• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st GTA:SA tracks revealed screens also.

neptunes

Source: PLAY magazine UK

Pop
Salt'n'Pepa - Push it
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Inner Circle - Bad Boys
KLF - 3am Eternal
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Rock
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
Poison - Every rose has it's Thorn
Guns'n'Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Smashing Pumpkins - Today

Rap
NWA - Fuck Tha Police / 100 Miles And Runnnin'
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin N'Juice / Ain't no Fun
Warren G - Regulate
Fugees - Killing me Softly
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Public Enemy - Rebel without a Pause

Indie
The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
Happy Mondays - Step On
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Radiohead - Creep

bogg

NO! That's a lie! the game will only have gangta' rap!
Damn you took the pic down, mind pm'ing me a link? Thanks.

Pop
Inner Circle - Bad Boys

Rock

Rap

Indie
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
eek_cat.gif

Solid

Salt'n'Pepa - Push it
Inner Circle - Bad Boys
I have those in GTA3/Vice City :)

Dunno about the rest, but I'm sure they'll play fine. I fully trust R* when it comes to choosing music. Both GTA3 and VC has superb soundtracks.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Where are all the assholes who claimed San Andreas would be brought down by a rap-centric soundtrack?

Hey assholes! Where are youuuuuu

Deepthroat said:
I have those in GTA3/Vice City :)

Dunno about the rest, but I'm sure they'll play fine. I fully trust R* when it comes to choosing music. Both GTA3 and VC has superb soundtracks.

Awsome, and so do I, but technicaly speaking they didn't choose GTA3's tracks...

And there were screens? Where can I see there?

~Black Deatha

neptunes

bishoptl said:
Where are all the assholes who claimed San Andreas would be brought down by a rap-centric soundtrack?

yeah man!

I really hope they add HDD mp3/music support!

Redbeard

Banned
New info:

-- While targetting an opponent, the camera will move to just above CJ's right shoulder, giving the player a better view of the action. Holding the target button longer will aim towards the opponent's head.
-- Draw distances are confirmed as being 2x higher than Vice City in the urban areas and 4x higher in the rural areas.
-- Streets are now much more full, with the feeling of 'emptiness' from Vice City now completely gone. There will be an endless stream of other cars for CJ to steal.
-- Two small towns in the rural areas have been named as Angel Pine and Dillamore
-- The legendary mountain has been named as Mount Chiliaid, and is over half a mile tall. Rivers, beaten tracks and cliff top roads criss cross what can be described as the largest object in any Grand Theft Auto game, ever.
-- A female character from a previous game will return, lodging in a forest cabin which CJ will come to use as a hideout.
-- One mission involves Carl and his unnamed female accomplice travelling to Dillamore gas station, attempting to rob the office, but being hampered by the bullet proof glass recently installed by the owner. Instead, Carl and friend steal the fuel tanker which is sitting outside. One twist - the fuel tank trailer isn't connected to the front, so Carl must connect the two. Once an escape has been made, players must take care not to jack-knife the vehicle on the treacherous rural roads, all the while being chased by the owners of the gas station in their cars.
Vehicles
-- Combine Harvesters will be included, and are likely able to be player controlled.
-- Mobile Hot Dog Vans will be present, but as yet no missions involving sales are confirmed.
-- The police helicopter will include a spotlight which can be shot out.
-- Updated versions of the Walton, Voodoo, Sabre, Sanchez, Patriot & Linerunner (with or without trailer) will be present.
-- A 4x4 vehicle (four wheel drive) will be incorporated in the rural areas, allowing players to traverse the bumpy terrain with ease.
-- For the ultimate driver, a monster truck will allow for the crossing of extremely difficult ridges, bumps and even shallow rivers.

hobbitx

This is just a basic preview list right? I damn sure know they better have the song from Menace to Society they played when Cain was cooking up that dope in the game.

*reveals more sensitive side*

pop should also have that "you gotta be" song too.

*edit* that list is either fake or just incomplete, SA is supposed to have three times as much licensed music as VC.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
KLF's 3AM Eternal is a perfect selection. :D

That "Unbelievable" song or some Jesus Jones would also be welcome.
fart said:
WHAT, NO KID N PLAY????
I've already contacted Rockstar PR about this glaring oversight.

bishoptl said:

I'M RIGHT HERE, SUCKA!!

THIS TRACKLISTING IS FAKE, DAMMIT!!

teepo

Massive Attack - Unfinished SympathyMassive Attack - Unfinished SympathyMassive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!@*((#U*!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now that i think of it, be thankful for what ya got would eb aperfect song for this game!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
"It aint no fuuuuuun, If my homies can't haee-avve none"

I still think they should include Eazy-E's "Automobile"

evil ways

Don't know where you got the info about the music, cause it hasn't been posted in any website. Unless you just copy & pasted from Opa-Age.

In other words, it's fake.

Ninja Scooter said:
REGULATOOOOOOOOOOOORS! MOUNT UP! That soundtrack kicks some serious ass...though its sadly devoid of Vedder. :(

You just never know... I'm looking forward to doing drive bys to Bittersweet Symphony myself.

It needs California Love in the worst way... And some Tribe Called Quest

Gattsu25

Banned
has the list been confirmed?

if it has, then this game WILL have the best soundtrack of the DECADEAR!

those screens are great, as well :eek:

Kuroyume

Banned
WEAK compared to the 80s Rock AND RAP tunes but not bad as I thought... I want some Megadeth, Fugees, etc on there

Edit: Funny that I said Fugees... how did I miss that? ;p

Good songs. I can't wait until I play this game. I just hope that it will be better than VC.

Guns'n'Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine

Best band ever!!! I just wish they picked a different song, like Welcome to the Jungle or I Used to Love Her.

neptunes

While targetting an opponent, the camera will move to just above CJ's right shoulder, giving the player a better view of the action. Holding the target button longer will aim towards the opponent's head.

sam fisher?

Wow! That's a bitchin sample of the OST! While I expect this to be the better part of it, this is great! MASSIVE ATTACK! RADIOHEAD (that made me chuckle tho! I CANT WAIT TO RIDE IN DA HOOD LISTENING TO CREEP!)

golem

wow.. it really does look like they modeled all of california for the new gta.. the play area must be huge

Bob White

How? Wouldn't there be some problem with snoop in the soundtrack because he's in true crime?

and.........

HOLY CRAP, RADIOHEAD IN A GTA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

next..............THE SUGARCUBES!

Gattsu25

Banned
that's what I believe it is, Bob
Rap
Warren G - Regulate
Fugees - Killing me Softly
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Public Enemy - Rebel without a Pause