• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Well I'm gonna hit the sack, gotta be up tomorrow at 5am. Hopefully The Colts keep the Jets to a field goal before half. Let's go Colts. Enjoy the game guys.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Man I never thought I would throw away my Aaron Rodgers jersey, but that is what I did the moment that I got home today. That interview was just something else. The word embarrassing does not even come close to capturing the level of cringe that I felt while I was watching that fucking mess. He went full fucking conspiracy moron for all of the world to see and said some of the dumbest statements that I've ever heard regarding the vaccine and covid and that is coming from someone who has religiously read the covid thread on this very site. I can't believe he was this stupid the whole time while pretending he was the smartest guy in the room. I am 100% done with his crazy ass. I cannot wait until he is out of Green Bay. I pray that Jordan Love is the real deal or that if we trade Rogers that we get something amazing for him. I will still root for the Packers and everything for the rest of the season because we don't really have another option at quarterback unless he is cut or suspended for the season though.

This last month of NFL news has just been Trainwreck after Trainwreck. It's basically just a pile up at this point.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Man I never thought I would throw away my Aaron Rodgers jersey, but that is what I did the moment that I got home today. That interview was just something else. The word embarrassing does not even come close to capturing the level of cringe that I felt while I was watching that fucking mess. He went full fucking conspiracy moron for all of the world to see and said some of the dumbest statements that I've ever heard regarding the vaccine and covid and that is coming from someone who has religiously read the covid thread on this very site. I can't believe he was this stupid the whole time while pretending he was the smartest guy in the room. I am 100% done with his crazy ass. I cannot wait until he is out of Green Bay. I pray that Jordan Love is the real deal or that if we trade Rogers that we get something amazing for him. I will still root for the Packers and everything for the rest of the season because we don't really have another option at quarterback unless he is cut or suspended for the season though.

This last month of NFL news has just been Trainwreck after Trainwreck. It's basically just a pile up at this point.
He must have a lot of yes-men in his corner and absolutely nobody willing to give him any pushback on an opinion. Even if that's how he really feels (clearly it is) going on that kind of rant to the public when you're the one who was dishonest and above all else clearly put his teammates and their families in danger as well.

You as the fan taking this stance I totally respect, makes me curious how the folks in his locker room are going to react.

Tschumi

Yeah me too, dumped him like last night's curry. Get fuuucked.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

during his super high IQ critical thinker research he was unable to understand how breakthrough infections work. whats the problem bro

Nobody_Important

during his super high IQ critical thinker research he was unable to understand how breakthrough infections work. whats the problem bro
The fact that moron said the words "if the vaccine is so great why are people still getting Covid?" was speechlessly stupid to me.

That was when I decided to toss my jersey when I got home. That is professional stupidity.

Tschumi

The fact that moron said the words "if the vaccine is so great why are people still getting Covid?" was speechlessly stupid to me.

That was when I decided to toss my jersey when I got home. That is professional stupidity.
I'm not going to listen to it.

Because i don't want to hear a "hero" disgrace himself?

No.

Two reasons:
1) I'm sure if i think like an idiot i can anticipate everything he says anyway
2) I'm worried his stupid might rub off on me. Or at least my, say, left big toe, which is integral to overall balance and must not git stupit.

Finally Sunday is here! I really need Lamb to suit up, my fantasy team needs him. My Fanduel entry is also ready to go, I never win any money but it's fun. Let's go!!!

Nobody_Important

GAMEWEEK 9 PREDICTIONS

Well there! A few things have happened to shake up the league in the past week, so how are our predictions looking this time around?

First off, I must trawl through our picks and see who gets the Gold Star this week!!
Score count beginning: ....Holy shit did I have a bad gameweek 8 v_v
Score count middle: ... Okay 3 of us have got 7 picks, will NobodyImportant get more than 7 and get the star or less and give us all stars...
Score end: Wow, he got the star, 9 correct picks.

