• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

apparently mac jones is being accused of deliberately injuring the ankle of a panthers player.. i haven't seen it, it sounds like he was trying to stop him running after a lose ball... hm

Tschumi

that's cute, they did a silly presentation on how much better stafford is than goff and he gets picked flailing in the end zone :p

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Well if the Rams lose, and the cowboys losing, this Packer loss really didn’t hurt us that much.

ManaByte

Bears injury on kickoff.

da bears nfl GIF by Chicago Bears

Gonna support the bears in this one for old times sake even though they're gonna lose. It occurred to me today that I fell in love with the bears before I even met the mrs and I've been married now for 34 years! and yeah the bears have sucked for most of that time lol

Tschumi

Gonna support the bears in this one for old times sake even though they're gonna lose. It occurred to me today that I fell in love with the bears before I even met the mrs and I've been married now for 34 years! and yeah the bears have sucked for most of that time lol
That's respectable, that's all good.

They're rather getting dominated early doors here, though.

Tschumi

to be expected. I think the steelers are better than their win/lose and the bears are worse than theirs.
i think steelers and pats are both teams whose superior coaching is going to see them rise to the top as the season progresses and they settle...

.. Just as long as Big Ben doesn't drag them down.

Tschumi

Did *not* think they'd get the TD there. Glad that Friermuth scored he's my TE this week because I left Kittel on the bench...

Last edited:

Tschumi

i've been setting up my new tv but i've been taking quick looks and it's been an interesting one fa shaw

I absolutely hate the new taunting rule, what a way the rob the sport of any fun. Imagine if Deion Sanders, Michael Jordan or Reggie Miller would've had to hold their tongue and emotions in their particular sport for fear of taunting penalties or flagrant fouls.

Baseball was dying because of how boring it was but now we have new players celebrating home runs and pitchers going wild after big strikeouts. I love it... Give me trash talk and emotions and heated rivalries, that's one of the reasons I love sports.

Tschumi

I absolutely hate the new taunting rule, what a way the rob the sport of any fun. Imagine if Deion Sanders, Michael Jordan or Reggie Miller would've had to hold their tongue and emotions in their particular sport for fear of taunting penalties or flagrant fouls.

Baseball was dying because of how boring it was but now we have new players celebrating home runs and pitchers going wild after big strikeouts. I love it... Give me trash talk and emotions and heated rivalries, that's one of the reasons I love sports.
I'm with you, NFL was always a game of big men reacting entirely out of proportion with their 15 seconds of exertion, no need to kill it.. dangerous tackling? Yes. Taunting? I don't think any pro really minds..

I'm with you, NFL was always a game of big men reacting entirely out of proportion with their 15 seconds of exertion, no need to kill it.. dangerous tackling? Yes. Taunting? I don't think any pro really minds..
Complete agree with the dangerous tackling, nobody wants to see a player injured or hurt. I'm all for the face mask penalties and many others.

But give me trash talking and emotion. A player gets a big sack, let him trash talk the QB. The QB gets a huge TD he can trash talk back. Like you said, I think pretty much all the players hate the rule. Don't know what Goodell is doing.

Last edited:

Tschumi

GAMEWEEK 10 PREDICTIONS

Well now, some of the regulars got a bit sneaky with their predictions last week but I believe they edited their original posts so I should be good! If I make a mistake let me know!

What a dog of a week, ridiculous results - Jags beat the Bills? Why do we even do this? ^_^ I know I lost a fair few, good luck all!

... Well, how 'bout that? I've double checked and can confirm that I got the most right and get the star outright! Hell of a wonky week, I lucked out in backing the falcons, Browns and Cardinals! Whew, Tschumi's one good win for the season!

Okay, let's move on!

Dolphins - Ravens - one of those teams you can't go against right now. Though the Dolphins are coming off a win, and last week showed that betting on sure things is a sure way to get ur ass bit a few times a season, I'm going with my fantasy QB.
Titans - Saints - I'll have another look at this, but the Titans seem to have more about them than just King Henry, and the Saints seem to be a bit spotty. Their QB seals the deal.
Jets - Bills - I defintely don't expect the Bills to lose twice in a row against huge underdogs. Last week must do something to re-invigorate them. Unless the Second Coming that is Mike White (i think) blows it up again.
Steelers - Lions - Apparently this is a good week to bet on the Lions, but there have been a few this season. I'm not going to bet against my Stilluhs. Hate Big Ben though...
Colts - Jaguars - Again, just totally ignoring history and discounting the Jag's win last week. The Colts are another one of those teams (like the Pats) who are clearly getting better every week.
WhhhhFFt - Buccaneers - Yeah, this one again just looks like a pretty easy prediction. I'd love it if they lost, though.
🍕 Patriots - Browns - I kind of think the Pats' O-Line might have some tricks to deal with Garrett, and I think the Brown's lack of first choice Running Backs might blunt their strongest advantage against the Pats' D. That D is really good against the pass. That said, I've got D Johnson in my lineup this week, since he'll be seeing a butt-ton of carries in this game for the Browns. He could still win it.
Cowboys - Falcons - could it happen twice? I'm betting on none of last week's upsets happening twice in a row. The Cowboys should get back on track with this one.
Cardinals - Panthers - You don't get much closer to a sure thing than the Cards this season.
Chargers - Vikings - I'll look at this again, but I get the feeling that the Chargers are off the boil and the Vikings are decent. If Dalvin Cook's legal situation takes him out of this game I'll revise this pick!
Packers - Seahawks - I think the idiot is back.
Broncos - Eagles - The Broncos seem to be on the right track at this point in the season, and their run game's looking good. I'm gonna look into the Eagles' D to confirm that this will make a difference.
Raiders - Chiefs - The Chiefs appear to be dogshit this season and the Raiders are certainly able to mix it with anyone.
49ers - Rams - This is always such a great matchup, great teams with great coaches, I'm excited to watch the matchup, I think the Rams are more settled at QB.

EDIT: I'm loving how pants this forum has got with copy/paste since that time they added in the gif widget thing

Last edited:
Congrats Tschumi Tschumi on the win last week. Great picks man. I have no faith in my Phins so I'm picking the Ravens to win tonight. I'll leave the rest of my picks for Sunday morning when the injury reports drops. I'll make sure to add this pick on that post to make it easier for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom