• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5--4--3--2--1 Thunderbirds are go

bunkum

Thunderbirds Coming To North America
By Andrew 'Talon' Wilson @ 11:55 AM :: GameBoy Advance :: 0 Comments
Quite a few games have surfaced in the past couple weeks before their official press release announcements and not too long ago, an update to Vivendi Universal Games' website has brought forth yet another. According to its coming soon area, it'll soon be releasing SCi Entertainment's Thunderbirds here in North America for the Game Boy Advance. Thunderbirds, which is based off the old English marionette show of the same name, has players taking on the role of the a group called the Thunderbirds (hence the title), while trying to stop a criminal called The Hood from taking over the world. The game has players making use of a variety of rescue vehicles both on Earth and in space, and will feature 9 levels, and modes of play including Flight and Adventure. Thunderbirds is slated for release later this summer.

http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=8700

Such an obvious bomb and I'm glad for it. How dare they ruin such a pleasureful show with these kids. It's no longer Thunderbirds, it's Spy Kids with ships.

belgurdo

Banned
DarthWufei said:
Such an obvious bomb and I'm glad for it. How dare they ruin such a pleasureful show with these kids. It's no longer Thunderbirds, it's Spy Kids with ships.

I saw the commercials and thought, "WTF is this, Spy Kids 4?" Then I saw the ships and thought, "no good could come from this"

xsarien

daedsiluap
DarthWufei said:

An apt description. The only Spy Kids I've seen is the first one, so if I had to judge off of that, Thunderbirds should be tolerable in a "Oh, that's kinda cool," kind of way. It looks a little too light-hearted to be a mainstream summer blockbuster, but, you know...HBO fodder.

I remember when going to visit VU for a New York press expo a few weeks ago, they were quite happy to show me all their other titles, excpet for Thunderbirds. After seeing the new Spyro, and waiting for a guy to do a demo for the new Robots game, I had some time to kill and reluctantly saw Thunderbirds afterall. Halfway through, the guy, who claimed to be the producer, gave me this "you really don't give a shit about this game, do you?" look, and he was totally right. Even he knew he has a piece of shit on his hands.

Blackbird

FortNinety said:
I remember when going to visit VU for a New York press expo a few weeks ago, they were quite happy to show me all their other titles, excpet for Thunderbirds. After seeing the new Spyro, and waiting for a guy to do a demo for the new Robots game, I had some time to kill and reluctantly saw Thunderbirds afterall. Halfway through, the guy, who claimed to be the producer, gave me this "you really don't give a shit about this game, do you?" look, and he was totally right. Even he knew he has a piece of shit on his hands.

The Robots game looks more interesting to me. Anything you can tell us about that?
But about the Thunderbirds game (yes, the second one on the GBA already)... It looks horrible! Sorry to say, but it's becoming more common every single day: top titles are used to create a simple game with below-average graphics, and more important, straight-forward 'ancient' gameplay.

Blackbird said:
The Robots game looks more interesting to me. Anything you can tell us about that?
But about the Thunderbirds game (yes, the second one on the GBA already)... It looks horrible! Sorry to say, but it's becoming more common every single day: top titles are used to create a simple game with below-average graphics, and more important, straight-forward 'ancient' gameplay.

Robots looked fairly interesting. Even though I saw a super early build, it was pretty tight, and I expect the finished product to be pretty competent.

Maybe because it was the end of the day, or he just liked me, but the producer went into great detail regarding all the tricks that were used to get some rather impressive results out of the PS2 hardware. He also said that Blue Sky (the creator of the film) was heavily involved, providing plenty of assets to insure that the game lives up the movie.

I saw a trailer for the film and it looked decent.... no where near Pixar quality, but good enough. Funny thing is how he said that Fox is going to spend more money promoting Robots than any other movie in their history, and that's including Star Wars (!?).

Top Bottom