Score Coming In...
Tschumi = ⭐ ⭐
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = ⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = ⭐

Well, yes, NobodyImportant continues to be our daddy, he must be a Cowboys fan with all these stars... let's give it another shot! DadEggs, Elpidio Valdes, let's fucking study injury reports this time hahaha

Okay, picks for GW9:

Colts - Jets - Early doors I'm thinking the Colts are looking better every week, but this could very possibly be part 2 in this replacement QB's legendary rise...
Giants - Raiders - Raiders coming off a bye, history's against the Giants... I'm not sure losing Ruggs III will make a difference to the result.
Saints - Falcons - This is a ballsy pick, I'll look into it more, but I think the Falcons might rise to this rather than the Saints.
Jaguars - Bills - Yep, easy pick here. I'm just glad Lawrence hasn't been seriously injured yet.
Bengals - Browns - I'm always going out on a limb making this predictions first, so I reserve the right to reserve the right to revise picks. At the moment I think the rest of the Browns' team beside the QB will win the game.
Panthers - Patriots - I think the Pats are grooving now and they should win again, even if it'll be maddeningly close. That's game management.
Cowboys - Broncos - Money in the bank. Or not? Hmmm.
Ravens - Vikings - Coming off the bye, I just hope they let Justin Jefferson get a bit more than 4 fucking points this week.
Dolphins - Texans - I dunno it seems like this isn't the season to be betting on the Fins.
Eagles - Chargers - I guess the Chargers will return to form against the Eagles. Keenen Allen gonna stay on my bench, though, I deem.
Chiefs - Packers - Oh well, Vaccine-idjit Rodgers is out, I am so pissed at him I couldn't care less about this result... I think the Chiefs will find their groove against an off-balance Packers team lead by an ineffective QB.
49ers - Cardinals - Yeah, I think the 49s are hella well coached but they're in a rut this season and the Cards are grooving with Kyler Murray having answers in almost every game.
Rams - Titans - Sadly, Henry is out for the season and I don't think the dual-threat of the Titan's O will be as piquant this time around. The Rams have been pretty legit. Might be an idea to try and pick up whoever backs up Henry in fantasy...
Stilluhs - Bears - I just like this Steelers team, who are getting results, and I hope they'll have a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season after the BS college coaching question directed at Tomlin last week.
Raiders over Giants - Jones has 2 turnovers
Saints over Falcon - Kamara goes off
Bills over Jags - The game is close though. Jags come within 7.
Bengals over Browns - Chase has a day.
Pats over Pants - Darnold has 2 turnovers if he plays.
Cowgirls over Broncos - Dak throws 3 TDs
Vikings over Ravens - Jackson has a bad day.
Texans over Dolphins - Tyrod being back helps them.
Chargers over Eagles - This is the hardest pick this week. Both teams are all over the place performance wise. This can go either way.
Chiefs over Packers - No Rodgers and Jordan Love is an unknown going against the best QB in the league who just came off a terrible week. I think Mahomes shreds us. 4 TDs.
Rams over Titans - No Henry? No win.
Bears over the Steelers- Big Ben is an empty uniform. No confidence in him.

Now for the Cardinals game my pick depends on if Kyler Murray starts. If he starts I pick the Cardinals. If he doesn't I pick the Niners. He is a game time decision though and I don't think I will be home when the game kicks off.

I'm changing my pick of the Dolphins game. I'm picking the Texans now. Tua is out and there's no way Jacoby Brissett wins this game. Dolphins should started Dolegala, might as well see what the kid has. But no Flores doesn't like that. Get that clown out of there. We should've traded for Watson.

Browns having fun today. It's like the Bengals are in 'hold my beer' mode having seen how many turnovers the chiefs have been handing out this year.

Giants beat the Raiders, the freaking Jaguars are about to beat the Bills, the Cowboys and Bengals got destroyed. What a crazy Sunday... I love football.

My Phins are about to win too. I shouldn't had changed my pick, I had a feeling they were going to win. Dang.

Last edited:

Tschumi

going by that 1st half Rodger's job is safe.
Should get sacked outright

Cardinals - 49ers match is pretty good, a few fumbles undermined the 49ers but they're looking sharp.. kittel is back.. hope i don't regret leaving him on my bench.. oh damn my tight end this week is friermuth ehhh...

This "alter ego" show.. I'm enquiring with the Hague but I'm pretty sure it's a crime against humanity

Last edited:
This is real low quality trash. The chiefs had one drive at the start that had me thinking they were back but since then have been terrible and the packers........ well the D line and the running backs are doing ok I guess. The rest of em need firing into the sun.

Tschumi

sucks to be jimmy G

No edits.

No quarter given to cheaters and haters. :messenger_winking_tongue:

lol hmm i wonder how my memory is going to work when it comes time to tabulate your scores...

----

the guy who narrates ken burns' documentarys was just voicing a tv ad for something totally mundane on this NFL stream i'm watching, i object!

Top Bottom