• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

59 Million Americans Prohibited From Buying High-End Dell Gaming PCs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:

HTK

Banned
Please watch JayzTwoCents on this subject, I agree with the other guy. Alienware not being able to sell at the moment is a godsend for consumers.

Cringe. "Tall-a-tarian"

I'd say OP and the video guy are both retarded but I actually clicked on the thread and video so what does that make me? Was going to report OP but now I'll just report myself.

His "About Me" section:

"First Off, I'm about real and interesting things going on in this world !! IF YOU ARE TOO CLOSE MINDED, THIS CHANNEL IS NOT FOR YOU! I Deliver Fresh News When I Can On Live Events! I report on Earthquakes or crazy weather, Sun Activity, Asteroids and Comets, Government , Conspiracies and other Staged Events !! FOR THOSE OF YOU SEEKING TRUTH!! YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE , WELCOME TO MY PAGE AND ENJOY THE OVER 5,000 VIDEOS AND DAILY NEWS!"

This dude is fat, isn't he? I'd discuss the merits of his argument but people who are able to read have actually talked about this much more in-depth and without all the "libtard bad" shit. Plus we've already had a few threads on this.

Quasicat

Lucky people. After my piece of crap Dell I bought over a decade ago, I don’t plan to ever give them my money again.

Spitfire098

Scared Horror GIF

Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

rnlval

Literally fake news.
It's real, but "banned" should have been an extra $$$ certification via 3rd party expense.

My PC with ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming motherboard has an expandability score of 795 which is above the 690 score threshold, it's above 600 watts 80plus gold rated PSU and GPU frame buffer higher than 600 GB/s.

Above the 690 score threshold, the PC would be defined as a "high expandability PC".

Lower cost motherboard designs may have lower scores that need to be CEC Phase 2 certified which is an extra cost.

Last edited:

rnlval

California state government's solar mandate enforces that solar panels are required on all single-family residences and multi-family residences up to three stories high.

VS

Australia, the federal government pays for solar panels via the rebate scheme and it was introduced by border protectionist center-right wing government in the early 2000s. The solar panels on my roof were mostly paid for by the federal government.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
California state government's solar mandate enforces that solar panels are required on all single-family residences and multi-family residences up to three stories high.

VS

Australia, the federal government pays for solar panels via the rebate scheme and it was introduced by border protectionist center-right wing government in the early 2000s. The solar panels on my roof were mostly paid for by the federal government.
Fortunately, homes in California are extremely affordable at the average price of two kidneys, your soul, and a few million dollars, so it's easy to budget in the price of a solar install.

Boss Mog

If it's true that you can't buy a gaming PC in certain states because they deem them to be too power hungry, then I really don't understand how anybody can defend that. If the state can't generate enough power then it needs to generate more, period. If it's not about power generation, but instead enforcing some kind of environmental policy I'm sure there are plenty of businesses in those states that are way worse offenders than gamers who want a powerful PC, so start with those.

DarthPutin

kind of environmental policy I'm sure there are plenty of businesses in those states that are way worse offenders than gamers who want a powerful PC, so start with those.
For sure, but nevermind gamers - some people need powerful PC for work.

hlm666

Wasn't this about power consumption during sleep or some shit not actually when the machine is being used? If that is true just disable sleep so the machine shuts right down by default yeh?

Edit: also don't think dell have 59 million rtx gpus to put into their boxes of shit anyway, and not sure how many eol gtx cards they have left but probably even less than rtx ones.

Last edited:
Anybody into guns knows that Cali won't stop with complete builds. They'll be banning component sales within 3 years to prove their salary isn't an embezzlement of taxpayer funds.

reksveks

Odd, this regulation was known about for years prior to being enforced and every other competing computer company handled the requirement without issue.
To be fair, Alienware does have a sku that's 120 usd more that okay. I don't get why they want to have a sku that doesn't but think it's to hit a price point for marketing.

Kuranghi

Cringe. "Tall-a-tarian"

I'd say OP and the video guy are both retarded but I actually clicked on the thread and video so what does that make me? Was going to report OP but now I'll just report myself.

His "About Me" section:

"First Off, I'm about real and interesting things going on in this world !! IF YOU ARE TOO CLOSE MINDED, THIS CHANNEL IS NOT FOR YOU! I Deliver Fresh News When I Can On Live Events! I report on Earthquakes or crazy weather, Sun Activity, Asteroids and Comets, Government , Conspiracies and other Staged Events !! FOR THOSE OF YOU SEEKING TRUTH!! YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE , WELCOME TO MY PAGE AND ENJOY THE OVER 5,000 VIDEOS AND DAILY NEWS!"

This dude is fat, isn't he? I'd discuss the merits of his argument but people who are able to read have actually talked about this much more in-depth and without all the "libtard bad" shit. Plus we've already had a few threads on this.

Hopefully just bad grammar but this reads like he's saying that all the mentioned preceeding things are "staged events" lmao but also "conspiracies" are staged events too so he's really kinda shot himself in the foot there. *insincere voice* This guy is all over the place!

Imagine you went to an event organised by this man and he was like "Let me tell you about the latest SUN ACTIVITY and GOVERNMENT staged events", I'd defintely stay just for a laugh.

5hyrpx.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Because the cost to build your own PC is actually more expensive than it is to buy one. And that's even if you can actually find a GPU at MSRP. It's been like this for a while now.

Why exactly? What should people be buying for a pre-built PC? What makes that brand better?

Building may not be a viable option, but there are still better pre-builts than Alienware.

I'd probably opt for a brand like Asus though. There stuff is not bad.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's not like all PCs are in violation. Just a handful of models. It's on the vendor to comply with the requirements which looks like is being done already by competitors (and within their own other products). Energy efficiency is a good thing. I equate this to a car model failing the emissions requirements. Everybody knows what the rules are, and if you don't meet them that's on you. The reactions are a bit over the top but hey it's the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom