• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 warns Halo Infinite players not to Quick Resume the campaign

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The campaign, which released yesterday, is set on a large slice of a Halo ring. Dotted around the ring are armour lockers that, once found, unlock cosmetics for use in the multiplayer.

However, if you are offline or disconnected from the Halo servers, these cosmetics will not show up in your multiplayer inventory.

Unfortunately, Quick Resume has a habit of failing to connect, leaving you playing offline. And so, Halo community director Brian Jarrard tweeted to warn players against using the feature.

"The team is aware and we will eventually have a retroactive fix (you will get the cosmetics you've earned)," Jarrard said.

"For now, I recommend not continuing a Quick Resume session and making sure you're online before venturing into Zeta Halo. Thank you!"

Bridges

Quick Resume is the best new feature of the X|S but damn does it have these types of issues in TONS of games.

Basically any game that ever tries to connect to a server gets completely fucked when you resume. At least they're getting out early and addressing it but it's a wonder why the feature is even enabled in the first place for this. The multiplayer has a similar problem where you can't actually join matches if you resume.

Flutta

Banned
Problem Oops GIF

Robb

Gold Member
It’s pretty crazy that the game can’t re-connect to the servers again after using Quick Resume. Feels like a strange thing to manage to screw up..

Alx

*e - nm, may have read a post wrong.
Anyway it's a usecase the game devs should have tested, it's 100% on them.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yeah QR is really convenient but also very busted. For Halo Infinite MP, it means I constantly have to close the app first as otherwise you won't matchmake. It seems I have to do the same for SP.

Robb

Gold Member
it means I constantly have to close the app
You don’t have to close it, if you enter the academy and start any kind of gun-training session the game will re-connect while loading in to the mode, then you can just quit and go to multiplayer. At least that’s what I’ve been doing, not optimal but it’s faster than closing the game and watching splash screens I think.

onQ123

It's like 343 just took the Series S/X handbooks & tossed them to the side & just did whatever they wanted to do like we will cross that bridge when we get to it lol

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Quick Resume sucks.
I play almost all online games - if a game is quick resumed - you HAVE to start it, exit, then restart for online to work.
There needs to be an option to disable it.

You’re aware of how to close an app on Xbox, right?

Naked Lunch

You’re aware of how to close an app on Xbox, right?
Yeah but sometimes I forget to quit the game properly and just turn off my console - and when my Xbox starts back up that game is stuck in Quick Resume mode.
Its a minor annoyance - but like I said - I only play multiplayer games so quick resume is useless. I want to turn it off.

Top Bottom