• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Person Action Lovers - We eatin' gooood >>

Valt7786

Picked up that Soulstice. I loved it for the first half of the game or so. Felt like a real DMC love letter.
But then it stole the shitty dmc reboots Red/Blue enemies mechanic and threw fucking landmines that react to either aura as well as being staggered by hitting the wrong enemy with the wrong aura. Now it's just feels frustrating. You're punished for using your ghost sisters "parry/counter" ability if you buy certain skills.
Great foundation for a game, but they really fucked up with some of the mechanics in my opinion. If they can do some patches and buffs/nerfs to things it could be great.

PJX

Picked up that Soulstice. I loved it for the first half of the game or so. Felt like a real DMC love letter.
But then it stole the shitty dmc reboots Red/Blue enemies mechanic and threw fucking landmines that react to either aura as well as being staggered by hitting the wrong enemy with the wrong aura. Now it's just feels frustrating. You're punished for using your ghost sisters "parry/counter" ability if you buy certain skills.
Great foundation for a game, but they really fucked up with some of the mechanics in my opinion. If they can do some patches and buffs/nerfs to things it could be great.

Well that's really disappointing to hear. I was about to buy it off Amazon but wanted to see what a few people had to say. Seems like your opinion ring true with others. I'll pass until they patch out that color and nonsense mechanics.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m buying most of them. I will skip some just cause of over saturation. I am getting Valkyrie and GoW. Star Ocean was good even if it has JRPG combat to it. This is what I like already and have liked for years now. I was thinking about each release of Dark Souls the other day. How moving forward with new games doesn’t make you completely forget about what came before it. I played Automata on PS4, but I want the switch version for the portability. Definitely want Bayonetta 3. I have the Trinity edition preordered. I liked the Wo Long demo. Played it for 3 hours. Wondering if Lies or P is going to be good or an over hyped clone.

Last edited:

Valt7786

Well that's really disappointing to hear. I was about to buy it off Amazon but wanted to see what a few people had to say. Seems like your opinion ring true with others. I'll pass until they patch out that color and nonsense mechanics.
Yeah it's a real shame. I wanted to love it but it needs a bit of tuning to become the great game it could be.

Vick

Gold Member
The Marvel movies of gaming
stfu.gif

Astral Dog

damn son, can't even mention Bayonetta 3 without taking a huge dump on it on a whole paragraph because its on the Switch, even though it was only made because Nintendo is providing the funds and support

i think it already looks fantastic as it is👌 will be the most ambitious portable action game ever made and a crown jewel in the Switch lineup, GameCube my ass

Last edited:
Top Bottom