• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A brief history of Waffle House (Eater.com)

Generate

Banned
Me and my Dad often go at like 4 in the morning on Saturdays before we go to the hardware store or grocery shopping. Its always freezing in there so the windows are always full of condensation. I love the friendly atmosphere though and the 70s diner feel.
Cant go wrong with early morning Waffle House!

J@hranimo

Banned
It is a tradition to go to WH after NYE celebrations. Something about bringing in the new year with friends just feels right.

Waffle House is probably the best thing Atlanta is known for imo.

As a manager trainee for waffle house. Never go on the other side gaf. You'll learn to hate the company side of the store. For example, all and I mean ALL waffle houses are running with about half the staff of a normal restaurant. Also loads of stress you wouldn't believe.

J@hranimo

Banned
As a manager trainee for waffle house. Never go on the other side gaf. You'll learn to hate the company side of the store. For example, all and I mean ALL waffle houses are running with about half the staff of a normal restaurant. Also loads of stress you wouldn't believe.

Yeah....I can only imagine. I always feel for some WH I go to during the late night/early morning rush =/

Daingurse

Waffle House is not bad. Been there a couple times in the last year, and have enjoyed my food there. Just wish they weren't so damn cramped lol.

RBH

Waffle House is trash and the fact that enough people like it is an indication on how fucked this country really is.

It's been a mediocre run, USA.

OtOyG6q.gif

jwk94

Only been there once when I was a kid. Got the fried shrimp. From what I remember it was OK. Been wanting go back recently, but my ex was afraid she'd get shot or something. -_-

Me and my Dad often go at like 4 in the morning on Saturdays before we go to the hardware store or grocery shopping. Its always freezing in there so the windows are always full of condensation. I love the friendly atmosphere though and the 70s diner feel.
Cant go wrong with early morning Waffle House!
If you don't mind my asking, why are you grocery shopping so early?

Durden77

All my life it's been there. I don't go there quite as often as an adult, but god damn I love you Waffle House.

There's something just so special about it. There's this strange feeling I get whenever I am esting one and look out the window, I feel like I'm out of town or something.

I ate there after my restaurant shift ended every night. I'd eat there every once and awhile after that... It's been awhile, I miss it... Sogood.gif

I can't be the only one who sees flies buzzing around in every single Waffle House I've been too for like the last five years

But yeah, no ones makes waffles as good as Waffle House

I've worked in a lot of kitchens and let me tell you, there's flies buzzing around in every single one of them, especially during the warmer months of the year, and they land on freaking everything. Especially cheese. They really like cheese.

old

Just had breakfast there today. I tried the bowl with hashbrowns, onions, steak and cheese.

Very good. May go back and have another some time soon. And nobody touched the jukebox. Yes.......

kess

Waffle House is trash and the fact that enough people like it is an indication on how fucked this country really is.

It's been a mediocre run, USA.

Truth. The Northeast has tons of independently run diners, which are a billion times better than these things. When I see a Waffle House I know I'm getting close to an interstate, shitty traffic, and dehumanizing strip mall architecture.

Behold your true Waffle God, GAF

mayfairExt.jpg

Yeah....I can only imagine. I always feel for some WH I go to during the late night/early morning rush =/

It makes no real since in my book other than corporate office must be greedy as hell. Most other restaurants hire people to clean dishes but at waffle house as many of you know we have the sales people wash the dishes. Which is profoundly dumb in my book but they a "debt free company" so they don't hire people unless they need to. But we also have super high turn over.

I'll never forget the time that a woman ran in at like 3am, yelled "Lil' Wayne is dead!" and ran out.

The sink in the men's restroom didn't work, and my friend asked for a cup of boiling water to stick his fork in.

Ronabo

I love Waffle House. Toddle House style omelette with ham and cheese, large hashbrowns and some coffee!

Top Bottom