• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

Oh my god this week break has taken so damn long!!

GAMEWEEK 1 PREDICTIONS! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

I'll highlight my picks! And give score difference prediction)

DAL - TB (1x TD)
JAX - HOU (2x TD)
LAC - WhhhFT (1x FG)
SEA - IND (3x TD)
NYJ - CAR (1x XP)
MIN - CIN (1x pTD)
ARI - TEN (1x rTD)
SF - DET (2x TD)
PIT - BUF (1x rTD)
PHI - ATL (1x FG)
CLE - KC (2x TD)
GB - NO (2x TD)
DEN - NYG (1x rTD)
MIA - NE (2x rTD)
CHI - LA (1x TD)

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes EverydayBeast EverydayBeast et al...

Ron Burgundy Battle GIF

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I
Oh my god this week break has taken so damn long!!

GAMEWEEK 1 PREDICTIONS! GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!

I'll highlight my picks! And give score difference prediction)

DAL - TB (1x TD)
JAX - HOU (2x TD)
LAC - WhhhFT (1x FG)
SEA - IND (3x TD)
NYJ - CAR (1x XP)
MIN - CIN (1x pTD)
ARI - TEN (1x rTD)
SF - DET (2x TD)
PIT - BUF (1x rTD)
PHI - ATL (1x FG)
CLE - KC (2x TD)
GB - NO (2x TD)
DEN - NYG (1x rTD)
MIA - NE (2x rTD)
CHI - LA (1x TD)

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes EverydayBeast EverydayBeast et al...

Ron Burgundy Battle GIF
I can't do scores, but I have predictions.

TB over Dallas. Brady makes a drive for the win in the 4th.

Jax over Hou. Lawrence throws 3 TDs.

Chargers over FT. Ekeler catches 2 TDs.

Seattle over Indy. Wins by a fields goal.

Jets over Carolina. Zach Wilson shows up Darnold, but Darnold does well.

Cincinnati over Minnesota. I just don't have faith in Cousins.

Tennessee over Arizona. Tannehill throws 3 TDs. 2 are to Julio.

Detroit over the Niners. One of only 4 wins the Lion get this season. Jimmy G throws 2 picks.

Pitt over Buffalo. Najee Harris has a 100yd game. Stefon Digg's has a key drop.

Philadelphia over Atlanta. Hurts has a good game and Devonte Smith catches his first TD.

KC over the Browns. But it's a closer game than anyone expects.

Green Bay over Saints. Rodgers ascends to godhood and takes out his off season anger on the poor Saints defense.

Denver over Giants. Bridgewater has an okay game with 2 TDs. Daniel Jones gets a rushing TD, but has a fumble in the 4th.

Pats over Lolphins. Both of the NE TEs get touchdowns.

LA over Chicago. Stafford learns what it's like to be on a good team and throws 3 TDs.

I would love for the game tonight to be a blow out in either direction though. Either Brady would get smacked or the cowboys would. Either way america wins.

Edit: Before anyone asks about the oddly specific predictions my buddies and I do a "Nostradamus Pool" every week. We each kick in $5 and make a prediction about each game. Whoever gets the most right gets the money. So I just transferred my predictions over to here for the shits and giggles.

Last edited:

manfestival

I vote the Buccaneers every year. It does not matter if it was Jameis or being Tom at the helm. Always cheer for my team.

Hate cowboys and always want the bucs to win but they rarely ever beat the cowboys even on the cowboys bad years. Very frustrating but here is to hoping that we can run it back by starting with a thrashing of the cowboys.

Last edited:
TB over Dallas. Brady Slays. Dak is rusty.

Jax over Hou. because Houston.

WFT over Chargers. Defense going to win this and keep it low scoring.

Seattle over Indy. will be close but wilson will get the W

Carolina over Jets. Wilson might be better than darnold, but darnold is surrounded by more talent. (fan pick XD)

Cincinnati ??? Minnesota. Toss up for me. Cin's OLine is still garbo, Vikings on the road though...:messenger_grimmacing_

Tennessee over Arizona. Ten just feels like they have their shit together more in all aspects. anticipating a derrick henry significant injury though this season....

Niners over Det. because...DETROIT.

Buffalo over Pitt. will be close imo, could go either way, but the arrow favors Bills.

Philadelphia over Atlanta. Atlanta's a mess imo.

KC over the Browns. KC gonna runaway with it, sorry Baker.

Green Bay over Saints. Winston just can't keep up with Rodgers. He'll try, but picks will do them in.

Denver over Giants. I could see this being the biggest upset of the week, with giants taking it. Still gonna lean into Denver though.

Pats over Finz. Because Pats always have their number.

LA over Chicago. Stafford lets loose with his new weapons. He's already used to not have a run game to rely on. team is A-OK.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Bill's are getting waaaaay too much disrespect in here.

If you divide Josh Allen's career up in 6 (8 game) sections he's improved every section.

No significant off season losses personel wise.

AJ Epinesa, Gregory Rousseau, and Star Lotulelei should all contribute to an improved D line this year.

Game is in Buffalo.

Hope none of you got money on Pittsburgh.

Hulk_Smash

Banned

If you divide Josh Allen's career up in 6 (8 game) sections he's improved every section.

AJ Epinesa, Gregory Rousseau, and Star Lotulelei should all contribute to an improved D line this year.

Game is in Buffalo.

He better be good this week. I caught him in my fantasy draft.

Tschumi

alive GIF

Game is in Buffalo.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: love it

I'm not really going against Allen with my pick, I'm more backing Tomlin, i rate that guy so highly.. and Watt has been preparing to sniff Allen's panties all fortnight... I deem.. also yeah i think the Steelers' run game will fire Nobody_Important Nobody_Important knows what's up. I just think Tomlin could out-chess McDermott.

I think the Bills will do very good this season, but there're always a couple of unexpected results in week 1 and i think Dallas and the Steelers are chances to upset the preseason narrative..

I'm going to put a bento box emoji or something in the OP for every Allen passing TD, in your honour. 🍱

---

Totally wild that the Browns have to face the Chiefs in week 1, a real clash of teams in varyingly legit but very different places.

ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion I also think that we overlook McCaffrey at our own peril, and Zach Wilson does not a complete team make, CAR definitely a chance. I think my Justin Jefferson is going to eviscerate CIN!

I vote the Buccaneers every year. It does not matter if it was Jameis or being Tom at the helm. Always cheer for my team.

Hate cowboys and always want the bucs to win but they rarely ever beat the cowboys even on the cowboys bad years. Very frustrating but here is to hoping that we can run it back by starting with a thrashing of the cowboys.
⭐ I'll put one of these stars in the OP every time you think they have earned one

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Every year I tell myself I’m gonna follow the season but I always give up. Maybe this time??
Yeah but this season will be different. It will be better. It will not be as predictable and boring as last season.

200w.gif

Tschumi

murphy-bunting [sic] feels bad man first game of the season and a freak injury

antonio brown a free agent in my league might have to snap him up...

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

murphy-bunting [sic] feels bad man first game of the season and a freak injury

antonio brown a free agent in my league might have to snap him up...
Yeah that arm replay had me squirming in my seat. That shit was gross.

Nobody_Important

Tschumi

Imagine this is the way that Bell gets back into the league and gets another pay day lol
ikr...

last year at the jets he was such a nonentity lol

---

'taunting' call man i dunno :/

Zeke on the sideline looked like he was totally preoccupied with holding onto the ball lol

---

my man godwin totally justifying my picking him up

Last edited:
Zeke needs to wake up! Thankfully Lamb and Gronk are supplying my fantasy team with a healthy lead, the guy I'm playing against has no one playing today. I'm so happy football is back! Go Dolphins!!!

Nobody_Important

I step away for 20mins to take a call and I come back to chaos. What the hell happened?

well. i had the where-with-all to take Antonio Brown when seemingly nobody in my draft was gonna touch him.

but my draft ended 1 minute after the game started. So i didn't have time to set my line-up...so i couldn't start him

Top Bottom