• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Comprehensive List of Next-Gen Only Titles

Hello dear gaf,

With the recent announcement of RE4 Remake also coming to the PS4 it has come to attention that many people are a bit upset or rather disappointed that cross-gen is still trucking. I've said this many times before, cross-gen periods usually lasts from to 2 to 3 years maximum. So I am not sure why a lot of you are surprised by this. It's been like this since the PS3 and PS4 era.

Anyways, I have decided to create a comprehensive list so people can have a better idea of what is actually next-gen only and when they can expect to finally get take advantage of their shiny new PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

Note - This list only includes PS5/Series X/S and PC titles , PSVR 2 games will not be added here since VR is it's own thing

Released Next-Gen Only Titles

1. Demon's Souls Remake
  2. Returnal
  3. Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart
  4. Ghostwire: Tokyo
  5. The Last of Us Part 1
  6. Destruction All Stars
  7. Deathloop
  8. The Medium
  9. Flight Simulator
  10. Hell Let Loose
  11. Neptunia Reverse
  12. Shredders
  13. Hellsinger
  14. Thymesia (** No PS4/X1 version but Switch CLOUD ONLY**)
  15. Soulstice
  16. Metal: Hellsinger
  17. Serious Sam 4 (** No PS4/X1 version but CLOUD ONLY**)
  18. Recompile
  19. Immortality

Future Next-Gen Only Titles

1. Plague Tale Requiem (**October 18th, 2022 - No PS4/X1 version but Switch CLOUD ONLY**)
  2. Gotham Knights (October 21st, 2022)
  3. Scorn (October 21st, 2022)
  4. Skull & Bones (November 8th, 2022)
  5. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide (November 30th, 2022)
  6. Dead Space Remake (January 7th, 2023)
  7. Forspoken (January 24th, 2023)
  8. Final Fantasy XVI (Summer 2023)
  9. Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth (Winter 2023)
  10. Spiderman 2 (2023)
  11. STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl (2023)
  12. Starfield (2023)
  13. Redfall (2023)
  14. Pragmata (2023)
  15. Forza Motorsports Reboot (2023)
  16. Alan Wake 2 (2023)
  17. Stellar Blade (2023)
  18. Synduality (2023)
  19. Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty (**Expansion/DLC - 2023)
  20. Max Payne 1 & 2 Remake (TBA)
  21. Rise of the Ronin (2024)
  22. Last of Us Factions/MP Standalone (TBA)
  23. Assassin's Creed: Codename Red (TBA)
  24. Assassin's Creed: Codename Hexe (TBA)
  25. Arc Raiders (TBA)
  26. Tekken 8 (TBA)
  27. Dragon Dogma 2 (TBA)
  28. Awoved (TBA)
  29. The Outer Worlds (TBA)
  30. Fable (TBA)
  31. Everwild (TBA)
  32. Gears 6 (TBA)
  33. Wolverine (TBA)
  34. Star Wars and The Old Republic (TBA)
  35. Kingdom Hearts 4 (TBA)
  36. Dragon's Quests 12 (TBA)
  37. Dragon Age 4 (TBA)
  38. Mass Effect (TBA)
  39. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 (TBA)
  40. Elder Scrolls VI (TBA)

I am pretty positive I am missing some stuff - so feel free to help and I'll add. Don't forget there is still a lot unannounced most likely for end of 2023. Hope this gives everyone a clearer picture of what to expect as far next-gen only releases go in the foreseeable future.[/b][/b]

Last edited:

EDMIX

What about the 2 new assassins creed games? The samurai one and the one with the dude from craphalla?

I'm not sure about em.

I know the one coming next year is cross gen, but I don't know about AC RED or Hexe

edit.

ok so they confirmed RED is next gen only

Same with HEXE

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
23ed7ade-c111-4522-929a-932e901b89ca_text.gif

What a tragedy this gen has been. At least we get to play games at stable 60.
Completely disagree. We have fsr many more interesting games to play between 2020-2023 than we did during the PS4/X1 era in 2013-2016. The lineup is far far superior from both major publishers. Xbox One was a ghost town and so was Sony until Bloodborne in 2015 to be honest.

Sad list I'm praying a mid-gen console would force last gen to be dropped but I'm sure it's just wishful thinking. Gaas has really screwed up this gen of consoles as well because the biggest games will never drop last gen Destiny 2 is in desperate need to drop the old consoles for example...

Sad list I'm praying a mid-gen console would force last gen to be dropped but I'm sure it's just wishful thinking. Gaas has really screwed up this gen of consoles as well because the biggest games will never drop last gen Destiny 2 is in desperate need to drop the old consoles for example...
Don't think GaaS is the issue here. COVID is the bigger culprit. Set back the entire world by years.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Don't think GaaS is the issue here. COVID is the bigger culprit. Set back the entire world by years.
Certain industries yes but it actually sky rocketed game companies number to ridiculous levels yet what we got is an increase of game prices (Sony, and now Ubisoft) GaaS, remasteres and cross-gen everywhere.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If it's 2 years and we haven't even kicked off the new gen in earnest, how long are we expecting it to actually end ?

Are we still gonna be getting games on PS5/Series by 2028 ?

If it's 2 years and we haven't even kicked off the new gen in earnest, how long are we expecting it to actually end ?

Are we still gonna be getting games on PS5/Series by 2028 ?
No. I am pretty sure start of 2024 is when cross gen support will near its end.

You know PS4s have been discountuined for a while now yes ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom