• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Modder Is Recreating P.T. (Silent Hills) Within Half-Life: Alyx

If this was posted already, I apologize. I searched for P.T., Alyx, and P.T. alyx and didn't see it.

2114213861_preview_9.jpg

P.T. is already a horrifying first-person experience, even if it’s just one single hallway long but you know what would make the Silent Hills teaser even scarier? Yeah, playing it in virtual reality. Which, side note, is something that I personally would never, ever attempt.

But yes, a modder that calls themselves AmbientDruth on Steam is currently modding Half-Life: Alyx to recreate the entirety of P.T. within the game.

91842D58DA15A7670C4A973711524436BFE7F303

As of writing, they’ve managed to come really close to fully recreating the playable teaser for the canceled Kojima-developed Silent Hills. The mod includes the looping of the corridors, the static from the radio, the red-colored corridor towards the end, and you can even hear the falling raindrops from outside to further pull you into the experience.

AmbientDruth is also planning to add more details such as creepy triggers, door audio sounds, refined textures, multiple endings, longer hallways, and much more.

You can download the P.T. mod for Half-Life: Alyx right here and if you want to go and show some support, you can donate to the mod maker to help them speed up the process.

I can't wait to see what other cool mods we see with Alyx now that the workshop has been open a little while

Top Bottom