Many thanks to all contributors from last year
Cyberpunk 2077 | By Turk1993
Cyberpunk 2077 | By Turk1993
- Topic created using Stallion Free post and based on the 2018 PC Screenshot Thread by llien
- Special thanks to my friend Robin for the images used as title <3
- Here is the 2023 Console Screenshot Thread
- Don't forget to check the thread from last year: 2022 PC Screenshot Thread
- Limits: 3 screenshots per post. If you have more than 3, make more posts or use thumbnails.
- Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
- Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
- Compression: If it's visible you will be called out. Follow the JPEG guide below.
- Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
- Stretching: Do not post stretched screenshots. Do not take 2.35 screens unless you know what you are doing.
- Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
- Thinking: Think before you post. Is the screenshot really worth posting? Does anyone care about some ugly texture you found? No.
- Feelings: Did someone hurt your feelings? PM a mod. Take your drama elsewhere.
- Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
- Steam: You can tell Steam to also save lossless screens when hitting the button and choose and output folder.
- FastStone: It's free and quite easy. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to .png/.jpeg.
- Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
- Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
- Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG.
- HDR+WCG Image Viewer: To manipulate HDR shots (.jxr). Easily convert your screenshot into .png without loss.
- Imgur: The most used in this tread, almost no loss during the upload, simple to use.
- Flickr: Two terabytes of storage and great for screenshot library management.
- Lensdump: Free unlimited permanent image storage with almost no loss in quality.
- Alo81's JPEG Guide: Everything you need to know about saving as a JPEG without getting shanked.
- MrRoderick's Screenshot Compendium: A great thread filled with advice on advanced techniques for screenshotting specific games.
- Nvidia Inspector: This guide covers how to force AA externally and the basics of using the program.
- Radeon Pro: Pretty self explanatory, follows a lot of the basics from Nvidia Inspector.
- SGSSAA: This guide on Guru3D covers how to implement Sparse Grid Super Sampling.
- HBAO+ Compatibility guide: HBAO+ Flags to be used with NvidiaInspector to improve or add ambiant occlusion on many games.