• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015/2016 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Real Madrid vs Atletico de Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
it's just such a rubbish madrid team compared to ancelotti's just a couple years ago. that one was perfectly balanced, with beautiful counters. the annihilation of bayern on road to the final too. a great, very worthy winner. best of the best.

this is just kinda how you can ride your luck to a trophy in knockout football.
Did you watch Chelsea four years ago?

Both teams did well enough to win. In the first half, Madrid had athletico, it was the opposite in the second half, by extra time, both teams got fatigued. I think most wanted athletico to win due to underdog status but Madrid deserved their win.

This is the most correct thing I've read, ever.

HALA MADRID

MrS

Banned
It's impossible to not love Zizou. What a man he is.
Serious question. Has Zidane done a Di Matteo or is he the second coming of Miguel Muñoz?
Sadly he's another Di Matteo. Perez is too stupid to realise when he's on to a good thing.

I could rant for hours on how Real Madrid and Barcelona are terrible organizations with their monopoly TV deals, behind the curtains child recruiting, tax evasion and shady government funding, but I won't.

Ansatz

but Kroos is shit, the Bayern experts told me so

Kroos is a machine but he doesn't have the edge a player like Xavi, Modric or Vidal have. He's not on that level.

germany would have been fucked if it wasn't for Bastian's amazing performance in the wc final, kroos had to drop back because of khedira + kramer injuries and even gave higuain a 1v1 with neuer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I could rant for hours on how Real Madrid and Barcelona are terrible organizations with their monopoly TV deals, behind the curtains child recruiting, tax evasion and shady government funding, but I won't.

Okay so I know about the first one and the last two but what's this behind the curtains child recruiting business?

gerudoman

Zidane's first season in Madrid as a player -> Novena
Zidane's first season as Madrid's assistant coach -> Décima
Zidane's first season as Madrid's coach -> Undécima

holysan

Ronaldo may have been shit tonight, but they wouldn't be there without him, so his celebration is alright and well deserved.

TV deals are sold together
Every team in the world does child recruiting
And I could go on, but I won't.

faridmon

Sad for Atleti. They do choke on the big occasion it seems. Got too long to actually compete with Real and didn't take their chances when mattered.

I suppose I have to say Congrats to Real Madrid. I am happy for Bale and Modric at most. Those are classy people!

Oh and Zidane.

Bayern fans are the worst in judging a player. They have too good of a squad and their rating of players are just arbitrary.

Apparently :p Kroos is just a player everyone wants in their team. His statistics are probably crazy for tonight's game. How many passes did he miss?

Ansatz

Bayern fans are the worst in judging a player. They have too good of a squad and their rating of players are just arbitrary.

Thiago's development has halted, I think it's safe to say Götze is not the next Messi and Thiago is not the next Xavi.

Fuck them both, I wish Bayern kept Kroos but he didn't fit in Pep's ultimate plans and he demanded too much. Pep's tactics depended on Alonso which is a huge mistake because of his age.

At least there is Vidal now, but at least one of Robben and Ribery need to be replaced with world class players for a guaranteed CL win, is there any available though?

Doc_Drop

Thiago's development has halted, I think it's safe to say Götze is not the next Messi and Thiago is not the next Xavi.

Fuck them both, I wish Bayern kept Kroos but he didn't fit in Pep's ultimate plans and he demanded too much. Pep's tactics depended on Alonso which is a huge mistake because of his age.

At least there is Vidal now, but at least one of Robben and Ribery need to be replaced with world class players for a guaranteed CL win, is there any available though?

I suspect there are a few EPL wingers who could be tempted but Bayern would have to be patient with them. Other than that James Rodriguez seems underutilised at Real

Portugeezer

He really played well, I think he surprised everyone this season.
(But I still hope for Pogba next season. ;) )

I am surprised he didn't do many shit passes, because booooy his passing was terrible when he was on loan at Porto. His defence was great though, I call him the UFC fighter in midfield.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I suspect there are a few EPL wingers who could be tempted but Bayern would have to be patient with them. Other than that James Rodriguez seems underutilised at Real

With Zidane staying at Real I can see James willing to move this summer and Ancelotti might have the best shot with that.

You don't need him, Casemiro was excellent

I know, but Modric is very very injury prone and I'm just such a big fan of Pogba. He could play for Real for 10+ years and is already ridiculously good.
He's the type of player you don't see that often and you could sell James to get money for him. (And i'm saying that as a fan of James, but I think Pogba has way more potential and fits more in Madrid.)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I do think the CL should be pretty turbulent next year. I mean, Real Madrid are a reasonably aging team and were showing creaks on the way to the title this year, and as a rule of thumb most of the historical European bigdogs have been underperforming in their domestic leagues relative to expectations.

Doc_Drop

I do think the CL should be pretty turbulent next year. I mean, Real Madrid are a reasonably aging team and were showing creaks on the way to the title this year, and as a rule of thumb most of the historical European bigdogs have been underperforming in their domestic leagues relative to expectations.

And of course Leicester City....

ActWan

I think Real deserved it the most. They played better than Atletico, expect for min 50 to 70. And they kept on going and trying the whole game with great attitude and character.
Clattenburg was great! I just love this referee. Only mistake is probably not yellowing Pepe for the penalty...other than that, great great game. Killed me with the looks on Pepe after he rolled on the ground.
I don't think that the first goal should've been disqualified, because I don't think Ramos touched the ball...
Now for some highlights on the players:
Griezmann wasted way too many opportunities in Atletico's good minutes. Shot poorly from unconventional chances, and the penalty miss...I think the pressure got to him.
Carrasco was great. Very good dribbling and actually tried to do something until the end of the game unlike the other Atletico players...
Gabi surprised me. Played really well with some good tackles and passes.
Ronaldo was nowhere to be seen. Played bad...also Benzema. Bale was the best player in Real.
The whole midfield played really good and Marcelo too. Ramos and Pepe are quite insane but they managed to hold a pretty steady line. Danilo was shit.

Fucking Ronaldo. PLays an absolute shit game, takes the decisive penalty, acts like he's won it all on his own. Fuck him.

But he only ripped his shirt and let out all the adrenaline...? He did no 'calma calma' or 'i'm here' like he's done before.... Guy just yelled and took off his shirt like, you know, HUNDREDS of players do...

But since it's Ronaldo it's arrogant to do that. Other players get a pass. Yay!

And Ronaldo didn't have a shit game. He simply didn't play, he wasn't there. There's a difference here. When Ronaldo plays shit (most of the time, of course), it's because the ball doesn't get to him. When Madrid are creating chances and you get the ball to him, most of the time he's gonna do well. Madrid went full blown defensive like it was already 85 minutes after 1-0, like they many times did with Benitez. There was absolutely no intent of going for a 2-0 EVEN on counters. I was furious and I knew it'd bite them back and it did. The midfield played slowly and the flow to the top 3 man was cut. I've seen this Madrid tactic before and it's not the upper 3's fault in my very humble opinion. Benzema didn't appear either, and Bale barely so. What happens on these occasions too on a more personal perspective is that there's a very defined setup that's been around for long in RM. There's 3 forwards, The BBC, and with the 3 playing there's a clear cut indication to them that Bale is the one of the 3 that's supposed to drop down more into defense when Madrid do not have the ball, thus helping out defense more and being further Ronaldo and Benzema behind when Madrid is starting an attack, making him a bit more involved in the build up play than both Benzema and Ronaldo. Benzema plays the medium position, sitting between Ronaldo and Bale on the pitch's length when Madrid don't have possession. Ronaldo is instructed to sit the highest on the pitch, as he has always been strong in counter attacks and is the deadliest of the 3. This means he does not participate much in build up play, which is a deliberate decision by the coaches.

So, Ronaldo is very dependent on receiving balls around or inside the area from his team. The midfield is very important overall for this. Ronaldo can drop deeper than he does and participate in build up play as seen specially when he was at MU, but it doesn't happen right now.

In games where Madrid plays like this the same always happens. The top 3 disappear from the game and Ronaldo gets cut off the most from the plays. It's a waste IMO and RM for me had to look for the 2nd goal and they didn't even try. The top 3 can do wonders if you get the ball to them. 100 goals per season says a lot about them. They're very good at what they do, like the MSN.

And for the record, even by my opinion and definition, I've seen Ronaldo play like shit (Portugal - Denmark 3-2 Euro 2012 just to throw one example).

Tubie

Mrleqzi.png

I can't believe Milan is the closest one with 7.

I don't think there's any fear of Milan catching up anytime soon tho lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom