• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

ManaByte

255964228_10158614875663635_3805723439022927304_n.jpg

Man what a great defensive performance by my Phins last night. Where has this team been the entire season. The offense is still shoddy, we're missing Parker & Fuller plus we got no running game because the OL is trash. But I'll take the win.

Tschumi

Man what a great defensive performance by my Phins last night. Where has this team been the entire season. The offense is still shoddy, we're missing Parker & Fuller plus we got no running game because the OL is trash. But I'll take the win.
they definitely looked pretty solid in D, looks like something clicked

they definitely looked pretty solid in D, looks like something clicked
Too late now to make the playoffs but I'm always happy when my team does well. Half of Dolphins fans are on team tank but our GM can't draft even if his life depended on it so it won't make any difference lol.

Good for Gruden! The NFL collected over 650K emails on their Washington investigation and somehow only Gruden's emails leaked, right in the middle of the season. That smells shady as hell. I bet if Goodell's emails leak or any big executive they would all be out of a job. I bet they have said worse things than Gruden.

They will probably settle out of court but I really hope Gruden brings down the entire house with him.

ManaByte

Good for Gruden! The NFL collected over 650K emails on their Washington investigation and somehow only Gruden's emails leaked, right in the middle of the season. That smells shady as hell. I bet if Goodell's emails leak or any big executive they would all be out of a job. I bet they have said worse things than Gruden.

They will probably settle out of court but I really hope Gruden brings down the entire house with him.

The discovery phase will be amazing. Gruden better not settle.

Tschumi

He's got a point. Maybe he was a total wanker but so is the commissioner apparently. Get em both!

Last edited:

Tschumi

Straight up, fair dinkum, what's the bet they're miles better without him?

(He's vaccinated what a fucking boss)

Last edited:
Here are my predictions for this week.

Baltimore over Dolphins: I'm such an idiot for failing to pick my Phins for the 2nd straight week and they won. I deserve nothing less than 1 star
Bills beat Jets: The Bills wake up from their sleepwalking and bury the Jets
Bucs beat Washington: Brady after a bye week against one of the worse defenses in the league, easy pick
Cowboys beat Atlanta: Dak has a strong game and the defense shows up. Atlanta is outmatched
🍕Titans beat Saints: Titans keep the train rolling, even without Henry. Edit.. I put a pizza there meaning the Saints could upset the Titans. That's my potential upset for the week
Colts beat Jacksonville: I like the Colts in this matchup, they can put up points and the Jaguars are too inconsistent
Steelers beat Lion: 0-17 for the Lions.... It could happen
Browns beat New England: I like and I want the Browns to steamroll Bellicheat. Don't let me down Cleveland
Chargers beat Vikings: I like the Chargers here, Minnesota is on a 3 game losing streak. Make it 4
Arizona beats Panthers: Not even Cam can right this sinking ship. Murray or Colt, this is a Cardinals win
Broncos beat Eagles: The Broncos keep the momentum going and beat the wildly inconsistent Eagles
Packers over Seahawks: Anti Vax but alpha male Rodgers beat the Vax but no sex until marriage Wilson
Chiefs beat Raiders: Who the hell knows with this matchup. Let's just hope the Chiefs figure it out
Rams over 49ers: San Francisco got destroyed last week by Colt fucking McCoy. Nuff said

Last edited:

Tschumi

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion

I've had a brainflash homies, I'd like everyone to put a 🍕(pizza) next to one prediction each gameweek that they think could be an upset, and we'll add pizzas to our collections of symbols for those of us who guess right!

Edit:

Further guidelines.
I'm going to say you can double up, which it to say you can predict the upset and then also say this is your upset for the week, and you'd get a tally and a moon for it.

This week I'm gonna back the Pats and put a pizza on them to upset the Browns.

But it is okay to go against your own bet too, if you think it's a chance, it's not strictly hedging a bet because they're seperate point systems. Ne?

So for example last week a smart, smart man would have put pizza on the Jags.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Sorry to hear that brother, see you when the time's right
I appreciate it. It's not the level of the other week when I lost my grandfather. I don't need to fly across the country. It just threw me off and was unexpected. I need to take a bit tomorrow to deal with family. I won't have time for football.

Good luck to everyone else though.

Tschumi

Damn WFT nabbing the bucs

Fuck you, Panthers! Haha, beating my "closest thing to a sure thing" Cardinals like a dusty rug

Last edited:

Tschumi

next week: "Is Mahomes still a favourite to get into the HOF?"
It's now generally accepted that Patrick Mahomes is past his best. What analysts around the league are working overtime on working out now however is whether or not Mahome's exploits to date are enough to justify inclusion into the Pro Football HOF.

"It's touch and go," says Dirk Dirkler, "he's certainly got the YPA and PTD and STD numbers up the wazoo to suggest that, if he'd just stayed on target, he might have broken all manner of records, and there's still a chance that he may throw, what, 20-odd TDs for the rest of his career? The problem is his hands now phase through the football and that's never a good sign for a QB."

Last edited:
Top Bottom