• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 Yakuza games coming to PlayStation Plus in 2022, starting this month

Draugoth

Gold Member

7f826f93bbd7d63d707e07fa524e5587f2f81032-scaled.jpg

August:-

• Yakuza: Like a Dragon | August | PlayStation Plus Essential / Extra / Premium
  • Yakuza 0 | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
  • Yakuza Kiwami | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
Coming later this year:-

• Yakuza 3 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
  • Yakuza 5 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So are they gonna do like one franchise per month (last one was AC)? Would prefer a bit more variety, but alright.

DaGwaphics

No reason for anyone who doesn't have either GP or PS+ to try these fantastic games now.

I guess the fact that you think they are fantastic might be enough. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I get what you were going for though, I just couldn't help myself. Kidding aside, I agree that GP and PS+ members should give them a go. I have to get around to it one of these days.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Everybody and their mother should at least give a decent try to Yakuza 0 or Yakuza Like a Dragon. Both are good entry points and amazing games on their own.

Fbh

Have them all except for Kiwami 2.
Still really cool though.

Anything that brings more fans onboard the franchise is good

Vyse

Gold Member
That is amazing. Love these games. Finishing up 6 right now. Going to play the Judgement games next.

Raven117

Gold Member
The more exposure, the better.

(But be warned, starting with Zero means you are starting with the best of the series...that game is truly...truly awesome).

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The premium tier divide for 3 games in the middle is a real fucking weird decision.

Wait so premium tier can legit receive games that won't drop on Extra?

I always came to the impression that wouldn't be the case.

Premium would offer an extended catalogue because it offers older gen games, trials and cloud stuff.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Premium would offer an extended catalogue because it offers older gen games, trials and cloud stuff.

I think they're classifying it like that because Yakuza 3 4 and 5 are PS3 remasters.

Which makes little sense because the remasters were released as a collection as a PS4 SKU. So they should qualify as PS4 games.

So are they gonna do like one franchise per month (last one was AC)? Would prefer a bit more variety, but alright.
Yeah it is a strange move, I wonder if there are other games coming out too? Maybe it is easier from a licensing perspective to just get a whole series than to try and piecemeal out individual games.

The premium tier divide for 3 games in the middle is a real fucking weird decision.
I kind of admire how faithfully they are sticking to their pedantic and arbitrary logic of these tiers. It makes sense, it just doesn't really make sense.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I think they're classifying it like that because Yakuza 3 4 and 5 are PS3 remasters.

Which makes little sense because the remasters were released as a collection as a PS4 SKU. So they should qualify as PS4 games.

Exactly. Let's hoping they clarify on this.

Belthazar

All PS1/PS2/PS3/Vita remasters count as classics for Sony, so they're on premium. Kiwanis 1 and 2 are on extra because they're full-on remakes. It's not that complicated, their message is: just sub to premium if you want everything, it's the same price as Gamepass anyway (but it also includes online play, you have to pay $60 more to get that on Xbox).

MadPanda

Banned
Always happy to see this series get more exposure, remember to start with Yakuza 0, it's the perfect introduction point of the Kiryu saga.
I strongly disagree. My first game was yakuza kiwami, then I tried yakuza 0 and couldn't stand it. Gave up after approx 1/3rd. It's too long and broad. For long standing fans it's amazing but for newcomers not so much. All of this is my opinion, so everyone is free to disagree.

ManaByte

it's the same price as Gamepass anyway (but it also includes online play, you have to pay $60 more to get that on Xbox).

What? No. Premium is $3 more a month than Gamepass Ultimate and online play is included in Gamepass Ultimate. It's not $60 more. GP Ultimate is $14.99 a month and PS+ Premium is $17.99 a month. PS+ Extra is the same price as Ultimate.

Last edited:
All PS1/PS2/PS3/Vita remasters count as classics for Sony, so they're on premium. Kiwanis 1 and 2 are on extra because they're full-on remakes. It's not that complicated, their message is: just sub to premium if you want everything, it's the same price as Gamepass anyway (but it also includes online play, you have to pay $60 more to get that on Xbox).

They have the Mafia Remake on premium and the far cry 3 remaster in extra

They may as well be throwing darts at the board

Belthazar

What? No. Premium is $3 more a month than Gamepass Ultimate and online play is included in Gamepass Ultimate. It's not $60 more. GP Ultimate is $14.99 a month and PS+ Premium is $17.99 a month. PS+ Extra is the same price as Ultimate.

Gamepass ultimate lacks a yearly subscription option, so ultimate is $180 a year, while PS+ Premium is $120.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They have the Mafia Remake on premium and the far cry 3 remaster in extra

They may as well be throwing darts at the board

Don't they also have TLoU 1 on Premium even though they're using the PS4 remastered version, which is significantly better/different ?

Gamepass ultimate lacks a yearly subscription option, so ultimate is $180 a year, while PS+ Premium is $120.

GPU is $60 + 1 a year with gold conversion.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Too late, own them all.

lol pretty much.

I'm happy others get to play it that might have been holding off though. I'm sure its a great service, but I just never see me paying for such a thing.

I love all the steelbooks Sega put out last gen too much lol

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
That is partly true, that is if you only chose 1 month otherwise ps+ premium is cheaper, in Eu it is 120€ vs 156€.

YCoCg

I strongly disagree. My first game was yakuza kiwami, then I tried yakuza 0 and couldn't stand it. Gave up after approx 1/3rd. It's too long and broad. For long standing fans it's amazing but for newcomers not so much. All of this is my opinion, so everyone is free to disagree.
I know people who have started with 0 and thought Kiwami 1 was a worse off game which meant that would've been a bad point.

Top Bottom