• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90% of Call of Duty Vanguard Xbox sales, in United Kingdom, were digital

GHG

Yes, lagging. From the very article you linked. Digital was 73% on PS in 2020. From the COD example it was 90% digital on XSX. Do we know what it was on PS? If not, we can assume it is consistent with their overall digital slaes of 73%. 73% vs 90%. LAGGING.

So something that is in line with industry averages is lagging?

🤡

Lognor

Banned
So something that is in line with industry averages is lagging?

🤡
Here you go:

lag1
/laɡ/

verb
gerund or present participle: lagging

fall behind in movement, progress, or development; not keep pace with another or others.

Didn't know using the word lag correctly would trigger you.

GHG

Here you go:

lag1
/laɡ/

verb
gerund or present participle: lagging

fall behind in movement, progress, or development; not keep pace with another or others.

Didn't know using the word lag correctly would trigger you.

My guy, if something is in line with the average it is not "lagging" by any definition of the word. In order for it to lag it would need to perform below the average.

Fredrik

True. But also you can still play digital games you've purchased before they get delisted, and you can redownload them. But sometimes they remove your ability to purchase them still.
I just don’t like swapping discs, that’s why I buy everything digital nowdays. Once it was clear that I would still need the disc in the drive even though the game was fully installed on the hdd I stopped buying physical copies all together.
But still, right now I wish I had that RR6 disc 😕

tommib

I just don’t like swapping discs, that’s why I buy everything digital nowdays. Once it was clear that I would still need the disc in the drive even though the game was fully installed on the hdd I stopped buying physical copies all together.
But still, right now I wish I had that RR6 disc 😕
I went out of my way to find a PS5 Digital. Totally done with discs. The only physical I buy is for Switch because, I don't even know why. I guess I find cartridges fun but discs can GTFO.

Fredrik

I went out of my way to find a PS5 Digital. Totally done with discs. The only physical I buy is for Switch because, I don't even know why. I guess I find cartridges fun but discs can GTFO.
I’m digital on Switch too, but my wife insists on buying carts so I have to deal with some carts unfortunately. It’s annoying. I grew up playing on Amiga where games could have like 10 floppies in some cases, so yeah physical media can GTFO as you say lol

This makes a lot of sense. I used to be heavily physical game centric, at one point during the last gen I had around 900 PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games. When backwards compatibility came out on the One I started to convert everything to digital whenever sales were happening, and then sell off the disc. When Gamepads happened I got so used to loading digital that I almost stopped playing games where I had to put a disc in. Now with fast resume I won't buy any game physical unless the deal is just too freaking good to pass up. At this point I'm at around 1100 digital titles and only 300 physical. I will continue replacing my physical as deals allow me to on both the Sony and Microsoft side. The only company I can not trust with digital is Nintendo

DaGwaphics

This makes a lot of sense. I used to be heavily physical game centric, at one point during the last gen I had around 900 PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games. When backwards compatibility came out on the One I started to convert everything to digital whenever sales were happening, and then sell off the disc. When Gamepads happened I got so used to loading digital that I almost stopped playing games where I had to put a disc in. Now with fast resume I won't buy any game physical unless the deal is just too freaking good to pass up. At this point I'm at around 1100 digital titles and only 300 physical. I will continue replacing my physical as deals allow me to on both the Sony and Microsoft side. The only company I can not trust with digital is Nintendo

Party Money GIF by VCG Construction

LordBlodgett LordBlodgett flexing. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Where did you get 8.5m from? Same guy from OP suggests its at 6.7m:

The guy chart is kinda wrong.

Luckily, industry expert Daniel Ahmad has provided a reliable estimate on how many Xbox Series X/S consoles have been sold so far. He believes that Microsoft has sold over 8 million Xbox Series X/S consoles worldwide as of October 2021.Oct 28, 2021

Ps5 also is sitting at 13.5m.

ethomaz

Banned

Luckily, industry expert Daniel Ahmad has provided a reliable estimate on how many Xbox Series X/S consoles have been sold so far. He believes that Microsoft has sold over 8 million Xbox Series X/S consoles worldwide as of October 2021.Oct 28, 2021

Opposite lol

Hezekiah

Banned
It was obvious. the success of Gamepass will aclimatize Xbox users more to digital,even some Xbox users that were staunchly physical. Digital is simply easier.
And of course the fact that at least 50% of series consoles have been XSS sales, a digital only system.

In fact with Gamepass having the permanent 20% off games discount, i wouldnt be surprised if sales of FH5 on Xbox are over 90% digital.
The success of GamePass wil acclimatise Xbox users more to digital - what even more than an ongoing global pandemic lol.

xHunter

So you believe him instantly when he says that 90% of CoD sales in the UK for Xbox were digital (which i dont doubt) but you dont believe him here? Seems biased to me. Its the same guy tweeting it within the same hour so its probably from the same data set. Atleast be consistent dude.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
So you believe him instantly when he says that 90% of CoD sales in the UK for Xbox were digital (which i dont doubt) but you dont believe him here? Seems biased to me. Its the same guy tweeting it within the same hour so its probably from the same data set. Atleast be consistent dude.
Look here, The guy that is mentioned is analytic guy. He is the guy who gave the 13m ps5 and 8.5m xbox.

Xbox was always a digital console. Whether its 90% or 80%, it doesnt matter.

Topher

Gold Member
Sold Out. And it's showing me $58.99 from 3rd party retailers

It is not sold out.

4CCcg5j.png

6000 points back for the FH5 punchcard for redeeming a code which is basically $6 back making CDKeys $47 checkmate

I'll give you that one, but that isn't the case across the board for every game. The point I'm making is that it is not "always cheaper".

Forza physical is just expensive, because it gets pulled out from the service. Its like Nintendo games expensive territory,

It gets pulled "out from the service"? What?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
It gets pulled out of the service? What?
Once the license expires, forza leaves the store. It happened to motorsport.

On September 15, 2021, Forza Motorsport 7 will be delisted. This means that the game and its DLC will no longer be available to purchase in the Microsoft Store or available with Xbox Game Pass.Jul 29, 2021

Topher

Gold Member
Once the license expires, forza leaves the store. It happened to motorsport.

On September 15, 2021, Forza Motorsport 7 will be delisted. This means that the game and its DLC will no longer be available to purchase in the Microsoft Store or available with Xbox Game Pass.Jul 29, 2021

That applies to physical and digital. Has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

kingfey

Banned
Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Its one of the reason, why forza physical is expensive, and digital is cheaper.

Which means physical may be more expensive when that happens, not now. And digital won't be available at that point at all. Physical discs are not more expensive now because service will be removed one day.

here is forza 4

amazon one

Yeah.....it is $39.99 physical. Here it is on xbox.com for $59.99

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-4#purchaseoptions

Last edited:
It is not sold out.

4CCcg5j.png

I'll give you that one, but that isn't the case across the board for every game. The point I'm making is that it is not "always cheaper".

It gets pulled "out from the service"? What?
I'm from the UK and Digital has always been cheaper than Physical on Xbox consoles.

Forza Horizon 5
Digital
CD Keys: £38.99

Physical
Amazon: £49.99

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Which means physical may be more expensive when that happens, not now. And digital won't be available at that point at all. Physical discs are not more expensive now because service will be removed one day.

Yeah.....it is $39.99 physical. Here it is on xbox.com for $59.99

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-4#purchaseoptions

this is for pc and xbox one.

ultimate edition.

Digital is still cheaper.

Topher

Gold Member

this is for pc and xbox one.

ultimate edition.

Digital is still cheaper.

You already provided the cheapest price in that target link. $39.99

I'm from the UK and Digital has always been cheaper than Physical on Xbox consoles.

Forza Horizon 5
Digital
CD Keys: £38.99

Physical
Amazon: £49.99

I'll take your word for it as far as UK, but here in the US, there are cheaper options for physical, especially if you consider resell value.

Last edited:

GHG

No you just lack in reading comprehension. You're comparing it to the average which CLEARLY is not part of the definition. The word lags fits. Deal with it.

It's funny because according to you Xbox is also "lagging" in the digital space against other platforms (PC and mobile).

You clearly have no idea how to apply the word in an economic context.

sainraja

You're triggered not me😂

Nobody was saying the total amount of sales is even with this news, nobody as the Ps base is far larger from last gen and this gen in console sales.
Idiots were saying that the figures somehow proved that Xbox gamers didn't buy anything anymore due to Gamepass, despite Microsoft saying the opposite.
I stated over and over again that Xbox owners would just buy digital for a couple of reasons,

Firstly Gamepass conditions people to accept digital.
Secondly they run offers on the dash rewarding you to buy digitally.
Third with Third party key sellers allowed to sell Xbox games its cheaper.

Looks like I was vindicated yet again.
If you are done being a kid and playing the "triggering" game — who can trigger the other first, blah blah, you have to understand the value that Game Pass offers people. The value proposition it has, is access to a collection of games for a single subscription fee removing the need for people who are subscribing to it, to buy games. That is naturally going to have an effect on purchases, which should result in less purchases overall for games that are available on the service. If that's not happening at a large enough scale then people might see the collection as a bonus and are only subscribing for online play BUT Microsoft hasn't removed the option to subscribe to gold completely for online play so we can't really reach that conclusion either. They only got rid of the 12 year option as far as I know, a move they made to nudge people over to Game Pass Ultimate.

Stop calling people idiots when the very point of a forum is for people to discuss things. And if you are using a game that wasn't on the service to prove the point that GP doesn't affect sales, well, then it shouldn't (hopefully) take you long to realize why that is. :D

People that are fully investing themselves into Game Pass are buying less games. Specially if you compare their behavior to before Game Pass was introduced; to deny that is just being foolish.

Top Bottom