• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 To Life beta email sent out

Scoobert

Well, I just got an email that I've been accepted for the 25 to Life beta test. Should I be happy or cry in sorrow?

mj1108

Scoobert said:
Well, I just got an email that I've been accepted for the 25 to Life beta test. Should I be happy or cry in sorrow?

I just checked my email and saw I got accepted too. Anyone else?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
so how would you rate it, on a scale of 1-10

1 = this game kinda sucks
10 = this game sucks so bad i'd pay the developers to not play it

Slo

Uh. I wasted 30 minutes of my life trying to set up a freakin' account. The first time I tried I got a connection time, and it cleared my ALL of the fields that I'd entered so I had to enter it all again with the Dual Shock. Second time I tried, the fucking game froze and I had to hard reboot. Third time, after entering the text again, I get a message that my username is taken, AND IT CLEARS THE FUCKING FIELDS AGAIN. One last time and I finally get it to go.

It wasn't worth it. At all. I played exactly one game, and didn't even get to finish that because of a server error. I know it a beta, but Christ, I shouldn't have to fight just to play the game. I'd just finished playing a couple of hours of GTA:SA, and 25 to Life is a step down in every way imaginable. The graphics are ass, the controls are poor (Dual Shock shooter syndrome), and the music is annoying ass hell. It's cheesy gang banger rap on a loop. The demo is basically just team deathmatch, no single player. You don't even really have to aim, just point in the general direction of the enemy and tap the trigger until one of you dies. Did I mention a couple of people already had speed hacks?

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHIT! I swear, getting a congressman to piss and moan over this piece of crap is the best thing to ever happen to it.

so I spent about 30 minutes setting up my account and downloading the patch and all that other good stuff then I spent about an hour playing some games of it

all I have to say is I want that 90 minutes of my life back :(

Himuro said:
I saw the video of it in the new OPM. Isn't this supposed to be next gen because it looks something you'd see on Dreamcast or early PS2 games.
Yeah, it's next-gen. They're sending out free PS3s to beta testers too. Too bad you didn't enter the contest.

Slo

Himuro said:
Well if that's a next gen game.........and it looks like that.....then..damn. Because that's early ps2 graphics right there.

Put your helmet back on and go drink your juice box.

Top Bottom