• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

59% of Horizon Forbidden West sales were on PS5.

Tommi84

Careful. People will come and argue the PS5 box is worth $10 more.
I paid 10 more for the box and the possibility to play it faster (ps4 box would require me to download the full game and my internet is slow'ish)

Some people may also have data caps so avoiding the download of 90+ GB is a plus for them

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's not sold on the actual PS5 UI.

It is mentioned in legal info, but there's no way to buy it.

Here's where the "editions" are listed:

FN6PjdWVEAIsNsw

It does have the same legal info as the other stores, since you know, people always scroll down to read legal info lol
Yeah, I must admit, they are being sneaky fucks with this.

My buddy was buying it the day it came out, thankfully I was at his house and told him not to hit purchase on there and to do it on the app. It's only $10, but more so out of principal.

$10 more for strippers now.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Yeah, I must admit. They are being sneaky fucks with this.

My buddy was buying it the day it came out, thankfully I was at his house and told him not to hit purchase on there and to do it on the app. It's only $10, but more so out of principal.

$10 more for strippers now.
I think Jim Ryan has far more need for strippers than I. So I bought the digital deluxe.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
On the web? Yeah the info is there, to say it's clear is.. well I don't agree. The first screen has a big purchase button for 69.99 then you scroll and there is a single bullet point on the PS4 version that lacks the word "free." Then yeah it's under "legal info" spelled out.. sure.. people totally read that stuff lol If you don't think these things are purposeful, I have a bridge to sell you.

On the PS5? No, it doesn't, like not at all. The PS4 version isn't mentioned or displayed, I don't think it's accessible at all from the PS5 UI.

You went from saying, "It's not on the PS page at all" to "no one is going to scroll down"
You can select editions. Now you want to argue that it lacks the word "free." Don't have time for mental gymnastics and goalpost moving. It's on the page and it's clear. I'm done. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You understand that a good chunk PS5 users bought the PS4 version right? As such you can't draw any conclusion from these numbers.

We can't really say either way with any certainty.

A number of users in that last topic went ballistic when others suggested that it was a waste of $10 to get the PS5 version, i-e there are a number of PS5 owners who are happy to spend the extra $10 even when presented with a cheaper option for the exact same game just because of the plastic casing it comes in.

Either way, on paper we know 41% of the games sales were the PS4 version. That's the key point.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Thats a very good result for both systems imo, some people still using that old PS4 will eventually upgrade to 5 when its convenient, there is no rush

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You understand that a good chunk PS5 users bought the PS4 version right? As such you can't draw any conclusion from these numbers.
Definitely true.

People still are way underestimating PS4 copy sales on this forum for Sony cross-gen games in general by looking at only UK boxed chart numbers.. which BTW for HFW were around 10% lower than this "Across europe" data that covers both retail and digital.

PS4 copy sales are still really significant for any given game.

And people need to stop thinking UK boxed sales are something you can extrapolate as meaningful to WW or even European sales numbers.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You went from saying, "It's not on the PS page at all" to "no one is going to scroll down"
You can select editions. Now you want to argue that it lacks the word "free." Don't have time for mental gymnastics and goalpost moving. It's on the page and it's clear. I'm done. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I said not on the PS5 page at all.

I meant the actual PS5 UI, which I posted screenshots of.

There is no "PS5 page" on the web as it's one page.. so maybe that should have been a clue for you.. I'll admit it wasn't perfectly clear, but it's also perfectly clear you aren't in this for a real convo with that absolute corny response.

here's another screenshot for the new page:

FN6PjdWVEAIsNsw

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Careful. People will come and argue the PS5 box is worth $10 more.
I'd argue that actually. The graphics look much better on PS5 and the dualsense makes the bow combat way better

The dualsense is essential to the feel of the combat and the overall experience IMHO

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I'd argue that actually. The graphics look much better on PS5 and the dualsense makes the bow combat way better

The dualsense is essential to the feel of the combat and the overall experience IMHO
That's nice and all but those upgrades don't cost anything, the ps5 version comes with the ps4 disc, for free.

Lognor

Banned
Cool. Whereas Playstation is no longer the home to Souls games, it is still the home to Horizon Zero Dawn games. Well done, Jim!

KungFucius

King Snowflake
When it’s all said and done PS5 will be the greatest console of all time.
Clearly you did not play Horizon on PS5. The game has major framerate issues and the worst bugs I have ever seen on a console. It was like an Elder Scrolls game on PC with the WTF bugs. I once lost the ability to use the X button. The PS5 is underpowered. The game could use some work too, but FFS it is a first party showcase. It showed me the PS5 is Pussy Spec 5.

PS4 copy here; I'll upgrade it to PS5 down the line.

I really need to sink in more time before the weekend on it though. Wednesday and Friday aught to be good days for some sweet Aloy lovin'.

Codeblew

I am still waiting on getting a PS5 before I buy any new games. Just playing older games now and hating every minute of the loading times.

EDMIX

well Sony basically did all they could to hide it. even going as far as wording it weirdly.
on the page for the PS5 version it said "includes PS4 and PS5 version"
while the PS4 page said something like "upgradable to PS5", basically leaving you wondering if the upgrade costs money or not

nahhhh buddy. One would have to be really short bus levels of slow not to know its free. They are literally telling you this man.

Copied this from the exact page where it shows 3 versions side-by-side. Have to ignore you because you have a habit of doing this.

Easiest ignore to make tbh.

A standard edition on PS4, literally list a PS5 version at no additional cost. If someone can't understand that means free, they either can't read, can't comprehend pure and simple logic or just slow in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom