• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

19-year-old shot trying to sell PlayStation 5 in NW Harris County, deputies say

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I wonder if the guy jumped back online when he got home to look for another console to steal/person to shoot. Maybe while eating a snack. Creepy.

I’ve sold two PS5s to complete strangers without issue. Just check their FB Profile, and agree to meet at the police station or something like that, easy as pie. But how ridiculous that in 2021, we attempt to kill people over PLASTIC AND SILICON.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’ve sold two PS5s to complete strangers without issue. Just check their FB Profile, and agree to meet at the police station or something like that, easy as pie. But how ridiculous that in 2021, we attempt to kill people over PLASTIC AND SILICON.
Have you been following the news? A lot places have gone to shit because of the crazies in government now and radical leftist propaganda turning law.

Have you been following the news? A lot places have gone to shit because of the crazies in government now and radical leftist propaganda turning law.

I do watch a lot of news, but I’m not seeing anything like that in my area, it’s actually rather chill, I travel a lot for work (I live in southwest Virginia). Maybe people here aren’t lunatics.

Gifmaker

Just wow. I was watching this video recently:

More relevant than ever. Apart from the fact that the video's owner is a huge idiot by doing this, just watch that KID at around 03:35 almost pulling a freaking gun on the guy over a PS5. People trying to rob this guy over a piece of plastic is just so bizarre to me. Like, how badly can you wanna play FIFA and CoD that you deem it okay to hurt or kill another person over it?

JPSLotus97T

Do you realize how many people were killed just yesterday (and every other day), by automobiles? Should we not allow cars in civilian hands either?

I didn't know that cars were an apt comparison to a device that was designed with the express intent of ending another person's life.

Absolutely horrible comparison you made by defaulting to the false equivalency logical fallacy.

daveonezero

Banned
I don’t know where Harris county is but this guy isn’t in California.

So was the guy starving and just robbing and causing harm?

mckmas8808

Banned

More relevant than ever. Apart from the fact that the video's owner is a huge idiot by doing this, just watch that KID at around 03:35 almost pulling a freaking gun on the guy over a PS5. People trying to rob this guy over a piece of plastic is just so bizarre to me. Like, how badly can you wanna play FIFA and CoD that you deem it okay to hurt or kill another person over it?

Yo this is a crazy video, but not surprising. You'd be insane to just walk down most streets with a non wrapped PS5 box like that. But you guys are either 12 years old or live in million dollar mansions if you think it's about "a piece of plastic". When people steal cars, do you say "why are they doing this bad stuff of a peice of steel?"

Alebrije

FIFA ,COD? No way......but they would do anything to play Knack

images

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I do watch a lot of news, but I’m not seeing anything like that in my area, it’s actually rather chill, I travel a lot for work (I live in southwest Virginia). Maybe people here aren’t lunatics.
whats in southwest virginia? lol Caverns? I live in Rochester NY.. this stuff has happened everyday since spring of 2020.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Is USA so dangerous that you literally have to be so cautious ? WTF
Just depends on where you live. Violent crime rarely happens where I live, maybe once every few years. I honestly live in one of the consistently best ranked places to live in the country but few people are even aware that it exists, lol.

America isn't as gross and violent as it's portrayed, honestly just depends on which places you visit. There's plenty of cities in America that I wouldn't step foot in. The best spots are usually in fly-over country. It's a huge country, there's much more to it than major cities and tourist attractions.

oldergamer

A life isn't worth trading for a Playstation 5. Fuck sakes! That poor kid and his family don't deserve this. It doesn't matter if he hasn't died from it. its besides the point!

Last edited:
whats in southwest virginia? lol Caverns? I live in Rochester NY.. this stuff has happened everyday since spring of 2020.

A lot, surprisingly. It’s basically where the three states meet. Rochester is a different animal all together. Population of around 200k? I’m right next to two large-ish cities with populations of 50-60K each, small potatoes sure, but large enough to have a variety of nonsense.

oldergamer

Just depends on where you live. Violent crime rarely happens where I live, maybe once every few years. I honestly live in one of the consistently best ranked places to live in the country but few people are even aware that it exists, lol.

America isn't as gross and violent as it's portrayed, honestly just depends on which places you visit. There's plenty of cities in America that I wouldn't step foot in. The best spots are usually in fly-over country. It's a huge country, there's much more to it than major cities and tourist attractions.
Dunno. I know many people that have been mugged in the USA, in broad daylight and busy streets. The problem is there are so many guns you don't know who will shoot you for something dumb.

What part of the USA do you live in?

GymWolf

Do we know if the shooter had green fur and A pair of long frontal teeth?!

Last edited:
Dunno. I know many people that have been mugged in the USA, in broad daylight and busy streets. The problem is there are so many guns you don't know who will shoot you for something dumb.

he clearly lives in fart town.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Are you seriously comparing accidents with intentional murders?

I mean, cars are also used in the commission of murders. Their point however was that there are more responsible gun owners than wackjobs willing to kill over a PS5.

fart town usa

Gold Member

Yea, people definitely get mugged on the regular in major cities and rust belt towns. Fly over country is where it's at. Lots of younger people are moving to smaller areas and are really injecting money into the local economy and creating unique vibes. I grew up in a somewhat urban area, mostly suburbs but still close to various larger cities. I moved to the middle of nowhere as an adult and wouldn't ever leave. With the ease of ordering stuff off of the internet, there really isn't much that a major city can provide me that I don't already have. We have the arts up here with a great university theater program, various museums, local bands, local breweries, division 1 hockey, etc. I also have access to some of the best trail networks and outdoor activities you can imagine. We don't have the elevation of mountain ranges but there's elevation all the same and some truly breathtaking scenery.

I can't tell you outright where I live but you can deduce it the clues below.

d1d18646baeb7f7653198b540a4a515d.jpg

I like how the officer kept referring to it as a “PSP”. That was probably the last console he owed……I wonder if he pirated any games on it. 🤔

That's what happens when nearly a billion guns (small arms only) are in civilian hands. Just now i read that a 15 year old went on a rampage and killed 3 people.

I don't excuse the US's love affair with firearms, but this assailant could have just as easily tried to rob him with a knife.

This happens in London all the time (where I used to live). The issue here is that a knobhead psycho was willing to try and kill someone over a plastic toy.

I mean, cars are also used in the commission of murders. Their point however was that there are more responsible gun owners than wackjobs willing to kill over a PS5.
Yeah, but i doubt cars were used for 15.000 murders, because that's the amount of people who died from firearm homicide in the USA in 2019. Of course the majority of owners is responsible, but legal guns in general make it much more easy and tempting for possible amok runners. In most european countries it's super hard to get a gun, if you want to run amok you have to use a knife or something like that.

I mean look at this, nearly everbody on that list used guns, because it's so easy to get them and i'm a 100% sure many of those would have much less victims or wouldn't even have happened without guns or :

I will never change my mind on that: Civilians shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Come on man, meeting up with a stranger from the internet in order to exchange cash for some ultra high-demand item is risky. Doesn’t matter what country it is.

people trying to say this is a USA problem or a “gun culture” problem or an “urban” problem are full of shit. I would only consider making such an exchange at a police station, no matter what part of the world you’re talking about.

MacReady13

This is utter bullshit. Over a fucking console! Crazy. I got a phone call yesterday to go to my local EB games store to pick up my pre ordered PS5 for my kids for xmas. The guy behind the counter asked if I wanted a bag to hide the fact I have a PS5, and he gave me a black rubbish bag to put it in! You can never be too careful with the idiots wanting something so highly sought after during the xmas period sadly.

Do you realize how many people were killed just yesterday (and every other day), by automobiles? Should we not allow cars in civilian hands either?
Personally I think licensing standards for operating automobiles should be far stricter. I'd say at minimum 10% of licensed drivers at least around here should just never be allowed behind the wheel again. The culture is basically "well everybody needs to drive" so it's a free for all. Maybe self-driving cars will allow for a culture where driving is an actual skill that you need to be competent at if you don't want the AI in charge.
Do any of you oldies here remember back when Nike Airs and Rebok Pumps first came out, how many kids were killed over them?
Was it zero? It felt like zero, or maybe I was just looking for trouble with my Reeboks and LA Gears.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Crazy shit like this happens everytime Sony releases a new system so yeah.
Maybe you have another theory why he did it? Lets hear it.

I think they did it for the money. It could have been a new pair of $400 shoes, an exclusive $2000 purse, etc. Plus.........nobody buys a console for the fact that the box is plastic. The important stuff are the electronic chips in the inside, so I'm not sure why yall keep throwing around the "plastic box" phrase.

Ionian

Fuck me ive sold a ton of stuff at my house, went to others houses, hell even called into a dodgy estate over here to buy Spiderman from a dope head who was great craic to talk to and zero issues hell i never even concern myself about it or think about it... but getting fucking shot over a console... and people want to immigrate there from the EU!? wtf like..

Bought a Megadrive on the 77A route, roughest part of town in Dublin. They had to keep shutting down the service as the buses were continually smashed with bricks.

Think of an estate where people walked horses. I was fine, got a great deal too as nobody would go there. Think I sold it off. Then you have the 49 to Tallaght, some kid randomly walked up and punched me in the head. I was pretty confused by that. I think he was too as I just shook it off and went into the shop like nothing had happened.

The expression of the brother of my girlfriend was brilliant. That shit was standard for the area.

Mistake

Gun debate over selling things is dumb. You could get jacked by several guys or stabbed just as easily. Don’t be stupid and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
My son and his friend buy and resell all kinds of crap and there are people on Snapchat groups that pay no questions asked these crazy prices.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Taking advantage of a deal isn’t new, as a guy who has a reputation in Craigslist, local deals we meet on the road knocking away any sketch, public places like grocery stores or police stations do a great job for Craigslist, local sales.

Batiman

Banned
Just
So things just went to shit now? These issues didn’t happen before? Alright….

Top Bottom