• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 Minutes of D&D Dark Alliance Gameplay

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out gameplay of all four playable characters in D&D: Dark Alliance - Drizzt Do'urden, Cattie Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor Battlehammer - in this full mission from the opening act of Dark Alliance.

New Dark Alliance gameplay shows off a full mission in Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance, the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2. This D&D Dark Alliance trailer shows off all the Dark Alliance classes fighting monsters in Dark Alliance PS4 PS5 Xbox and PC gameplay. The action RPG (ARPG) isn't a direct sequel to Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, so it isn't Dark Alliance 3. This DnD game lets you play as Drizzt and his companions in a new dnd dark alliance adventure. We've got plenty of dark alliance gameplay reactions and trailer reactions, too.

Sygma

few things bothering me, namely the absence of team UI in order to show your mates health and also a way to see how long are the buffs from your allies lasting on you. Also coop games not having non stop chatter between the heroes à la Vermintide feels weird nowadays

Otherwise it looks like some dumb AA fun with a lot of soul so I'll be there day one, the few videos they made about the combat were interesting to me because its not really one of these super spammy games where you just have cooldowns to toy with : stamina management, light / launch / heavy / aoe / range attack and special abilities are all here + the usual peculiar abilities from one hero to another and loot so ... yeah

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
It just looks...boring to me. Plus the person playing seemed bad. Would maybe play with friends if it was really cheap, but otherwise I'll be skipping this.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Finally.

Whoever they had playing did a really poor job. Playing Drizzt as ranged? Cattie as melee? Wulfgar was - I don't even know what they were doing there. And if anyone is wondering, the devs did say one can disable that crazy screen shake. I am not sure why they included it in the first place.

It's looking good, but if they were smart they'd delete that video, get someone who's played a video game before to re-record it to actually highlight the characters, and disable that god awful screen shake.

Last edited:

nerdface

Banned
The first one wasn’t that good either. PS2 fans were jealous of bump mapping, and clung to this as close enough. The watur!

Seriously, it’s a terrible videogame.

Last edited:

Tsukumo

I'm liking the vibe of the story.
Graphics wise, i see a lot of frame-rate problems.
The fighting looked better in the gameplay trailer than here, but looks still promising.
Hopefully it won't be GAASed by the devs.

Kimahri

Banned
I'd rather have war in the North getting the xbox bc 4k treatment. That game was damn good fun.

This looks like it could be fun, but it doesn't look like a Dark Alliance game. They could call it anything, wonder what the reasoning is behind slapping on an old name associated with top down fun.

kadab

That Camera shake!

_QlR7Z.gif

martino

is it me or there is a strange latency on most impact ?
this doesn't move well too
i'm out for now.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dark Alliance brings the world of D&D to life with its own unique art style. Learn more about the challenges Tuque went through to defend their art direction and how they created the game's mnosters.

Available Everywhere June 22.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
A dev stream will be going up tomorrow on their YouTube channel - hopefully it's a much better showing than what we've seen so far.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I dunno, I keep going back and forth on whether I like what I'm seeing or not. Loved the original 2 Dark Alliance games and played the hell out of them co-op. This..Kinda looks like it'll scratch that itch, but it seems like it's just not quite right. I hope it turns out well though.

Doesn't feel like D&D at all. Maybe chill out with the super hero Kung Fu and god's-machine-gun weapons. "OMG I'm firing an arrow , now light up the room and summon the angels make the ground tremor because I am special!!!"

Last edited:

Holammer

I mean, I have a much better impression of the game now than I got from the previous godawful bottom tier trailers. But I'm still disappointed.
I'm more excited about (googles name...) 'Granblue Fantasy ReLink' which Platinum worked on and I don't know anything about that series. From what they've shown of that, it seems to flow much better and looks more kinetic.

Freak

Im getting War in the North vibes from it, I hope theres a setting to turn down the screen shake though. All in all has me more interested than the initial launch vids did (man they were just terrible).

mitch1971

Janky combat and animations, laggy hits, and my god, that screen shaking. Fix that, and I'm in.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
The environment looks great and unique but this looks like any other fantasy game that comes out. I'll still try it out though.

Last edited:
I liked what i saw of this for the most part, but probably wasnt going to buy it since i knew i couldnt convince my friends to get it. now that it's coming to game pass on launch i'm def going to play it! also, i hope they let us turn camera shake off lol.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Check out gameplay of all four playable characters in D&D: Dark Alliance - Drizzt Do'urden, Cattie Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor Battlehammer - in this full mission from the opening act of Dark Alliance.

New Dark Alliance gameplay shows off a full mission in Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance, the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2. This D&D Dark Alliance trailer shows off all the Dark Alliance classes fighting monsters in Dark Alliance PS4 PS5 Xbox and PC gameplay. The action RPG (ARPG) isn't a direct sequel to Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, so it isn't Dark Alliance 3. This DnD game lets you play as Drizzt and his companions in a new dnd dark alliance adventure. We've got plenty of dark alliance gameplay reactions and trailer reactions, too.

Graphics are the only "good" things in here.

Vae_Victis

Banned
This looks like what would come out if you asked Spiders to develop a third-person Vermintide clone. So basically, a game with bad clunky combat that also happens to be 90% combat.

Why? Who is this for?

Last edited:
Top Bottom