• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 Remastered Titanfall 2 maps have been datamined in Apex Legends

8BiTw0LF

Banned

TITANFALL IS COMING TO APEX LEGENDS WITH REMASTERED MAPS​

Titanfall-maps-apex-legends-1.jpg

Apex Legends dataminer KralRindo has discovered nine individual Titanfall 2 maps that have been added to the Apex Legends files following the game’s latest patch. If the datamine comes to fruition, it would be one of the biggest DLC additions to the game since launch.
The maps are rumored to be a part of the Apex Legends Capture Point LTM, which should release in the near future. It’s understood that the Titans from Titanfall 2 will not be coming to the game.
All maps added:
  • Exoplanet
  • Homestead
  • Angel City
  • Black Water Canal
  • Boneyard
  • Crash Site
  • Rise
  • Eden
  • Colony
It’s expected that these maps will be altered slightly as some parts of maps were built with Titanfall 2’s wall-running feature in mind; something that Apex Legends doesn’t have.
Titanfall-maps-apex-legends.jpg

Titanfall 2 wasn’t considered a success for EA, with the title sales being “lower than expected“. In part, it’s believed that the reason for poor sales numbers was because the title was sandwiched between the very successful Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
Fans have wanted to see a return to the series for years, but sources with knowledge of Titanfall 3’s development had said that the project didn’t leave a pre-development phase.

A few of those are Titanfall maps. Did maps like Boneyard and Colony end up in TF2? I know Angel City did.

It’s a shame what happened to TF2. They took the MP way too far in the casual route and then sandwiched the game between two… titans?

Excited Oh Boy GIF

By titans of course I mean both the juggernaut status of the two games it launched against, and the machines that are integral to the Titanfall game itself. Its two meanings, titan… homonym. Forget it.

Banned
A few of those are Titanfall maps. Did maps like Boneyard and Colony end up in TF2? I know Angel City did.

It’s a shame what happened to TF2. They took the MP way too far in the casual route and then sandwiched the game between two… titans?

Excited Oh Boy GIF

By titans of course I mean both the juggernaut status of the two games it launched against, and the machines that are integral to the Titanfall game itself. Its two meanings, titan… homonym. Forget it.

Colony was in TF2 yes, Boneyard was not I think

Last edited:

Bridges

It's better to have [gotten Titanfall] and lost [Titanfall] than to have never [gotten Titanfall] at all.

Should've been the next big thing and instead is relegated to lore and side modes within a Battle Royale that keeps none of its unique characteristics.

I'm only a little bitter that Titanfall 3 died for this, don't mind me.

Jinzo Prime

gerry dee cbc GIF by Mr. D

They need to just copy and paste the titanfall shit in, no fucking with the formula.

I'm just saying EA is facing some serious market pressure in the near future with Battlefield flopping, Need for Speed probably flopping, and EA Sports loosing the FIFA brand name. A free-to-play Call of Duty style game with a known name, known dev team, and a cosmetics sales model might be what they need to succeed.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm just saying EA is facing some serious market pressure in the near future with Battlefield flopping, Need for Speed probably flopping, and EA Sports loosing the FIFA brand name. A free-to-play Call of Duty style game with a known name, known dev team, and a cosmetics sales model might be what they need to succeed.

Sure but, I'm doubtful that prior to BF flopping magically made some other free to play GAAS shooter type thing exist. Consider BF1 moved record units, we still fucking saw TF2, we still saw APEX.

So we'll see that shit regardless as I see no evidence EA was putting their whole business on the line for 2042 lol What ever free to play shooter thing that comes out, was already being done. Its always been about many different things making money there vs eggs in 1 basket or something.

Holammer

Sounds good. Royale trend will die down eventually and the kids will flock to the crazy new "team deathmatch" mode.

PhoenixTank

It's better to have [gotten Titanfall] and lost [Titanfall] than to have never [gotten Titanfall] at all.

Should've been the next big thing and instead is relegated to lore and side modes within a Battle Royale that keeps none of its unique characteristics.

I'm only a little bitter that Titanfall 3 died for this, don't mind me.
I was pleasantly surprised by TF2. Picked it up in a recent deep discount for the campaign. Short story but some wonderful mechanics - well worth the small cost of entry.
Shameful that EA aren't fixing the MP servers and I have yet to give Northstar a punt to see how it fares.

//DEVIL//

All I’ll say is fuck everyone who didn’t buy that game when it was released . Best fps game ever made . Both 1 and 2. No seriously if you are fps fan and didn’t buy this. Fuck u lol.

Also fu respawn .not like tbis.gif

It was about human + titans. Not just the maps ..

I hate this

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont play Apex, but TF 1 had good maps. Most of them were good, except there were a few maps with lots of brown/orange buildings and colour palette that looked the same.

The only map I thought was total shit was the one (I forget what it was called) that I think was reddish and had tons of walls splitting up the map into ice cube trays. And you could get a sniper all the way at the top of the map in a drainage pipe.

Typed too fast. Thread is about TF 2 maps. Ignore my text above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom