• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8bitdo wired Xbox controller (with back buttons) is out now!

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Anyone tried if this thing work on epic store?
If you are asking if it works with the Epic Games Store app for navigating the store and launching the games, no it does not.
If you are asking if it works with the games you install from the epic games store, as long as the game supports a controller, yes it does.

I played some FF7R with this the other day, worked great.

GymWolf

If you are asking if it works with the Epic Games Store app for navigating the store and launching the games, no it does not.
If you are asking if it works with the games you install from the epic games store, as long as the game supports a controller, yes it does.

I played some FF7R with this the other day, worked great.
Thanks buddy, but recent reviews made me rethink my purchase idea.

Banned
DIAGONAL INPUTS DON'T REGISTER CORRECTLY

anyone who wants to see one of this controller's biggest issues in action, play Resident Evil 8 (the demo should work too) and move your camera diagonally.
you will find that the camera movement will be drastically too slow.

in some games this is a huge issue with this controller... i really hope they will fix it, but I have no idea how to report this as they don't seem to have a forum or official subreddit

Haven't noticed it. Oh well.

try RE8, that game showcases the issue the best. it seems to affect some games more tha others.

in any case people should know that this controller does have isssues atm... and I have no idea how to report them tbh

GymWolf

try RE8, that game showcases the issue the best. it seems to affect some games more tha others.

in any case people should know that this controller does have isssues atm... and I have no idea how to report them tbh
8bit official reddit maybe?

Banned
On an unrelated note, i don't know how i phil about your girlfriend...
will-smith-keep-my-wife-name-out-your-fcking-mouth-gif.gif

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I heard people praising that thing like the second coming of jesus but it was more like the turd coming of judas...

Not to be evil, but i suspect the majority were nintendo only fans who can recognise a good controller to save their lives.

I'm pretty sure that an elite controller only feels a scam when it broke, not since day one, but i never had one of those so who knows...

Well imo its a very decent controllers with nice ergonomics and overal performance ie: good enough for me.

Not really interested to try it out to be honoust but I believe you and it should be made known and fixed for sure. Good for pointing it out mate

GymWolf

Well imo its a very decent controllers with nice ergonomics and overal performance ie: good enough for me.

Not really interested to try it out to be honoust but I believe you and it should be made known and fixed for sure. Good for pointing it out mate
Very decent is a bit rough for 70 dollars.

Dual sense cost that much and it feels way more quality, and everyone and their mother knows how much i troll that thing for the useless gimmicks.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
70? I think I got it for 40 or such? 70 is waaaaaaaay to steep. Now I see where your coming from. Bought mine at switch initial launch.

Last edited:

GymWolf

70? I think I got it for 40 or such? 70 is waaaaaaaay to steep. Now I see where your coming from. Bought mine at switch initial launch.
I bough mine for 60 the monster hunter rise edition in discount, but base price is 70 euros.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That's ridiculous. Simple.

That 8bitdo is more or less the same, trust me, better dpad as well and back buttons for 45€

Just an fyi

Last edited:

Banned
what I still really don't understand is why third party controllers like these aren't simply compatible with everything...

there are dongles that do that, so it certainly is not a legal issue with licensing or anything.

so why does that wired controller not work with Xbox or PS4?

GymWolf

My xone controller is breaking up so i need something to use on pc on non-steam stores.

Did anyone checked if this thing actually work with

Epic store
Bethesda store
Ubisoft store
Rockstar store
Gog galaxy

Thanks.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It does not work with Epic Store or Gog Galaxy (don't use the Beth or R* launchers). IE you cannot navigate the store to launch games with the controller, but it works just fine playing the games (just tried out CP2077 to be sure). GymWolf GymWolf

Last edited:

GymWolf

It does not work with Epic Store or Gog Galaxy (don't use the Beth or R* launchers). IE you cannot navigate the store to launch games with the controller, but it works just fine playing the games (just tried out CP2077 to be sure). GymWolf GymWolf
I don't care about browsing with the controller but you confirm that at least on gog and epic store i can use the controller to actually play the games?

What about the ubisoft store?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom