a Quest 2. GT7, RE8 and bunch of others aren't on there. Pretending the Quest 2 and the PSVR 2 are the same thing is fucking ridiculous.

Just look at RE4 VR on Quest 2, which is great, but it doesn't look like RE8 on PSVR 2 and its not even close.
RE4 is a great game and better than RE8 (whether flat or in VR) so, who gives a shit about the graphical gap? Do you only care about the few games that look as good as Horizon and GT7 from these 40 games? That severely reduces their number too, even if by different arguments to his.
I do believe your premise of 'regurgitated old games = instantly weak line-up' is faulty. A lot of those games will be new to people, myself included. I would rather have 100 old games and a few new ones, than just a few new ones. Plus, the old games get a second wind and that may generate enough interest in bring a sequel!

That's nice but very few here will call a Switch 2 launch lineup great if it's got a handful of new games, some of which exclusives, plus 35 games you can already play on other platforms (just not Switch 1) now as we speak, never mind by its eventual actual announcement & launch window 🤷

It's nice that some people care about VR now Sony tells them to and indeed will give plenty games a chance so hopefully the platform does well, boosts all of VR and doesn't end up like PSVR with dwindling support given its capabilities aren't behind the curve like it was but come on dudes.

Last edited:
That's nice but very few will call a Switch 2 launch lineup great if it's got a handful of new games, some of which exclusives, plus 35 games you can already play on other platforms (just not Switch 1) now as we speak, never mind by its eventual actual announcement and launch window 🤷‍♂️
I appreciate the sentiment. However, I am not one of the few.

XXL

RE4 is a great game and better than RE8 as far as I'm concerned (whether in flat or VR) so, who gives a shit about the graphics? Do you only give a shit about the games that look as good as Horizon and GT7 from these 40 games?
Where the fuck did I say any of that? I told you I own a Quest 2.

The PSVR 2 is a more capable headset on many levels than the Quest 2, just like the Quest 2 is better than the PSVR 1 on many levels.

Instead of acting like a child about, accept it.

My vr arrive today but gt and horizon are the only titles that I care. I sold my old PSVR because it was lame (resolution) , and the meta 2 i didn’t like all those “indies” vr games.

More “Sony” games for VR please 🙏

Raonak

Banned
Bought by PSVR this morning, (NZ is first yay), but have 5 more hours of work till I can touch it ;_;

Pretty sweet launch lineup. 40 games is 40 games.

Most PSVR2 buyers are upgrading directly from PSVR1.
Don't know why anyone is bring up the the quest 2, no-one even cares about the quest 2.

Last edited:

Markio128

Pretty sweet launch lineup. 40 games is 40 games.

Most PSVR2 buyers are upgrading directly from PSVR1.
Don't know why anyone is bring up the the quest 2, no-one even cares about the quest 2.
Apparently we’ve all played the entire Quest 2 catalogue of games, therefore are lying to ourselves when we say we are excited about PSVR2. That’s about the gist of it.

Anyway, one more sleep here in the UK until it’s playtime. My bubble is way to strong to be burst at this point 😂

THE DUCK

Maybe I'm being a little unfair for teasing you here as you seem like a fairly level-headed poster (which is why you will have other people respond to you more than the raving lunatics) but you are adding assumptions and beliefs into your posts. Nobody is heralding it as perfect or saying that all 40 games are amazing and it's fine to say some look like crap. But to say they are just regurgitated 3rd party ports and dismissing the entire line-up as 'nothing to see here' is a bit much.

Though, I will agree with this:

Yes agreed, some is better than nothing. I never said the PSVR2 lineup was weak, you never read that from me, check all your quotes. (this is what I mean about if you say something negative, it automatically means you hate everything)
Don't worry, I'm happy. After all, I have feathers and I can fly.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Looking forward to giving Rez infinite, Tetris Effect and of course Horizon a go when I get this...

Are people like generally unable to see good games or something?

THE DUCK

Looking forward to giving Rez infinite, Tetris Effect and of course Horizon a go when I get this...

Are people like generally unable to see good games or something?

Tetris effect is so amazing in vr and even not in VR........

Top Bottom