• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hogwarts Legacy TV show is reportedly in development at HBO Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

A Hogwarts Legacy TV series is reportedly in development at Warner’s HBO Max.

That’s according to sources cited by Giant Freakin Robot, an entertainment news site with some track record of exclusive reporting.

It claims the series is still in the early phases of development, but that like Warner’s recently released Hogwarts Legacy game, it will presumably be set before the original Harry Potter novels and the Fantastic Beasts spinoffs. VGC has contacted Warner for comment on this report and will update it if we hear back from the company.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Even if this isn't accurate this seems like a no brainer. I bet in an alternate reality Game of Thrones doesn't happen and a Hogwarts series is gangbusters.

Too bad they canceled The Nevers. Same time period as Fantastic Beasts but way better

i knew they had plans for a TV show but i thought it was generally based on the books.

it makes sense they'd make a HL tv show now but i hope not. I want a show telling the story of Harry and not a show set in the 1800s.

it's already been ~12 years since the last HP movie. well the last movie came out 2011. i think it's time for a reboot whether that be more movies or a TV show. a TV show would be so much better giving the story room to breathe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom