• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

19-year-old shot trying to sell PlayStation 5 in NW Harris County, deputies say

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A 19-year-old was meeting someone who expressed interest in buying a PlayStation 5 from him and ended up shot in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

Deputies said it happened Sunday at about 1:30 p.m. in the 8300 block of Gros Ventre Lane.

The 19-year-old man had listed his PS5 for sale online and then agreed to meet the suspect in person for the transaction.

That's when the suspect pulled out a gun and attempted to rob the man, according to deputies. The suspect got away without the gaming console.

The man was rushed to the hospital with a gunshot wound to his side and was in stable condition at last check.

Deputies did not release a suspect description.

Cyberpunkd

Someone that unhinged shouldn't be running around free.
Sure, let’s not talk about the other elegant in the room and just blame it on the crazies.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Urban

This is why i look into peoples backgrounds when selling shit. Plus insist on going to public area like a heavily trafficked store, a public library or, you know, a police station.

if they refuse to meet on those grounds, then thats enough of a red flag for me to avoid the transaction.
Is USA so dangerous that you literally have to be so cautious ? WTF

Damn straight. I know that you were just being inflammatory, and that question of yours is rhetorical. But if you're not careful, you could get shot just like that 19-year old. Thank goodness he still hadn't reached his 9th lives quota yet, and will live to play games for another day.

waquzy

That's what happens when nearly a billion guns (small arms only) are in civilian hands. Just now i read that a 15 year old went on a rampage and killed 3 people.
But it’s the greatest country in the world?!
yeah right

Last edited:

Braag

Selling shit always has risk involved. My friend tried to sell his iphone online and when he met with the guy who was buying, he got beaten and robbed, they broke his arm in the process.
That's why I always meet people I'm gonna sells stuff to in crowded places like a shopping mall or something.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fuck me ive sold a ton of stuff at my house, went to others houses, hell even called into a dodgy estate over here to buy Spiderman from a dope head who was great craic to talk to and zero issues hell i never even concern myself about it or think about it... but getting fucking shot over a console... and people want to immigrate there from the EU!? wtf like..

ANIMAL1975

I would do the same thing and im in Portugal that is considered one of the most safe countries in Europe. In fact, it was just a few months ago that my 18 year old son sold his phone _ i went with him, and we met with the buyer in the town center. Lol we literally met in front of the towns court, but that was just a coincidence because the café/bakery we use to hang out is the other side of the street.
Iu never too safe bro, always think ahead.

jigglet

Banned
Selling shit always has risk involved. My friend tried to sell his iphone online and when he met with the guy who was buying, he got beaten and robbed, they broke his arm in the process.
That's why I always meet people I'm gonna sells stuff to in crowded places like a shopping mall or something.

Or you just do the sensible thing and meet them in a bank.

I wish the shooter had gotten the PS5. Authorities could track it. I’ve seen CSI, they could find the serial number reflected off of a trailer hitch on a nearby vehicle. But in all seriousness, they could get the serial number and track it.

Shit like this is why I always demand buyers meet me in a police station parking lot. America.

anthony2690

Banned
Sony fans are crazy, they will even try kill deserters.
Which neogaf member attacked this poor guy?

silly post aside, I hope the victim is okay, honestly silly to try take someone's life over a $500 plastic box, and throw your own life away for that matter too, genuinely sad how low some people will go.

Top Bottom