• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8th generation pc ports that were way better than the console version.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Good morning,

My new pc is coming soon, given that this is my first gaming pc, im curious to try out some last generation titles that may have been a little too much for the hardware they were on. One game im very excited to try out is final fantasy xv. I platinumed it on the ps4 pro, but i hear the pc version is a night and day difference. Any other 8th gen titles that were severely held back by the ps4 and xbox one, but were really excellent on pc? I feel like most sony first party games like horizon zero dawn already looked amazing on ps4 pro, so there wasn’t much the pc version needed to do there. But a game like arkham knight which is stuck at a low resolution and poor frame-rate on consoles might be a good example.

Ulysses 31

Thats interesting, i assumed that it already ran about as good as it could on ps4/xbone given its a 7th gen title
Was comparing it to the 7th gen versions of Dark Souls and not the PS4/Xbox One versions. :lollipop_grinning:

But the original PC version of Dark Souls ran pretty bad too without the DSfix.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Most of them. The majority of PC ports run better unless we're talking about shitty optimization or something. But that's the exception, not the rule.
For sure, i guess what i meant was that horizon zero dawn and the last of us part 2 look and run amazing for the hardware they were built for. You can tell they were really optimized for ps4, and I didn't look at those games and feel the ps4 was holding them back, but i definitely felt like ffxv, starwars batflefront, and the witcher 3 were significantly held back by the power of those systems.

Gaiff

Gold Member
Almost every game from the 8th gen are better on PC. Unlike the 7th gen, most ports were competent, barring the obvious horrible ones like Arkham Knight.

I don't think any game was so bad on 8th gen consoles that it was effectively a different game on PC. Some on PC such as Fallout 4 run way way better to the point that I wouldn't even recommend playing the console version but this isn't Crysis PS360 tier of bad.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't play the remaster of Dark Souls, it's a shit with poor lighting and botched atmosphere at places. Grab yourself the Prepare to Die Edition and DSFix, it's the better experience.

TrueLegend

Don't buy final fantasy xv from steam though....buy it from windows Store . The steam version is broken and suffers from micro freezes every 15 minutes or 5 min or 5 sec depending upon hardware.

Top Bottom