• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Details We Know So Far About Starfield

Hello fellow Bethesda and Starfield fans. I am excited for Starfield (even tho I kind of dislike Elder Scrolls and think its overrated) there is something magically about a brand new IP on a next-generation system from Bethesda Game studios. This is also Microsoft's 1st real big game and NOT cross-gen unlike Halo Infinite/Forza Horzion 5 are.

In terms of gameplay or a ton of info about Starfield, there is not a lot of it. However, June 12th is the big day for the Green Rats (including myself) where we will finally see Starfield in its full glory. But in the meantime, we've decided to make a video and have done some research to summarize some of the most interesting details about Starfield ahead of its reveal.

Here are 15 details we know so far about Starfield. I hope you guys enjoy the video and that some of the details are brand new too you. And no, the 11/11/22 release date is NOT one of the details lol.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
even tho I kind of dislike Elder Scrolls and think its overrated
aaron paul gtfo GIF

Starfield

Then share it, or stfu. You're sounding like a twitter "insider" that keeps teasing stuff. Everybody hates it, it's only fun for you.
you dont have to be an insider to know more than 15 things. also am not an insider lul

its nice to finally have confirmation of manual space flight though

Last edited:
Sooo, you didn't like Skyrim. Lost interest in Fallout after 1 game, and you're interested in Starfield because?
New IP.
Sci Fi.
1st Massive Game after MS Purchased Bethesda.
Next Gen Only.
Brand New Universe after 25 Years of Fallout/Elder Scrolls.

Is that enough for you or?

Last edited:
Has there been any information on alien races? Or is this going to be full of humans and nothing else?
I believe there is alien life on the planet. There is a faction that is created giant walls to keep the wildlife away from attacking the civilization. I forget which planet/faction this was a part of, but aliens do exist if I am not mistaken.

It would be very odd not to have alien life in a Sci Fi game.

Last edited:
I kinda wish they would have developed TES 6 first and after that Starfield. But what can you do, right?
I mean... they've been making Elder Scrolls games since 1984. You don't think they deserve a break from then IP? Lol. Can you imagine yourself sitting in an office working on same franchise 25 years or over? Come on now dude. Have some sympathy for the devs lol.

Last edited:
New IP.
Sci Fi.
1st Massive Game after MS Purchased Bethesda.
Next Gen Only.
Brand New Universe after 25 Years of Fallout/Elder Scrolls.

Is that enough for you or?
I just don't get excited for games that come from studios that I don't like. There's loads of new IPs all the time, and "next gen only" is kind of a pointless thing to be excited about. Godfall, anyone? New IP, Sci-fi, next gen only. Granted, Starfield should be better than Godfall, but still, it's going to be a Bethesda game, so you know what it will be.

Unless...

You don't believe in things Todd Howard says, do you? I hope not.

I mean... they've been making Elder Scrolls games since 1984. You don't think they deserve a break from then IP? Lol. Can you imagine yourself sitting in an office working on same franchise 25 years or over? Come on now dude. Have some sympathy for the devs lol.
They haven't launched an Elder Scrolls game since 2011. It's 2022, and they won't release a TES game until 2025-26 at the EARLIEST. ESO doesn't count, as that isn't a BGS game. Is 14 years not a big enough "break" from the franchise?

I just don't get excited for games that come from studios that I don't like. There's loads of new IPs all the time, and "next gen only" is kind of a pointless thing to be excited about. Godfall, anyone? New IP, Sci-fi, next gen only. Granted, Starfield should be better than Godfall, but still, it's going to be a Bethesda game, so you know what it will be.

Unless...

You don't believe in things Todd Howard says, do you? I hope not.
Are you seriously comparing a piss poor somewhat unknown indie studio to a new IP from a well known established RPG developer? I would go check in with a doctor. Godfall was not even utilizing new technology as far as engines go, as far as I am concered it ran on UE4 which is old tech and on top of that it was a launch title. True next-gen games do not come in until 2 or more years after new consoles. At this point, I made a good arguement on why it makes sense to be excited for something like Starfield and you are desperately arguing in bad faith and trying to sound smart, but instead you end up sounding like a silly goose no offense because you are grasping for straws.

I would strongly suggest you do some research on the game industry and how things work before you start spewing nonsense and make bad comparsions that just don't make any sense. You'll look less foolish that way otherwise no one will take you seriously.

Oh and if you do not get excited for a new IP from studios you do not like, then why are you in this thread? Is this you?

HgbqEPo.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Are you seriously comparing a piss poor somewhat unknown indie studio to a new IP from a well known established RPG developer? I would go check in with a doctor. Godfall was not even utilizing new technology as far as engines go, as far as I am concered it ran on UE4 which is old tech and on top of that it was a launch title. True next-gen games do not come in until 2 or more years after new consoles. At this point, I made a good arguement on why it makes sense to be excited for something like Starfield and you are desperately arguing in bad faith and trying to sound smart, but instead you end up sounding like a silly goose no offense because you are grasping for straws.

I would strongly suggest you do some research on the game industry and how things work before you start spewing nonsense and make bad comparsions that just don't make any sense. You'll look less foolish that way otherwise no one will take you seriously.

Oh and if you do not get excited for a new IP from studios you do not like, then why are you in this thread? Is this you?

HgbqEPo.jpg
Yeah, I really disagree with what I bolded above. Demon's Souls was "truly next gen" on Day 1 of PS5, and of course we have other games that have since launched that are "true" next gen titles.

HgbqEPo.jpg
Wow, way to over-extrapolate what I said to try to turn this into an argument. I was asking you a question, and pointing out that it's odd to be hyped for a game when you have no interest in a devs previous titles. Get mad about it though, I guess. You do you lol.

Also, we already have next gen only titles that were great, such as Returnal, so no, you don't need to "wait 2 years for next gen".

Also, if you can't respond to or understand my point without losing your temper, then maybe YOU need to seek a doctor out. Chill out.

Also, me being in a Starfield thread might make sense, since I never said that I don't like Elder Scrolls and "fell off" Fallout. I've actually played and platinumed the last 4 Fallout games (even 76), and Skyrim twice over, so it would actually make sense if I was interested in this game. You sound quite overly defensive about this. I also know plenty about games, and get more eyes on my reviews than you do, without shamelessly self-promoting my channel on gaf. So again, calm yourself down, champ.

Last edited:
Wow, way to over-extrapolate what I said to try to turn this into an argument. I was asking you a question, and pointing out that it's odd to be hyped for a game when you have no interest in a devs previous titles. Get mad about it though, I guess. You do you lol.

Also, we already have next gen only titles that were great, such as Returnal, so no, you don't need to "wait 2 years for next gen".

Also, if you can't respond to or understand my point without losing your temper, then maybe YOU need to seek a doctor out. Chill out.

Also, me being in a Starfield thread might make sense, since I never said that I don't like Elder Scrolls and "fell off" Fallout. I've actually played and platinumed the last 4 Fallout games (even 76), and Skyrim twice over, so it would actually make sense if I was interested in this game. You sound quite overly defensive about this. I also know plenty about games, and get more eyes on my reviews than you do, without shamelessly self-promoting my channel on gaf. So again, calm yourself down, champ.
Your not making any sense and if you think I am upset, the joke is on you. You literally just said you don't like the studio and now your saying you platinumed Skyrim twice along with the last 4 Fallout.

Also the bolded part, what do you even mean? What does getting more eyes on reviews than someone else does even mean and why are turning this discussion about me when it's about Starfield? What are you trying to prove here?

Dude if you gonna try to have a discussion with people then it might be a good idea to learn how to speak properly and make sense. Then again your name is Eradicator, you sure are good at Eradicating discussions. On the ignore list you go my friend, your not very good at trolling. Try harder next time.

Keep it up though homie and keep fighting the good fight. You are stronk and I believe in you and your better than i'll ever be daddy!. 💪 💪 💪

Last edited:
My thoughts on Starfield are summed up by this image:

iEciPgK.jpg

Take me to the stars, Todd. You’ve never let me down before (except one time my Morrowind save got corrupted).
Was Todd always a game director for the Elder Scrolls games since day 1? I'll be first to admit I never really looked the guy up.

Top Bottom