• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

Havoc2049

I still play MCC. Those skins are cool. I started late in Season 7, but got really far and unlocked the shark teeth skins for Halo 4 weapons. I'll go for all the unlocks in Season 8. Love me some Elder Scrolls. MS is on point with the fan service.

Speaking of Halo 4, I just finished a BTB match on Complex and it is so damn good. Fuck the Halo 4 haters. 😜

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Is aimbot a thing is MCC now, because of PC cross-play? I've run into some really good teams before and got worked and go like 5-17 or something like that, but the other day I went 1-19 and two people on my team had zero kills and and one player had three. My average lifespan was 3 seconds. I would spawn into grenades, mid-air rocket launches and headshots. It sure felt like aimbot, where every shot is a headshot and they can see where characters are about to spawn in.

Aimbot was a big issue in Sea of Thieves and the community complained enough that Rare created Xbox only servers. If it becomes an issue in Halo Infinite, hopefully 343 will do the same.

Yes mate, cheaters have spread to MCC and any other FPS/TPS style game en masse. It doesn't matter if it's console or PC, there is devices and scripts aplenty out there for both. Your local gameshop and online sell the devices that work just fine on console. It's a total joke. MCC isn't as bad as Apex which isn't as bad as Warzone but you'll run into cheaters multiple times over the course of a decent gaming session. There's all sorts of crap going on from aimbot to bottomless clips and fast recharges to anti-recoil plus more less common wallhacks etc.

Is aimbot a thing is MCC now, because of PC cross-play? I've run into some really good teams before and got worked and go like 5-17 or something like that, but the other day I went 1-19 and two people on my team had zero kills and and one player had three. My average lifespan was 3 seconds. I would spawn into grenades, mid-air rocket launches and headshots. It sure felt like aimbot, where every shot is a headshot and they can see where characters are about to spawn in.

Aimbot was a big issue in Sea of Thieves and the community complained enough that Rare created Xbox only servers. If it becomes an issue in Halo Infinite, hopefully 343 will do the same.
I know I've had a few games or more where the aim by one of more of the opposing team has not only been disgustingly good but rapid fire speed too. Having good aim is one thing but rapid fire shots with the good aim is a red flag. I don't doubt I've faced some people using some kind of aimbot for consoles. It's sad really and I hope 343 recognizes how big of a problem it is becoming.

Brace yourselves.

I bet Marty could come up with some sweet tracks with that.
I hope the Halo experience outside of BTB isn't all arena competitive HCS all the time. From the tech previews I have faith 343 have learnt a better balance of "fun but competitive" Halo over hardcore HCS all the time. If only they'd apply that to the social playlist in MCC, it's so weighted to MLG shite, which should be in the ranked playlist.

Marty could have a field day, even a reimagining with another composer/artist. That instrument has some depth to it, pardon the pun.

Not new but I nice rundown of all the stuff that became live today with season 8.

Wvrs

Still shocked there is no new campaign footage. These days I have a PlayStation, Switch and even a decent gaming laptop for MCC but I still go to the local PC rooms to play Halo in 120fps @ 4k. Which is how I will play Infinite.

But I was always a huge fan of the campaigns and story, and so I'm super curious about the quality and length of this one (as said PC rooms run at $1/hour, though I'll splash out on an unlimited month if it's especially a long campaign).

Less than two months until release and nothing substantial since E3 2020, what gives?

So competitive looks like BR spawns and radar disabled. Interesting.

Still shocked there is no new campaign footage. These days I have a PlayStation, Switch and even a decent gaming laptop for MCC but I still go to the local PC rooms to play Halo in 120fps @ 4k. Which is how I will play Infinite.

But I was always a huge fan of the campaigns and story, and so I'm super curious about the quality and length of this one (as said PC rooms run at $1/hour, though I'll splash out on an unlimited month if it's especially a long campaign).

Less than two months until release and nothing substantial since E3 2020, what gives?
Probably want to polish it as much as possible before showing it off again.

EDIT:

TLDR
  • The BR75 will be the starting weapon.
  • Motion Tracker will be disabled.
  • Grenade Hitmarkers will be disabled.
  • Friendly Fire will be turned on.
  • Modes will be Slayer, Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball.
  • Weapons, equipment, and grenades on maps will be set on static spawners meaning they will always appear in the same location on each map and mode combination, and will respawn at the same intervals.
Sounds good, but IMO the third, fourth and sixth points should be universal across the game, not just for ranked.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

So competitive looks like BR spawns and radar disabled. Interesting.

