• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K Sports remains coy on if it would be interested in poaching FIFA from EA

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During its latest financial results call on Wednesday (transcribed by VGC), Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick was asked about the EA-FIFA dispute and if the 2K Sports parent would be interested in expanding its football game output, should the license become available.

Currently, Take-Two’s only soccer series is mobile management game Top Eleven, which it acquired along with developer Nordeus this summer.

“We are so thrilled to have Nordeus in the Take-Two family,” Zelnick replied. “They’re just crushing it and Top Eleven is a great, beloved title. I just couldn’t be happier to be in the soccer manager business through Top Eleven with the Nordeus team.

He added: “That’s a big step forward for us… we haven’t been in that sport before. And erm, I think I’ll leave it at that today.”

anthony2690

Banned
I can imagine they looking into how difficult/expensive it is to get the licenses for teams and player likenesses before committing.

As fifa's name alone is worthless imo.

Top Bottom