• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 Films to See in November (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
MBtS and Nocturnal Animals both look fantastic. Really looking forward to both.

Will also be seeing Strange, ofc.

Oooh, it's very close. They are both great. Do I have to choose? I'd say the themes Edge of Seventeen deals in with friendship (or lackthereof) is more relatable to both sexes whereas Teenage Girl felt very much from a female point-of-view and primarily about sexuality.

Cool to hear! Don't have to choose hehe.

Is Manchester by the Sea a limited release? I keep seeing previews for it before movies at Cineplex, but they don't show any showtimes for it on Thursday. I can't check Friday, but the theatre near me has early release viewings every Thursday and I'll be there for Edge of Seventeen.

I did the same for Arrival two days ago.

Arrival was excellent, agreed.

Doctor Strange was pretty good. The effects are great, but the movie is boring at times.

Edge of Seventeen, then hopefully Manchester by Sea, is next for me. I have three more free movie tickets to use. But I may end up going before Thursday, to see Hacksaw Ridge.

I don't want more Harry Potter, or think I've seen them all anyways, so I doubt I'll bother with Beasts. Enough is enough.

shira

Thought Strange was awful, Arrival excellent - I think I'm going to pass on Harry Potter Extended Univer$e

Is Manchester by the Sea a limited release? I keep seeing previews for it before movies at Cineplex, but they don't show any showtimes for it on Thursday. I can't check Friday, but the theatre near me has early release viewings every Thursday and I'll be there for Edge of Seventeen.

Smaller releases seem to show up somewhat late at Cineplex, despite having some early marketing. The Handmaiden only just recently showed up, and Moonlight and The Eagle Huntress are releasing near me this week.

Just assume anything in these threads will release a month later here in Canada.

edit: For what it's worth another small local theater says they're getting Manchester by the Sea November 25th, and my Cineplex tends tend to get movies a little earlier than them.

Smaller releases seem to show up somewhat late at Cineplex, despite having some early marketing. The Handmaiden only just recently showed up, and Moonlight and The Eagle Huntress are releasing near me this week.

Just assume anything in these threads will release a month later here in Canada.

edit: For what it's worth another small local theater says they're getting Manchester by the Sea November 25th, and my Cineplex tends tend to get movies a little earlier than them.

I don't think my theatres will get any of those movies, outside of maybe Manchester by the Sea. Maybe I'll have to drive 30 minutes to a neighbouring town, but I doubt I'll end up wanting to.

I don't think my theatres will get any of those movies, outside of maybe Manchester by the Sea. Maybe I'll have to drive 30 minutes to a neighbouring town, but I doubt I'll end up wanting to.

My specialty theaters are nowhere close to where I live, I'm just lucky that I spend a lot of time downtown for school. I don't mind going long distances for something as I find sitting on the public transit listening to a podcast to be incredibly relaxing.

Side note: The Handmaiden is incredible, definitely the most beautiful film I've seen all year. Really excited to finally be able to check out Moonlight this coming week.

Yes, it'll be quite small to start then expand to most theaters by mid-December.

My specialty theaters are nowhere close to where I live, I'm just lucky that I spend a lot of time downtown for school. I don't mind going long distances for something as I find sitting on the public transit listening to a podcast to be incredibly relaxing.

Side note: The Handmaiden is incredible, definitely the most beautiful film I've seen all year. Really excited to finally be able to check out Moonlight this coming week.

This isn't a specialty theatre, which is the strange thing. It's just an older Cineplex chain theatre.

The bigger one -- which seems to get fewer movies and focus more on the big ones, and AVX and all that shit -- is 15 minutes away. This one is 5.

Yes, it'll be quite small to start then expand to most theaters by mid-December.

Ah, okay. That sucks. I have three free movie tickets to use this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom