• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

espn adverts are so annoying, i don't wanna hear that fuckin 'no friends in the industry' song again for the rest of my life but it'll be rolling 'all season long' along with all the other tunes lol fml

Tschumi

People who didn't learn their lesson about Zeke after last season

Animated GIF

bender

What time is it?
This is all coming down to GregTheLeg. *gulp*

Zeke has had a good job picking up blitzes. I don't think he'll ever be the same again but no ZM and against that defensive front, I'll give him a pass.

Last edited:

manfestival

That sure was stressful but I am just glad that the bucs finally beat these cowboys. Rough being a hater when my team never beats the teams that I hate lol

TheGrat1

Brady tanking his completion percentage at the end. I can guarantee somebody had money on that in his punching their TV screen right now.

manfestival

Another year another game where the refs literally fuck us out of a win. Of course it has to happen against Brady in a game where he had no business winning.
considering how bad the bucs were trying to give you the game and yet the cowboys still couldnt finish

KrakenIPA

Awesome game (I had to listen on the radio :-( haha) but Brady can do anything with that much time on the clock at the end. Dak impressed me, Dallas needs to pay the man. Great opener, glad to have the NFL back!

bender

What time is it?
Awesome game (I had to listen on the radio :-( haha) but Brady can do anything with that much time on the clock at the end. Dak impressed me, Dallas needs to pay the man. Great opener, glad to have the NFL back!

Dak is making like 75m this season.

Tschumi

Thoughts on DAL vs TB:

That was a pretty great game! Grats for TB fans, i'm a fan of neither team, but I was going for the underdog coming off an injury so seeing Dak get so close was good... reflects pretty poorly on Brady that he only won because the Cowboys' kicker had an entirely improbable night, perhaps?

Going forward, yeah Dak looks the goods - I think I remember last year they went from the 5th'ish ranked offense to being in the 20s on all counts after her got injured, and their D looked pretty Dcent tonight... So yeah, good season ahead for them Cowboys, I think!

ps. Re: my comments on Zeke, I'm really just taking out my butthurt over him being a flopping undroppable for me in fantasy last year :p I'll stop teasing and reserve judgement until we've got a bigger sample size.

manfestival manfestival that win good enough for you? I'll put a gold star in the OP if it is :p

Last edited:
Any of you guys do Fanduel or Draftkings? I won $8 on Fanduel yesterday, they gave me a free voucher and I made some good picks. I usually suck with my picks though, maybe this year I can make some money.

manfestival

manfestival manfestival that win good enough for you? I'll put a gold star in the OP if it is :p
I still don't get what you are trying to convey here. Please explain

Also how about that Brady trying to channel his inner Mahommes on that pass to fournette? Shame that Godwin ruined such a good drive

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
ps. Re: my comments on Zeke, I'm really just taking out my butthurt over him being a flopping undroppable for me in fantasy last year :p I'll stop teasing and reserve judgement until we've got a bigger sample size.

Zeke is going to get roasted but the Cowboys just used dump off passes on the sidelines last night instead of the running game. He had no chance to run the ball. He was really good at picking up protections. Paying Zeke was a mistake by the Cowboys (Pollard is a better runner these days) but I'd say he had a really good game. He got blow up on that option but the TE completely whiffed on his assignment. Zeke's man to beat was on the next level.

Teslerum

reflects pretty poorly on Brady that he only won because the Cowboys' kicker had an entirely improbable night, perhaps?
?

He can't exactly make his receivers not fuck up and he once again made a game winning last minute drive. If everyone in the Bucs offense was on it tonight this wouldn't even have been close.

Meanwhile the Cowboys played at their best, to the point of nitpicking (except Zeke).

Tschumi

I still don't get what you are trying to convey here. Please explain

Also how about that Brady trying to channel his inner Mahommes on that pass to fournette? Shame that Godwin ruined such a good drive
Never mind, I'm looking for reasons to start putting emojis in the OP and i thought maybe i could note tb wins over the cowboys but i must have been distracted at the time because there won't be many lol

Barring major injuries to both teams, I think we're going to see a 49ers/Bills super bowl.

It's going to be a fun season, I'm excited to see what a lot of these rookie quarter backs will do. Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Lance are all going to be fun to watch

Catphish

Honestly, I'd be right there with you if I wasn't from Buffalo.

We could win a Superbowl...Separate national anthems based on skin color.

giphy__26_.gif
I get that. I used to be a huge Bears fan. Part of me still very much wants to be. And we have Justin Fields at QB this year, perhaps our first legit shot at having a franchise QB in ages. I am very much saddened that I won’t be watching his progress.

Nonetheless, I won’t be watching his progress.

But I get where you’re coming from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom