• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Message from S.T.A.L.K.E,R 2 Devs showing the hardships of the Ukranian War | New Trailer Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So this game isn't coming out in 2023 right? Lets all just acknowledge this now, just to get it out of the way.

ParaSeoul

This guy is a troll
Lot Learn GIF by Britannia on EPIX

TissueBox

That narrative designer ensuring his return to working on the game after 'their victory' is a boss.

Wishing everyone affected by the tragedies of war well.

Bragr

Banned
Can't imagine how it must be to ship off your loved ones on some buss to wherever while you stay behind and hope the russians don't focus on your area of the country.

I would guess the constant worrying about the people you love and where they are must be hard to take, not to mention you might not have a place to go home to after the war is over.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I was watching CohhCarnage's stream of the Xbox show, and as soon as the Ukraine stuff started, he put the chat on emote mode instantly.
And i was just thinking how shitty the world is when he feels he has to do that because he knows the chat will be full of absolute bellend idiots with pro Russia shite.

The YT version of the Xbox stream was completely unmoderated and it was a pretty sad sight during the whole segment.

Online anonymity really does bring out the absolute worst in people.

DragonNCM

Today you are making solid first person shooter rpg....next day you are testing it if is working in real life......
How is even possible that we have war like this in 21 century is beyond my mind.

yurinka

Lmao!!!!!! Smh…this was funny but I feel for the devs…Microsoft should evacuate em.
Ubisoft did it for their offices in Kiev and Odessa:
https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-pro...ng-and-funding-for-employees-fleeing-ukraine/

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 team (GSC Game World) isn't owned by Microsoft, and seems they -at least most of the team- moved to Prague (Czech Republic) 3 months ago:
https://wccftech.com/stalker-2-developer-gsc-game-world-moving-ukraine-prague/

Not sure if this was before the Ukranian government forbid their adult male citizens to leave the country and mandated them to go to war.

Last edited:
Lmao!!!!!! Smh…this was funny but I feel for the devs…Microsoft should evacuate em.
You know that’s a really good point. They have so much money and the (timed I think?) exclusivity deal; seems stupid to keep people working for you in a war zone. Maybe they wouldn’t want to evacuate the devs’ families too or something, so maybe that’s why not.

Roberts

I cringed when Sarah Bond almost cried but I gotta say the video that followed was pretty sad.
I know what you are saying. I think she is not exactly a great public speaker and can come off as somewhat awkward, but from everything I have seen so far I think she is genuinely good person and not a phoney. Probably even has had a working relationship with GSC Game World, so I can understand her getting emotional.

I know what you are saying. I think she is not exactly a great public speaker and can come off as somewhat awkward, but from everything I have seen so far I think she is genuinely good person and not a phoney. Probably even has had a working relationship with GSC Game World, so I can understand her getting emotional.
Yeah I think she's gonna be a solid successor to Uncle Phil.

Fools idol

Banned
that dev diary brought a tear to me eye man. Those poor sons of bitches are still trying to make life work in this mess. All the strength and luck to them, I hope it works out.

Fuck Putin.

Greirat

Hard to see how this game will ever get finished now. I can't imagine going back to working on a disaster scenario game after seeing literal real world horrors. At the very least it won't be the same game it was going to be before this all happened. Maybe in 20 years there will be a new Ukrainian game about this current dark time.

MMaRsu

Banned
I applaud the courage of these devs to not cancel or put the game on indefinite hold while dealing with war in their own country. I support the citizens and everyday people like those at GSC.

Honestly though, both these governments are so corrupt and I don't support either side, just the people living through this ongoing power struggle.

On topic, I will support these devs 1000% and buy this game day 1.
You dont support the side of the country fighting off an invasion by a crazy dictator?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
What a bunch of badassess.

I don't know how this game is releasing as soon as it is (even before the war) but it looks amazing.

MMaRsu

Banned
Far from it, read your DMs.
I still think its a moronic statement. Nazi's fighting for Ukraine? Zelensky is a corrupt guy? Who gives a shit (also probably untrue). If their was a hostile invasion in my country I wouldnt care if there was neonazi's fighting to defend my country.

Pathetic statement when there are thousands of innocent civillians dying because of Putins expansion drift.

Fuck your both sides bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom