• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Goldeneye 007 remaster ‘could be revealed in the next few weeks’, it’s claimed

93xfan

Banned
Please, I won't even get into it. FPS on controllers?

triple-h-disgusted.gif
Yeah, I like map movement. Not a bunch of people using snipers on easy mode

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

If this is true, this is a pretty dumb reason.

I don't think Putin's gonna increase hostilities over a Goldeneye re-release. Nor do I think anyone on the world stage would really call it tasteless to release a 20 something year old game. It hasn't stopped other war based games like Call of Duty or Battlefield to get continued exposure.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
If this is true, this is a pretty dumb reason.

I don't think Putin's gonna increase hostilities over a Goldeneye re-release. Nor do I think anyone on the world stage would really call it tasteless to release a 20 something year old game. It hasn't stopped other war based games like Call of Duty or Battlefield to get continued exposure.
It would be an absurd reason. Really hope they come to their senses if true

Bridges

Call of Duty is one of the highest profile games in existence and Modern Warfare 2 will still come out this year and sell like crazy.

I don't understand why anyone thinks delaying these games over the war makes any positive impact.

I have every reason to think "because of the war" is a cover for a different hurdle this supposed Goldeneye Remaster has.

Most likely, that the deals between Nintendo, Rare/Microsoft, and Eon Productions aren't ironed out.

clarky

Gold Member
I have every reason to think "because of the war" is a cover for a different hurdle this supposed Goldeneye Remaster has.

Most likely, that the deals between Nintendo, Rare/Microsoft, and Eon Productions aren't ironed out.
Sounds like we need 007 on the case.

Pallas

The reason makes zero sense, when you figured in the other games that’s coming out that has a Russian/Soviet presence.

Freeman76

Gamescom my dude...
also of course it's coming out. they literally uploaded the Achievements to XBL and multiple developers unlocked achievements in the game.

They were probably playing in the office for kicks when they got told it was canned

anthony2690

Banned
The reason makes zero sense, when you figured in the other games that’s coming out that has a Russian/Soviet presence.
You're killing russians in Goldeneye.
& You have army based off Russia in the delayed advanced wars on switch. (I think everyone forgot about this game)

Call off duty this year doesn't feature russians as your enemies.

What other games releasing this year feature russians/Soviet presence?

Pallas

You're killing russians in Goldeneye.
& You have army based off Russia in the delayed advanced wars on switch. (I think everyone forgot about this game)

Call off duty this year doesn't feature russians as your enemies.

What other games releasing this year feature russians/Soviet presence?
MW2 Remaster has a heavy Russian presence, it’s being release this year.

You could also count Atomic Heart(which is also being developed by a Russian studio), unless it gets delayed. I can’t think of anymore, unfortunately. So yes, I overstated a bit, but I still stand by my statement that it’s stupid to delay 007 remake because of the war.

anthony2690

Banned
MW2 Remaster has a heavy Russian presence, it’s being release this year.

You could also count Atomic Heart(which is also being developed by a Russian studio), unless it gets delayed. I can’t think of anymore, unfortunately. So yes, I overstated a bit, but I still stand by my statement that it’s stupid to delay 007 remake because of the war.
MW2 isn't a remaster....
Just like mw 2019 wasn't a remaster...

& Have the atomic heart Devs said a thing since the war?

RAIDEN1

Forget waiting for this game, just enjoy Perfect Dark instead...at the rate things are going this is more likely to come out in 2027 to celebrate the 30th birthday of Golden Eye...

00_Zer0

When you have 3 companies having a say so in the release of this game it's no wonder this is now in limbo. It only takes one company saying no to screw this whole thing up. I just wish they forget about the war between Russia and Ukraine and just release it. This game has nothing to do with the conflict going on right now. So pathetic!

Last edited:
Top Bottom