• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 years ago today, the Fresh Prince of Bel Air premiered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
enhanced-buzz-20566-1325001128-16.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21185-1363188169-4.gif

When will confessed infront of the whole family that the drugs carlton OD'd on were from his locker it was sad as hell.

"I'm sorry man....I'm sorry.......I'm sorry man........"

story behind this?

From an article I read recently.

"Don’t expect any emotional Fresh Prince of Bel Air TV reunions any time soon. Janet Hubert (the show’s original Aunt Viv) is not exactly a Will Smith fan. She has called him an “egomaniac.” In one interview, she said, “There will never be a reunion. I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith.” On another occasion, Hubert said Smith did “heinous, horrible things to me. They were like bad kids, Will and Alfonso [Ribiero].” She went on to claim, “He said that I was crazy and nobody wanted to go to lunch with me.” Gee, Aunt Viv, we’ll take you out to lunch. Hubert said the feud eventually led to her getting fired and was later replaced by Daphne Maxwell Reid."

Bleepey

"Don’t expect any emotional Fresh Prince of Bel Air TV reunions any time soon. Janet Hubert (the show’s original Aunt Viv) is not exactly a Will Smith fan. She has called him an “egomaniac.” In one interview, she said, “There will never be a reunion. I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith.” On another occasion, Hubert said Smith did “heinous, horrible things to me. They were like bad kids, Will and Alfonso [Ribiero].” She went on to claim, “He said that I was crazy and nobody wanted to go to lunch with me.” Gee, Aunt Viv, we’ll take you out to lunch. Hubert said the feud eventually led to her getting fired and was later replaced by Daphne Maxwell Reid."

Why not have a reunion without old Aunt Viv? I saw Carlton do a talk and mentioned the Old Aunt Viv and an interview with Aunt Viv and it supports the idea she seemed to have a stick up her arse.

Laws00

I am going to be one of the few people to say this but I feel like I am one of the few people who didn't care for the show.

When it went into re-runs I watched it because it was part of rotation of watching tv to the Simpsons came on.

Mr. Sam

I can't speak for anything behind the scenes but the original Aunt Viv was a wonderful character. The replacement was furniture.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
When will confessed infront of the whole family that the drugs carlton OD'd on were from his locker it was sad as hell.

"I'm sorry man....I'm sorry.......I'm sorry man........"

This one, man. The Will getting shot and Will's Dad episodes are always there for the heartstrings but this one often gets forgotten. So good.

"I was tryna' be in the video."

Fucking loved this.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Alfonso and Smith seem like they were pranksters on set or ball busters at least. She probably wanted a more professional setting? Either way I need an impartial legit behind the story on this.

Tekniqs

Alfonso and Smith seem like they were pranksters on set or ball busters at least. She probably wanted a more professional setting? Either way I need an impartial legit behind the story on this.

I asked my friends about this the other night and they said something along the lines of the old Viv wanting more screen time.

It was one of the 90's shows growing up that you watched the shit out of, then continued to watch the shit of after it went off the air. I'll still catch an episode here and there, and remember just about everything about it. It's burned into my brain.

(original Viv is SO MUCH BETTER than the replacement)

My third favorite sitcom. It's a rare period when I'm tired of the show. Will Smith's acting career was on the jump here, but unfortunately like everyone else in the show rarely showed up in anything else.

Tatyana Ali I only saw in Fakin Da Funk
Hilary's actor i only saw in Class Act and Major Payne
Vivian Banks (Dark Skin) I only saw in an episode of the Jamie Foxx show
Vivian Banks (Light Skin) nothing else
Uncle Phil's actor I only saw in Soul Food
The butler I saw in nothing else
Alfonzo I saw host a couple shows, but never seen him in another acting role. I think he was also a producer on All of Us.
Nikki's actor I only saw in Independence Day
DJ Jazzy Jeff? Shit....

The Fresh Prince did his thing though and the episode that will gets shot always sticks out to me mainly because of the moment when Carlton flipped over the food and Will was looking all serious and then he said "I was going to eat that". I also found out that he's also a fan of What's Happening too.

Yo so it was true? My brother told me this back in the 90's, but I wasn't sure if he was fucking with me. To clarify something else, did Martin really become obsessed with Gina and that made her uncomfortable so that's why in the last few episodes those two were never in the same room together?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yo so it was true? My brother told me this back in the 90's, but I wasn't sure if he was fucking with me. To clarify something else, did Martin really become obsessed with Gina and that made her uncomfortable so that's why in the last few episodes those two were never in the same room together?

Seems legit from what in just googled. Seems like Gina gets with her co-workers. Damn Gina.

t-storm

This was just the golden age of everything... Fresh Prince, Saturday morning cartoons, gaming, wrestling...

Frog-fu

Banned
One of my favourite shows of all time. I've watched it so many times now and still love it. The show is infinitely rewatchable and I can always just sit down and watch an episode when it's on.

blakep267

Great show. But when I watch it as an adult, I always seem to notice that Will and Hilary had a weird sexual chemistry going on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom