• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Month Apple TV+ Subscription or Extension For PS5 Owners

LordCBH

Apple Tv + is really good. They have quality over quantity. I could give you like 6 or 7 shows that are definitely worth watching. Hopefully they can speed up their releases though, they need more if they want people to pay

I can’t fucking wait for Foundation.

SLB1904

Banned
Fuck anything Apple.
Is there anything worth watching on the sub?
images

GHG

Apple Tv + is really good. They have quality over quantity. I could give you like 6 or 7 shows that are definitely worth watching. Hopefully they can speed up their releases though, they need more if they want people to pay

Yep, 100% agreed and the picture quality of all of their shows/films is fantastic. I've also just started buying movies I really want about once a week from the service as well since all of the modern stuff is 4k dolby vision/atmos.

Actually considering cancelling my Netflix sub for the first time ever and then just resubbing if something like a new season of stranger things arrives.

Can't wait to get this deal when I'm home , oh wait I still can't find a ps5 anywhere . Fuck u Sony and double fuck the scalpers

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, Mythic Quest, Little America, Defending Jacob, Palmer, Greyhound, Trying, Schmigadoon, and Morning Show. Im missing a few.

edit : Wolfwalkers, Dickinson and Central Park as well.

I quite liked Teheran about a female Mossad spy who's deep undercover in Iran. There's also that Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound" that's worth a watch.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I didn't renew after my free 12 month trial with my iPhone purchase expired. There are a few great shows like mythic quest and Ted lasso, but nowhere near enough imo. Prime, disney+, and Netflix are all substantially better.

Free is free though so people may as well do it.

Markio128

This is a great deal and I’ve just signed up for the 6 months. I thought I’d watch the first episode of Ted Lasso, being a football fan, and I love it already.

Slaylock

see
* for all mankind
* defending jacob
* mythic quest
* morning show
* ted lasso
mosquito coast
home before dark
* greyhound
* the banker
I've seen all episodes of everything with an asterisk. I'd also recommend Tehran and Physical.

There's not the total amount of content as other services, but the average quality is higher.

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
So what's worth watching on it?
See is good. For All Mankind is good as well. There's some good movies there as well. They are launching a series of the Asimov Foundation series later this year as well which looks very cool.

Sinthor

Gold Member
see
for all mankind
defending jacob
mythic quest
morning show
ted lasso
mosquito coast
home before dark
greyhound
the banker
Greyhound was awesome! Good list actually. Some really good shows there. I can't wait for the Foundation series!

Shmunter

FYI, there may be multiple ways to redeem this. For me it was outside of the app on the dashboard via clickable tile. Same like updating a PS4 game to PS5

Shmunter

See is good. For All Mankind is good as well. There's some good movies there as well. They are launching a series of the Asimov Foundation series later this year as well which looks very cool.

Edit, meaning for All Mankind

Is it super woke all the way through? I’ll never forget the poor USA nasa receptionist viewing on tv the noble Communist Russians having a woman astronaut. Oh my, how advanced the commies are compared to the USA misogynistic culture, etc.

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Do people in the UK like Ted Lasso or what? I've never read a review from over there.

Jaysen

Banned
Is it super woke all the way through? I’ll never forget the poor USA nasa receptionist viewing on tv the noble Communist Russians having a woman astronaut. Oh my, how advanced the commies are compared to the USA misogynistic culture, etc.
What?

Shmunter

If you want to deny yourself a great show over something so stupid, go for it.
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.....holy jumping to conclusions Batman

I stopped watching the show because it felt monotone to me, nothing to do with woke nonsense. I made that observation and asked a question....on a discussion forum.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Edit, meaning for All Mankind

Uh...I dunno. I didn't think it was too bad. EVERYTHING has something woke in it these days. It's just a matter of degrees, it seems. I thought the series was good to watch overall so far though.

Gamerguy84

Watching my first episode of Ted Lasso in a minute. Had Apple TV for a while and didn't know it because the women of the house never told me.

Top Bottom