Probably want to polish it as much as possible before showing it off again.

EDIT:

TLDR
  • The BR75 will be the starting weapon.
  • Motion Tracker will be disabled.
  • Grenade Hitmarkers will be disabled.
  • Friendly Fire will be turned on.
  • Modes will be Slayer, Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball.
  • Weapons, equipment, and grenades on maps will be set on static spawners meaning they will always appear in the same location on each map and mode combination, and will respawn at the same intervals.
Sounds good, but IMO the third, fourth and sixth points should be universal across the game, not just for ranked.
You should make a thread of this exact post on the Gaming Forum. I was going to make a Competitive settings thread but your post is perfect.
BR starts only is exactly what I wanted. Nice having the grenade hit markers gone too.
Dang this game is really shaping up.

You should make a thread of this exact post on the Gaming Forum. I was going to make a Competitive settings thread but your post is perfect.
BR starts only is exactly what I wanted. Nice having the grenade hit markers gone too.
Dang this game is really shaping up.
Done

h00ters

The competitive settings all look so good. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Interesting that they'll be carrying through to ranked as well though. I think I probably preferred the Halo 2/3 system of:

1. Social playlists
2. Ranked playlists
3. A specific MLG/Hardcore playlist

The competitive settings all look so good. EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Interesting that they'll be carrying through to ranked as well though. I think I probably preferred the Halo 2/3 system of:

1. Social playlists
2. Ranked playlists
3. A specific MLG/Hardcore playlist

I can live with this. I'm happy to see the hardcore competitive have its own thing. It worked back in Halo 3 just fine.

Last edited:

kikkis

I think the campaign is going to be very polished since it was supposed to release last year after all, but I don't have high hopes for story to be honest.

I think the campaign is going to be very polished since it was supposed to release last year after all, but I don't have high hopes for story to be honest.
True but for all we know the reason it's taking so long is because Joe Staten came in and made 343 redo the story. One can dream anyway 😁

Helghan

I don't necessarily need campaign footage but I'm surprised we don't see any marketing for the campaign. For Halo 5 there was a huge marketing campaign that started months and months before the release. We've barely got anything at the moment.

Hey Friends,Welcome back to another MCC Friday Development & Flighting Update! This week has been a very busy one for us to say the least, on Wednesday, MCC’s Season 8, Mythic, rolled out globally! And this isn’t the last update of this month, next week we are targeting a fix to a pesky bug that was found late in our release cycle. But before we dig into those details, let’s talk about the latest mod tools!Halo 2 and Halo 3 Mod Tools Release
Mod tools have been released to all players who own Halo 2 and Halo 3. However, anyone, regardless of ownership, has access to the Halo: Combat Evolved mod tools. We are eager to see what wacky things players come up with now that these tools are out in the wild and we’re interest to know what you think. If you played around with the tools, please take some time to leave your feedback in our modding section over in the Steam forums.The pinned feedback threads are as follows:
We look forward to hearing from you on these tool sets.Season 8, Mythic
With the latest season, updates have been made in the form of new customization content, features, and bug fixes. The full list of content can be found in the season’s go-live blog HERE. If you want to watch a short video about the latest update, check out the Seasonal Sitrep: MCC Season 8, Mythic to get an overview of what is available to players in the latest season.This update includes so much content in the form of new armor sets for Halo 3, new helmets for Halo: Reach, new weapon skins, vehicle skins, nameplates, visors, back accessories, an additional map, the classic CE HUD being restored, Halo 3: Firefight upgrades, Custom Game Browser updates including availability for Halo: CE and Halo 3, and much more. Make sure to check out all the awesome new content available now!And as we mentioned above, we are targeting a hotfix for players that will resolve a bug we found late in our release schedule. Players may notice that Halo 3: ODST is not playing the correct languages when not in English. We already have a build in test that corrects this issue and are hoping to have this update roll out as soon as it’s gone through its rounds of testing. So keep your eyes peeled for when this one drops next week.That wraps up this week’s MCC Development Update. For those who have been reading every week on our journey over the past few years, these are going to be shifting from an every week affair to every other week and eventually to a monthly cadence in the new year. We want to thank everyone who has made sure to stop in and check out the latest and greatest info on MCC. It’s been fun bringing you snippets of what’s going on behind the scenes. But don’t worry, we’ll be sure to get juicy details as always in our future updates.Thank you for stopping in. As always, we’ll see you online Spartans!Cheers,
Postums
Link

Looks like Theater has leaked. Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but guess I'll do it anyway?

Looks pretty good, I like all the little options/timemarks it has.

Nice. Yeah sorry I probably made everyone paranoid about spoilers. I think anything non campaign related is fine. But everyone can do whatever at their own discretion.

Naked Lunch

I hope for Infinite theater you can save your matches permanently.
Unless I missed something - thats not possible on the MCC when it was on the 360's 3/4/Reach.

I hope for Infinite theater you can save your matches permanently.
Unless I missed something - thats not possible on the MCC when it was on the 360's 3/4/Reach.
I can't remember myself. Either way it would be a welcome feature in Infinite. I remember hating Halo 3 so much. But I LOVED theater mode. It was one of the coolest features and was so much fun to have a good match and then be able to go back and watch it from any viewpoint or angle.

I played a few games of Halo 3 earlier today and it was alright. Im not a big fan of ghost town, and I especially dislike heretic and that weird forge map that sort of resembles sanctuary. So if course those are the maps it gave me lol.

Havoc2049

Come on guys, give 343i and Microsoft sooome credit and love! 😂
Even at their worst they offer more features than Sony and are light years ahead of Nintendo.

The MCC has Theater mode and it automatically saves your last 12 matches or levels played. You can do some minor editing in the game itself or download the clip onto you XB hard drive and use editing software from the XB store on the XB itself for more advanced editing. You can also access the clip via your PC for even further editing.

This is a clip I did a couple months after launch, shortly after MCC became somewhat stable and playable. It was all edited in MCC and on the XB1.

Last edited:
Come on guys, give 343i and Microsoft sooome credit and love! 😂
Even at their worst they offer more features than Sony and are light years ahead of Nintendo.

The MCC has Theater mode and it automatically saves your last 12 matches or levels played. You can do some minor editing in the game itself or download the clip onto you XB hard drive and use editing software from the XB store on the XB itself for more advanced editing. You can also access the clip via your PC for even further editing.

This is a clip I did a couple months after launch, shortly after MCC became somewhat stable and playable. It was all edited in MCC and on the XB1.

Haha I love how you pull in to finally cap the flag with the warthog on fire. I know 343 has the ability. It's just a matter of putting it all together in one game and not sabotaging it with some poor decisions. I still think Halo 4 plays amazingly well. What editing stuff can i download from the store? I'm always stuck using the basic trim options whenever I try and edit a clip.
Can't we praise something without shitting on the competition?

52 days to Halo Infinite. :messenger_halo:
Eh they all have something to offer. Pointing out a shortcoming of one brand isn't detracting from what that brand does well or better than the others. Nintendo without exception always delivers top notch, well polished 1st party games, but when it comes to 1st person shooters they have nothing that competes. Sony has been killing it with games this past gen but multiplayer games has never been Sony's strength.

I can't wait for Infinite, but I'm gonna have to get more time with the matchmaking. When the technical preview was live i found myself often going back to the master chief collection. 343 has gone above and beyond with tmcc and I love it. The only thing I wish 343 would do is change up the competitive playlists. Literally everything is "hardcore" except for Halo 3 and the only Halo 4 offering is squad battle. The only CE offering is 2v2 hardcore... I also like how how the social slayer for CE has no radar, but that is considered hardcore for every other game. It grooms new players to believe that not having a radar in gameplay is really difficult or something. Like no it just makes people learn how to be more aware of their surroundings and their movement.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Can't we praise something without shitting on the competition?

52 days to Halo Infinite. :messenger_halo:
There are great games on all systems. I guess that did sound kinda fanboyish... Lol. No harm intended. I guess you could also take it as a backhanded comment to the old state of affairs for the OG XB1 and 343i back then, as it wasn't the greatest. Hopefully 343i turns it around and Infinite turns out great.
Haha I love how you pull in to finally cap the flag with the warthog on fire. I know 343 has the ability. It's just a matter of putting it all together in one game and not sabotaging it with some poor decisions. I still think Halo 4 plays amazingly well. What editing stuff can i download from the store? I'm always stuck using the basic trim options whenever I try and edit a clip.

