• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

GAMEWEEK 11 PREDICTIONS

I'm back, self imposed exile is temporarily suspended so I can attend to my duties here. 'cuz I resPect you.

Welcome back to bruised and battered hero Nobody, please feel at home with ur prediction buddies.

Score Coming In...
Tschumi = ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ | 🍕
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = ⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = ⭐⭐

Well well well, we've had a Tschumi win 2 weeks ago in week that was lousy with upsets, and a spirit-raising Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés win last week as he beat Nobody by a firm 3 picks! Two stars for the latecomer. We hope ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion forgives Tschumi for his daft rib-poking jokes about inconsistent predictions and rejoins the fun :p Tschumi so far the only pundit to correctly pick an upset.

Get your picks in early this week has weird fixtures!

Let's gooooo!

Lions - Bears - I dunno Lions are unpickable whaddaya want from me
Cowboys - Raiders - The Cowboys had an off game last week but they've still got some legit players on D that should keep Dak insulated.
Saints - Bills - The Saints could well use a running game to upset the Bills, so I have this as my upset pick. I gotta check injuries in their backfield... Ah, Kamara and Ingram both out I'm not sure I can back them here.
Bengals - Steelers - I just like the Steelers but for real I think Burrow'll win this. I might have to go against my fandom if the injury list reads wrong. I'm pretty sure Watt is still injured so I can't back my boys in yellow and black. Oh Minkah Fitzpatrick is back what does it all meeeean
Dolphins - Panthers - As a part time Patriots fan I have a hard time shaking the feeling that Cam is a few years past the time when he could win a tight game.
🍕 Giants - Eagles - A new Offensive Coordinator (why the donkey sodomy did they expect anything else from JG?) honeymoon period sees Daniel Jones looking like a future MVP? Or will an Eagles offence that has added running to early season passing take some momentum into the tie?
Patriots - Titans - The pats aren't the big secret they were recently, but that doesn't mean I won't back 'em. They're just too well coached, it's like Bill, the Mullet, and McDaniels are actually on the field participating.
Jaguars - Falcons - Shit, this week it's me getting on the "Jags can pull this out" bandwagon.. I believe! After the Falcons got shut down... Please just copy the Pats and make me right.
Colts - Bucaneers - One of the best run defences in the league with the Bucs, I dunno I'm liking the Bucs here. Might revise this, Wentz is allergic to turnovers this season.
Texans - Jets - I'm glad the Texans are getting jobs done. I think it'll continue.
Broncos - Chargers - Here's another good chance at an upset, just has that feeling, but Herbert got over his yips last week so I think this'll be a Chargers win.
49ers - Vikings - The 49ers are looking better these days, yeah I like the look of them, might revise this...
Packers - Rams - I detest Aaron Rodgers but if he's anything like he was before we all found out he's a king asswipe he'll find a way to win this. Still, the Rams have a savage D against a depleted Pack.
Ravens - Browns - This could go with the Browns if they can shut down Jackson's runs, but the Ravens have been more sharp thus far, I'll listen to podcasts for better opinions.
WhfffFT - Seahawks - My family basically comes from Washington DC, one of the kids were born there, my parents lived there for a total of about 15 years before and after I was born, I like my maroon and yellow players. I can't support them because they seem to be poorly run or something, but yeah, I'm always glad when they start playing solid.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm just picking the Thanksgiving games today. I wanna see the injury report on Saturday.

Bears over Lions - This is self explanatory

Raiders over Cowboys - The cowboys sucked against the Chargers, sucked against the Chiefs, and sucked against the Broncos. I am betting the Raiders make it a clean sweep of suck

Bills over Saints - Eventually the Bills gotta get back on track. I think today might be the day.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today. May your deity of choice bless you and your family. Stay safe out there!

Raiders over Cowboys - The cowboys sucked against the Chargers, sucked against the Chiefs, and sucked against the Broncos. I am betting the Raiders make it a clean sweep of suck

Bills over Saints - Eventually the Bills gotta get back on track. I think today might be the day.

Raiders over Cowboys because that's what the Coin says.

Picking the Thanksgiving games for now! Will pick the other games Sunday morning. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving guys!

Lions over Bears: The Lions have to win one right? What better game than today.

Cowboys over Raiders: The Cowboys explode for over 30 points today. Book it.

Saints over Bills: This pick is purely because I have the Bills and I always want them to lose. Come on Saints prove me right.

Bears
Cowboys

- Bills
Bengals

Panthers
Eages -
Patriots
Falcons -
TB
Texans -
Chargers -
49ers -
Rams -
browns -
Seahawks -

good luck happy tgiving you guys

Last edited:
The Lions have nothing in common with the majestic beasts their team is named after. If anything they remind me of the skinny, malnourished lions we had at the Zoo back in Cuba. Pathetic.

The Lions have nothing in common with the majestic beasts their team is named after. If anything they remind me of the skinny, malnourished lions we had at the Zoo back in Cuba. Pathetic.
yeah they fell apart a bit at the end and lost but the bears were also deeply shite. Very poor game. This one is a lot better. Go raiders! Fuck Dallas etc.

Tschumi

Hm Saints missing Ingram and Kamara, can't back them to do what the Colts did last week, gotta change my 'upset' prediction late doors

bender

What time is it?
Super bummed about Raiders winning that

I thought dallas was good???

Dak seems like the type that needs everything to be perfect for him to successful. Great leader, okay quarterback and grossly overpaid. His top two wideouts are out (COVID Cooper and concussion Lamb. Zeke is washed and the offensive line is kind of a mess outside of Smith and Martin. I still think Romo was a better QB on the field but a massive step down in the leadership category. Legatron has also been massively inconsistent this season his misses have been costly. McCarthy isn't a great head coach. I wish they'd fire him and promote DQ but Jerry takes forever to bail out on coaches. Cowboys have the benefit of being in one of the worst divisions in football. They beat up on bad teams, struggle with good teams and fail to excellent teams. Micah Parsons is the truth though.

Tschumi

Dak seems like the type that needs everything to be perfect for him to successful. Great leader, okay quarterback and grossly overpaid. His top two wideouts are out (COVID Cooper and concussion Lamb. Zeke is washed and the offensive line is kind of a mess outside of Smith and Martin. I still think Romo was a better QB on the field but a massive step down in the leadership category. Legatron has also been massively inconsistent this season his misses have been costly. McCarthy isn't a great head coach. I wish they'd fire him and promote DQ but Jerry takes forever to bail out on coaches. Cowboys have the benefit of being in one of the worst divisions in football. They beat up on bad teams, struggle with good teams and fail to excellent teams. Micah Parsons is the truth though.
i think mccarthy is a legit call to be the major problem here

i'm really starting to come to terms with the concept of coaching making a giant difference to the effectiveness of players... look at players who have flourished after moving to teams with superior coaching... I think Goff is not quite as dogshit as the Lions are making him look. for another example i think the Jags are where they are because this Myer guy had a cushy job in college ball... a real coach might eek a bit more out of them... and the Pats are obviously so well coached those three might as well be taking part in every play

i rate dak but i don't think he's a dynamic QB, i think he's just historically good at his thing, like a brees or whathaveyou, rather than a hybrid threat... so i mean it comes down to their systems to get the most out of him, and when those systems break down he'll get shown up a bit... i think we need to be generous with him missing key attacking options recently. I also think Zeke would do better with better playcalling.. Yeah I reckon it all comes down to coaching. If I was the owner of the Cowboys with the players I had i'd be looking for someone hungry, with fresh ideas and early success, rather than a dufus who was mediocre at the packers for all those years.

McCarthy stopped the packers winning anything real for a decade, I'm sure he's gonna do the same for the Cowboys unless he loses the gig.

the above was my partially-educated opinion, i'm not up to arguing over any of my points lol

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
i think mccarthy is a legit call to be the major problem here

i'm really starting to come to terms with the concept of coaching making a giant difference to the effectiveness of players... look at players who have flourished after moving to teams with superior coaching... I think Goff is not quite as dogshit as the Lions are making him look. for another example i think the Jags are where they are because this Myer guy had a cushy job in college ball... a real coach might eek a bit more out of them... and the Pats are obviously so well coached those three might as well be taking part in every play

i rate dak but i don't think he's a dynamic QB, i think he's just historically good at his thing, like a brees or whathaveyou, rather than a hybrid threat... so i mean it comes down to their systems to get the most out of him, and when those systems break down he'll get shown up a bit... i think we need to be generous with him missing key attacking options recently. I also think Zeke would do better with better playcalling.. Yeah I reckon it all comes down to coaching. If I was the owner of the Cowboys with the players I had i'd be looking for someone hungry, with fresh ideas and early success, rather than a dufus who was mediocre at the packers for all those years.

McCarthy stopped the packers winning anything real for a decade, I'm sure he's gonna do the same for the Cowboys unless he loses the gig.

the above was my partially-educated opinion, i'm not up to arguing over any of my points lol

From an arm talent standpoint, Dak shouldn't be in the same sentence as Brees. He just not on the same level when it comes to accuracy and ball placement. You'd only take him in a scramble drill over other elite QBs. I don't think he's bad by any means and he is the best leader the team has had since Jimmy/Troy/Michael, but he shouldn't be close to being one of the top paid QBs in the league.

Zeke's first step is gone as is his top speed and he gets hit in the backfield. He still has the ability to always fall forward for an extra yard or two, he's just not gaining much ground before first contact these days. Pollard gets way more out of his touches. Moore is a fine play caller. He's overhyped because of all the toys at his disposal. He'll be a head coach next season so I don't think play calling is the issue. Zeke should be cut this offseason.

Cowboys could get better as the season progresses: Gregory and Tank will be back at some point. Even with them back, they need to realize how disruptive 11 is and let him keep pressuring opposing QBs.

If I were in charge: I'd reduce Zeke's role which has happened of late since he is banged up. I'd fire McCarthy and promote Moore (if you want him long term, still iffy on him be a HC) or DQ (I know it ended poorly for him in Atlanta but if you compare how he talks to how McCarthy talks, it's clear who the leader of men is). Beyond McCarthy's many clock management and challenge blunders, I just don't understand his 4th down philosophy. He was gung ho all season until today. I'd also be trying out new Kickers.

I still don't think they are contenders. One and done or a conference championship wouldn't surprise me. It all comes down to them getting a lead early. They do seem like a bit of front runners in that regard.

Tschumi

Just saying this now, I'm always asleep for most of the games but i hope you guys have a nice chat about the drama! Remember to update your predictions, pickers!

Also, remember to put a 🍕 next to one game that you think could be an upset!

I almost missed today predictions. I was helping my girl cook a delicious chili with spicy Italian sausage. I'll keep it short today, specially after my epic fail of Thursday predictions.

Steelers beat Bengals
Panthers beat Dolphins
Eagles beat Giants
Patriots beat Titans... 🍕
Falcons beat Jaguars
Bucs beat Colts
Jets beat Texans
Chargers beat Broncos
Vikings beat 49ers
Packers beat Rams
Browns beat Ravens
Seahawks beat Washington

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm too hungover for detailed picks this week.

Bengals over Steelers
Jets over Texans
Broncos over Chargers
Browns over Ravens
WFT over Seahawks
Rams over Packers
Panthers over Dolphins
Eagles over Giants 🍕
Patriots over Titans
Jaguars over Falcons
Buccs over Colts
Vikings over Niners

Good luck everyone!

Going by what I've managed to notice on screen 2 redzone Big Ben having one of those career ending games. Or he would be if his replacement was any good. Meanwhile in the main game here the Titans are working very hard at not winning.

Tschumi

U gotta hand it to Baker, he's going to take every milisecond of time he has as QB1 for the Browns, he's certainly all in, and he's not shit-tastic.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Browns beating the ravens would be a huge step in their super bowl march, it’s clear Baker is hurt and his responsibilities at this point are to feed the running backs and certainly drop 1-2 TD bombs a game. The defense and oline isn’t a concern.
cleveland browns dance GIF

Top Bottom