• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Best Remakes of this Generation

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remakes and remasters have come to dominate the past several years of gaming. However, the amount of effort that developers have started to pour into the hallowed franchises of yore extends beyond mere HD visuals or resolution bumps. What are the best remakes of this generation? Let's take a look, starting from the very good and ending with the great.

Mr Hyde

Resident Evil 2 was really good. Capcom knocked it out of the park Gotta hand it to Shadow of the Colossus too, extremely impressive on a technical level, even though I'm not a huge fan of the game itself.

TeKtheSanE

RE2 Remake was quite a treat and something I had been wanting for years, also released on my birthday so that was nice.

I'd like to give FF7 remake an honorable mention though.

EDMIX

Resident Evil 2 was really good. Capcom knocked it out of the park Gotta hand it to Shadow of the Colossus too, extremely impressive on a technical level, even though I'm not a huge fan of the game itself.

Agreed.

Capcom basically wrote the book on remakes with RE2002. At that time such a thing to such a degree I don't even think was ever done. I feel they are still the gold standard in this area.

Bluepoint is also a solid team to point out too as Shadow Of The Colossus and Demon Souls are massive technical beast. I think only a few truly do remakes well as remakes in general on AAA titles are not the norm.

Esca

Didn't watch the video but these are some of mine that come to mind
Ff7
Shadow of the colossus
Wipeout omega
Gravity rush
Spyro
Crash
Crash team racing
Tony hawk

My mind is blank now but I know there's more

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Gravity rush
Gravity Rush? I don't remember being "remake".
gravity-rush-remastered-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-17nov15

Good list! For me it’s Shadow of the Colossus with FF7R as a close second. Both are so different, with one being a faithful remake and the other being a reimagining in most ways.

teezzy

Banned
Slightly off topic, but game remakes being as prevalent and beloved as they are is neat to see. Sorta the exact opposite of how we view film remakes.

xrnzaaas

Resident Evil 2, Tony Hawk 1+2, Wipeout, Crash + Spyro... yeah this was a very good generation for the remakes.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
RE2 imo the greatest Remake ever made, even beating the one from part 1 on the Cube. The only thing that soured it for me was the lukewarm B-run with repeating boss fights and riddles. Such a shame... If they did that right it would have been the greatest game ever even.

Top Bottom