Eh they all have something to offer. Pointing out a shortcoming of one brand isn't detracting from what that brand does well or better than the others. Nintendo without exception always delivers top notch, well polished 1st party games, but when it comes to 1st person shooters they have nothing that competes. Sony has been killing it with games this past gen but multiplayer games has never been Sony's strength.

I can't wait for Infinite, but I'm gonna have to get more time with the matchmaking. When the technical preview was live i found myself often going back to the master chief collection. 343 has gone above and beyond with tmcc and I love it. The only thing I wish 343 would do is change up the competitive playlists. Literally everything is "hardcore" except for Halo 3 and the only Halo 4 offering is squad battle. The only CE offering is 2v2 hardcore... I also like how how the social slayer for CE has no radar, but that is considered hardcore for every other game. It grooms new players to believe that not having a radar in gameplay is really difficult or something. Like no it just makes people learn how to be more aware of their surroundings and their movement.
I used Upload Studio for that one, but I heard that hasn't been updated in a while. I think the editor on the Xbox is pretty good these days. You can also download the clip onto your One Drive and edit it on your phone or PC with whatever app you want.

Last edited:
There are great games on all systems. I guess that did sound kinda fanboyish... Lol. No harm intended. I guess you could also take it as a backhanded comment to the old state of affairs for the OG XB1 and 343i back then, as it wasn't the greatest. Hopefully 343i turns it around and Infinite turns out great.

I used Upload Studio for that one, but I heard that hasn't been updated in a while. I think the editor on the Xbox is pretty good these days. You can also download the clip onto your One Drive and edit it on your phone or PC with whatever app you want.
Thanks, Havoc. I used to use Upload Studio and then it stopped being supported. Which was sad because it worked well. I haven't tried using One Drive and editing on my phone. May have to look into that one.

Ughhh this wait for Infinite is becoming unbearable. The Beta was such a tease.
Hell yeah, looking forward to Infinite. Multi obviously but I'm hoping campaign is brilliant too. Hope they move on from the banished pretty early in the game, bring something more mysterious into play and some new unexplained tech too. Go back to that awestruck feeling.

Hell yeah, looking forward to Infinite. Multi obviously but I'm hoping campaign is brilliant too. Hope they move on from the banished pretty early in the game, bring something more mysterious into play and some new unexplained tech too. Go back to that awestruck feeling.
If the second single player trailer is anything to bank on, something weird and unexplained happened. The weapon wasn't deleted, but the Cortana fragment is gone. It could be Cortana but it could be something else. I hope we start digging into the precursors. Personally, I dig the ruthlessness of the Banished. But we need another looming threat. Hopefully we land on a precursor installation outside of the known galaxy at some point.

Last edited:
If the second single player trailer is anything to bank on, something weird and unexplained happened. The weapon wasn't deleted, but the Cortana fragment is gone. It could be Cortana but it could be something else. I hope we start digging into the precursors. Personally, I dig the ruthlessness of the Banished. But we need another looming threat. Hopefully we land on a precursor installation outside of the known galaxy at some point.
The precursors are what I want to know more about.

Could be wrong, but I don't think I ever posted these from last Thursday. Probably had a thread in gaming side by Cormack, but I completely missed it.

The mods tools are really going to get some flex in coming months/years. Honestly I hope they do the same for Infinite and actually embrace the modding community right into matchmaking. I'm really hoping for far more than the history of forge maps being "bland". I'm not short selling the hardwork of forgers but just highlighting how far they can go with these new tools and 343 should progress the best to polish and push back into the playerbase who don't forge/mod.

Could be wrong, but I don't think I ever posted these from last Thursday. Probably had a thread in gaming side by Cormack, but I completely missed it.

I posted it up this page and made a thread on it.

YukiOnna

h00ters

Well that answers that I guess...

Happy for him. Felt really sorry for him when V1 was forced to close. He has been posting a lot of Halo related stuff on Twitter in recent months where he has been doing his own character models and animations. Thought he was trying to (not so) subtly hint that he wanted a job at 343 but glad to see he has wound up somewhere in a pretty senior position.

Top Bottom