• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

505 Games to publish Suikoden spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

505 Games will publish Rabbit & Bear Studios-developed Suikoden spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, the company announced. The Kickstarter-funded RPG is planned for release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2022, with a potential release on Switch or otherwise next-generation Nintendo hardware.

“We have dreamed of developing a game for genre fans for many years which also celebrates everything we love and have learned as game designers,” studio lead Yoshitaka Murayama said in a press release. “Our team is looking forward to working with 505 Games to bring Eiyuden Chronicle to as many fans around the world as possible.”

Murayama continued, “Eiyuden Chronicle is both a throwback to the classic RPG games that have entertained millions and a modern, exciting tale of discovery and adventure featuring a cast of hundreds of fully realized characters. Given their success and history with titles like Bloodstained and Death Stranding, and with the strong personal relationship we have developed with the people there, we feel we have the perfect partner in 505 Games.”

In a blog post, Murayama said that the partnership will allow Rabbit & Bear Studios to “fully control the direction and atmosphere of the game, as well as its rights.”

Here is an overview of the game, via 505 Games:

Featuring a unique setting, carefully-crafted storyline and a massive cast of characters, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is a celebration of a game-genre readily associated with studio lead Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I and II) and director Osamu Komuta. Both parties hope this title to be the first of many that come out of this partnership.

Originally announced as a Kickstarter campaign in July 2020, the game surpassed its funding goal with the first day and went on to become the most successful campaign on Kickstarter for a video game in 2020. Eiyuden Chronicle will feature a traditional six-character battle system utilizing painstakingly created 2D sprites and gorgeous 3D backgrounds with a deep and intricate story written by master storyteller Murayama-san.

Rabbit & Bear features a team of renowned videogame veterans including: Murayama, Komuta as well as Junko Kawano, Osamu Komuta, Junichi Murakami, Michiko Naruke and Motoi Sakuraba. These individuals have credits including Wild Arms, Time Hollow, and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and are considered pioneers in the field of JPRG (Japanese role-playing games.) These franchises alone consist of multiple titles and millions of units sold.

ID5BNKA.png

Jedge

I didn't fund this one on kickstarter because i'm still salty about Project Phoenix.
most likely will pick it up this up on PC hopefully

FourEyesGod

Neo Member
yeaaah,i hope the specs wont be too demanding xD, i just bought a budget gaming laptop, and i still like playing suikoden 2 from time to time on emulator, still one of my favorite game.

manzo

How 505 handled Bloodstained, I'm glad I didn't back this. I'm happy for the team to be able to do a spiritual sequel to Suikoden, but I'm done with Kickstarters.

Top Bottom