• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$500 cans on, this is how you dream right - Official Headphone Thread

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Rockets arrived today.

And one channel isn't working at all.

Great confidence booster for my "I need something to bear the elements this summer" pair. :lol

Not a huge deal, they'll go back tomorrow and hopefully another pair will arrive in time. Eep.

Rockets arrived today.

And one channel isn't working at all.

Great confidence booster for my "I need something to bear the elements this summer" pair. :lol

Not a huge deal, they'll go back tomorrow and hopefully another pair will arrive in time. Eep.

Wait, what? Was that a new pair you ordered? If so, I'm amazed that something like that passed QC. Then again... I still remember the time when MF over at Head-Fi had her custom JH Roxannes delivered only for there to be... absolutely nothing inside of the case :l

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Wait, what? Was that a new pair you ordered? If so, I'm amazed that something like that passed QC. Then again... I still remember the time when MF over at Head-Fi had her custom JH Roxannes delivered only for there to be... absolutely nothing inside of the case :l

Yeah brand new. Tried a few sources, and wiggling to see if something's loose but nothing. Completely dead. Definitely a deliciously ironic surprise.

traveler

Not Wario
Referred here by the new PC thread. What would be the best gaming headset <$300 these days? The Sennheiser 363Ds referenced in the OP of the PC thread? The Philips Fidelio X1? (or the more recently released X2)

Is there a big enough difference in sound quality between a headset for the money vs headphones that I should go for headphones and just find a workaround/deal with worse audio when chatting while playing? (I wouldn't really mind as the quality headphones are more of a draw for solo stuff)

Was thinking of picking up the Xonar DGX sound card alongside it. If quality surround is the priority, will that and a pair work fine or should I get an amp instead/get an amp and the card? Sorry for the flood of questions; kind of new to this space.

AlanOC91

Got some ASTRO A50 Wireless for €130 thanks to a deal in a local store. Was kinda reluctant to drop so much money on a headset. They replaced my Logitech G430s.

On initial setup I was super disappointed as the quality was awful and there was static. Then I realised I had to change default windows playback to optical audio instead of the headset and the quality improved massively. It's actually amazing. Crystal clear.

Probably the best method I've ever used to hear music/games.

endre

I thought to ask for advice here. I received today my Sennheiser RS 120 (70 EURO) headphones and I am not satisfied with them. The hiss from the analog wireless connection is more annoying then I expected, they are quieter then expected, and the bass is distorted at higher volumes.

I am considering exchanging it to RS 165 (160 EURO). Obviously this is an ungrateful question, but could could I expect noticeable improvements in sound quality between the two? I am even considering going for a full refund and ordering the RS 180 on Amazon.

GAF, please help a rookie out here.

I started working a few months ago and have about an hour of commute in total each day, which is very, very boring to say the least. My old in ear headphones don't really work any more, so I thought about getting new ones.

Now I found the Sony MDR-1A and the MDR-1ADAC. As I understand it, these are basically the same headphones but the 1ADAC has a DAC built in and costs 50&#8364; more.

What I don't really get is: What does the DAC actually do and is it worth the higher price? I mean I know it converts the analogue signal into a digital one, but what would the effects be?

As I said, I'd mostly use the headphones on the commute to work with my phone and about the same time with my PC and only occasionally on an actual stereo. So it's going to be a mix from youtube and MP3s to FLAC and CDs.

GAF, please help a rookie out here.

I started working a few months ago and have about an hour of commute in total each day, which is very, very boring to say the least. My old in ear headphones don't really work any more, so I thought about getting new ones.

Now I found the Sony MDR-1A and the MDR-1ADAC. As I understand it, these are basically the same headphones but the 1ADAC has a DAC built in and costs 50€ more.

What I don't really get is: What does the DAC actually do and is it worth the higher price? I mean I know it converts the analogue signal into a digital one, but what would the effects be?

As I said, I'd mostly use the headphones on the commute to work with my phone and about the same time with my PC and only occasionally on an actual stereo. So it's going to be a mix from youtube and MP3s to FLAC and CDs.

This is the old thread, you should post your question here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029724

Amagon

I'm one of many that purchase the HD598 SE over the weekend and have a question. Is their a cable available I can use with the 598 that has volume control? Thanks!

So it's my Tma-1s 4/5th birthday and have been extremolo happy with name. They're still soldiering on.
However maybe it's time for a change.

These look awesome and on amazon for £120.
Wireless with option of wired. Inbuilt mic and sound cancellation.
How will they compare with the tma-1 any other recommendations?

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/au...hones/plantronics-backbeat-pro-1271167/review

This thread is dead, come to the new OT:http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1029724

Top Bottom