• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim shipments and digital sales top one million

I tried to get through it, but I couldn't. The actual gameplay was so incredibly boring. They created this wonderful "word cloud" mechanic, but there is no nuance. There are no real choices to be made. You simply click through each word and read the response. It's a visual novel where you can choose every option without consequence. Then you are occasionally thrust into a tactical mech game.

I spent hours wading through four characters' intro chapters before realizing that there are probably 13 of these things.

I like the idea of the game, though, and am glad that it serves their audience well. I just wish that someone had told me it was a visual novel before I spent time and money on it. Even the official description lists it as a "2D sidescrolling adventure".

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
where-the-hell-you-been-curtis-payne.gif

Seriously. Im shocked I had no idea this existed. And that its out in less than a month?! WTF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't play Vanillaware games for 'visual novel' or 'flowcharts'
The best thing about Vanillaware devs they make different type of games.

I also big fan of Japanese point&click adventure games so for me it was no problem.

Top Bottom