• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2022 Exclusive Wii U Acquisition - Yes, I'm Serious (Horror Game)

fart town usa

Gold Member
With all the news of these acquisitions, it appears that the Wii U is joining the fray.

ENTER: SILVER FALLS 'WHITE INSIDE ITS UMBRA'

An upcoming horror title EXCLUSIVE to the Wii U.

The game will utilize the Wii U gamepad, the Wiimote, and Wii Balance Board.

Developer says it's 90% complete and they're gonna submit it to Nintendo sometime soon for eShop approval.

Video is cued up to showcase the gaming capabilities that can only be done via a Wii U.

Developer Chat

I for one am damn excited. I'll definitely be getting this day one, I even have a balance board. Looks like it's a small team but I think it looks impressive all the same.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
bold GIF

I thought of getting a wiiu just for the prime trilogy. Am I insane? Will the eshop go down soon?
Depends. You shouldn't get it for Metroid Prime.

If you do get it, it should be for multiple things.
  • Starfox Zero / Starfox Guard
  • Xenoblade X
  • Devil's Third
  • Wii support
  • Virtual Console games, including many GBA games that play well on the gamepad. NES, N64, Wii games digitally.
  • Twilight Princess / Wind Waker HD with map tools on the controller
  • Wonderful 101 with original controller
  • Zombi U with original controller
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Probably forgetting some other stuff.

fart town usa

Gold Member

• Xenoblade X
  • Devil's Third
  • Wii support
  • Virtual Console games, including many GBA games that play well on the gamepad. NES, N64, Wii games digitally.
tommib tommib yea dude, if can afford a used Wii U without stressing over it, definitely get one.

It's such a great console. It gets a lot of hate but there are lots of valid reasons to own one.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
07.jpg

• Xenoblade X
  • Devil's Third
  • Wii support
You can do so much more with the Wii U gamepad because of the second screen, it's an aspect that makes the Wii U so deadly.

LordOfChaos

I'm hoping the Wii U becomes a Dreamcast situation and keeps getting games for years to come. Especially with the SDK leaked out there and the console itself being swiss cheese, it could have more homebrew support to come, hopefully with the SDK out there start to use the GPU more rather than basic homebrew games. Had a short active life but there's still passion projects like this coming out for it and I'd love to see more.

I saw the Miiverse replacement was doing beta testing

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm hoping the Wii U becomes a Dreamcast situation and keeps getting games for years to come. Especially with the SDK leaked out there and the console itself being swiss cheese, it could have more homebrew support to come.

I saw the Miiverse replacement was doing beta testing
Nice, I actually donate to the patreon for the miiverse alternative but I don't follow it too closely. I still haven't modded my Wii U but I will someday.

CamHostage

Another Wii U title on the horizon is Bizerta: Silent Evil

E8CaWi4WEAUCRvJ

Wow, looks very sharp in images, I hope they can get Blizerta out. Was this one of those in-development-before-eShop-closure games, or is this an independent really set upon making a Wii U game? I feel I'd cut my losses and port/modify it for Switch if I could (and maybe still push for the "original" version released as a loveletter to the intent, similar to how Retro City Rampage eventually got on 8-bit carts but they made their money and got their acclaim from people buying the game on actually viable platforms.) Unfortunately, you can't use Switch both on screen and as a touchscreen device, so it wouldn't be a perfect port... would be cool if there was a way of linking 2 Switches and having one as the TV player while second Switch is the handheld for the controller and puzzles and touch systems. (Would be a limited number of players, requiring two Switches in the house, but it's not too far-fetched if it could work.)

Back to Silver Falls...

This guy is crazy, it seems, but it's intriguing. Making 3DS and Wii U games this late is a new level of retro-releases that I wasn't ready to expect yet (although I do check out the PS Vita homebew scene every now and again, so I guess it's the same thing.) He's also got a GBC Silver Falls. I'm not sure why this guy is putting so much of this brand into retro-releases (it doesn't seem to be an exercise in pushing old hardware as some projects are, and aside from the Balance Board, not much of the original hardware's exclusivity appears to be used in these, so it's unclear to me why he's making life so hard on himself? But, it's a thing for some people.) Unlike some retro developers, however, he has been able to get some Silver Falls game on the proper Nintendo Store for modern Nintendo platforms, so at least he's not completely losing his mind over this. Reviews are sketchy on the Silver Falls games, so again, I wonder what he's aiming to do with all of this, but it's interesting to see somebody still mining the old platforms.

Last edited:

consoul

Given Nintendo's recent announcement that they'll be ceasing the ability to add credit to your account in the WiiU eShop in August, that puts a hard deadline on any of these last gasp games.

If they don't have them on the eShop before August, they're screwed.

So, it'd be good to know what dates they're targeting, which regions they're supporting and how much they're thinking of selling them for.

I'm gonna grab some eShop cards so I can pick up a few WiiU games before they kill the store for good.

Orbital2060

• Xenoblade X
  • Devil's Third
  • Wii support
Yeah the Wii support is why Im keeping it. Ive got all of my legacy Nintendo games on it, the upgraded VC versions. And some great games like you mentioned, and I would add stuff like Super Mario 3D World, and NES Remix 2.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Thankfully Nintendo is still gonna let him upload the game(s) to the Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wow, looks very sharp in images, I hope they can get Blizerta out. Was this one of those in-development-before-eShop-closure games, or is this an independent really set upon making a Wii U game? I feel I'd cut my losses and port/modify it for Switch if I could (and maybe still push for the "original" version released as a loveletter to the intent, similar to how Retro City Rampage eventually got on 8-bit carts but they made their money and got their acclaim from people buying the game on actually viable platforms.) Unfortunately, you can't use Switch both on screen and as a touchscreen device, so it wouldn't be a perfect port... would be cool if there was a way of linking 2 Switches and having one as the TV player while second Switch is the handheld for the controller and puzzles and touch systems. (Would be a limited number of players, requiring two Switches in the house, but it's not too far-fetched if it could work.)

Back to Silver Falls...

This guy is crazy, it seems, but it's intriguing. Making 3DS and Wii U games this late is a new level of retro-releases that I wasn't ready to expect yet (although I do check out the PS Vita homebew scene every now and again, so I guess it's the same thing.) He's also got a GBC Silver Falls. I'm not sure why this guy is putting so much of this brand into retro-releases (it doesn't seem to be an exercise in pushing old hardware as some projects are, and aside from the Balance Board, not much of the original hardware's exclusivity appears to be used in these, so it's unclear to me why he's making life so hard on himself? But, it's a thing for some people.) Unlike some retro developers, however, he has been able to get some Silver Falls game on the proper Nintendo Store for modern Nintendo platforms, so at least he's not completely losing his mind over this. Reviews are sketchy on the Silver Falls games, so again, I wonder what he's aiming to do with all of this, but it's interesting to see somebody still mining the old platforms.
Great post. That Bizerta game looks amazing but man, search results show that it's been in development since as early as 2014. Looks amazing from that screenshot.

For the Silver Falls series, I downloaded the GBC game and put it on my SNES classic, seems fun enough. I'm really interested in the 3DS title though, Silver Falls: 3 Down Stars. Reviews are bad but I guess the initial release was really buggy, I read a few comments and I guess there were 5 or 6 updates since and the game (based on 2 people) is really solid now. It only runs on the 'New' 3DS, which I don't own, but thankfully my buddy does. I plan on sending him some money so he can download it for me. Even if the game isn't good, I'm compelled to try out RE/SH clones.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
The WiiU deserved so much better.
Yea, I think the biggest injustice for the Wii U is that so many people just write it off, act like it isn't even worth existing.

It definitely doesn't have the biggest software library but the thing is a juggernaut when it comes to obscure but useful features and the software library it does have access to has tons of fantastic games. Soft-mod it and you effectively have one of the greatest consoles of all time and arguably the best Nintendo console of all time because of its 1:1 legacy support. The amount of flak it gets doesn't even make sense cause it sold 13 million worldwide, most people have never played it or even see it in person. It reminds me of the Sega Saturn back in the day, most people didn't know anyone with a Saturn and few even got to actually play it.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
With the eShop shutting down after this year, they better hope they don't have any delays.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Great post. That Bizerta game looks amazing but man, search results show that it's been in development since as early as 2014. Looks amazing from that screenshot.
I did a preview a few years ago and i recieved a behind the scenes video with first person gameplay. It really looks wicked.

The thing is that Ed Rox keeps delaying the release. It was 2019 first, then end of 2020, then beginning of 2021. Now its 2022.

It will come out but i hope it happens before the eShop closes up shop.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The Wii U game has been successfully submitted to Nintendo and they are currently testing it. Hopefully it will be available soon on the Wii U eShop.

This guy is nuts, he's making 7 games for the Wii U and 3DS. The other week he made a post that said that Unity has corrupted his game build. Thankfully he is good with back ups because it's happened to him in the past.

I'm really excited to try this out, I don't even care if it's janky. I have a lot of respect for a 1 man studio who is making something as ambitious as this for the Wii U of all things.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Respect the dedication.

But laugh at it all the same.
Right. I like his positive attitude. He doesn't care at all about making money off of it. He just wants to make a Wii U horror game that utilizes all the Wii U features and totally accepts that few people are going to buy it. I'd be surprised if it hits 100 downloads.

fart town usa

Gold Member
This actually released last week but I forgot to post it.

Two games in the Wii U eshop. I got both. White Inside Its Umbra is the one that people were excited over. Survival Horror that utilizes the balance board, game pad, wiimotes, etc. Basically a one man operation to give the Wii U a final send off.

I haven't played either though, I want to make sure I give it the proper treatment and attention. Developer poured his heart into theses titles.

Top Bottom