• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new DICE Battlefield for Holiday 2016, Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect 4 by March 2017

Houndi101

“In Q1, we’ll begin with the creative and innovative Mirror’s Edge Catalyst from DICE launching in May. A great line-up of EA Sports titles are in development for next year, and we look forward to sharing more about these new experiences in the months ahead. An all-new Battlefield game from DICE will arrive in time for the holidays, we’re excited to have a new Titanfall experience coming from our friends at Respawn – and of course, Mass Effect Andromeda from the team at BioWare will launch later in the fiscal year.”

http://www.vg247.com/2016/01/28/dice-battlefield-2016-titanfall-2/

Oh and Andromeda later in the Fiscal Year, but will the Battlefield game have dinosaurs?

DICE me to cubes if old

Some Nobody

Andromeda in the "fiscal year" lines up with my prediction that ME will slip into 2017. No worries, other games will satiate me until this comes out with Horizon next year.

Pryce

Battlefield 4 is still the best overall competitive shooter this gen. Really looking forward the next one.

AHA-Lambda

Describing ME Andromeda as later in the fiscal year sounds far less specific than saying it is due for this fall :/

I'm more surprised that the Visceral game isn't mentioned. I guess that's next fiscal?

Will be interesting to see what Battlefield 5 will be, and what the experience will be since this will be the first one not made for two generations of consoles.

Awesome name and avatar!

And yep, this confirms Mass Effect for 2017. Good. Take your time to make it amazing; as a next gen Mass Effect should be!
Another sanji fan? And you like mass effect...

tumblr_nh95gpGYAc1qivigxo1_500.jpg

demolitio

I've been wanting a new Battlefield ever since Battlefront's graphics won me over. I just hope they'll someday go back to WWII with this level of fidelity, but I'll take what I can get I guess.

kevin1025

Banned
Mass Effect 2 released in a January and Mass Effect 3 was in a March, so I guess they're maybe going that route for it, based on the way it was worded. It could be late January with March being Titanfall month again.

A-V-B

don't use ME for both of those games please. Especially in DICE threads where ME should stand for Mirrors Edge anyway. Was shocked for a moment there is a new second Mirrors Edge in the making. Bummer it was Mass Effect instead.

Thanks

Uh...

time to get your mind blown, brotha

don't use ME for both of those games please. Especially in DICE threads where ME should stand for Mirrors Edge anyway. Was shocked for a moment there is a new second Mirrors Edge in the making. Bummer it was Mass Effect instead.

Thanks
?? I had it all the way typed up the entire time?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm more surprised that the Visceral game isn't mentioned. I guess that's next fiscal?

Will be interesting to see what Battlefield 5 will be, and what the experience will be since this will be the first one not made for two generations of consoles.

EA has been pretty clear that they don't view Star Wars as an annual series, so presumably not until the fiscal year after, yes.

Keasar

As much as I wish the idea of a new Battlefield would excite me, it doesn't really anymore. It's probably gonna be the same "modern combat" with the same "levolution" focused levels with the same "add a bunch of gadgets that really doesn't do anything or help the game be fun" philosophy as its been the past couple of games.

Now, on the other hand, Titanfall 2 heck yeah!

I reaaaally hope they aren't planning a BF5/BF4.5 release 2016. Either take your time to make sure launch isn't a disaster, or DON'T PUT ANY DAMN RESOURCES INTO YOUR TERRIBLE CAMPAIGN (as bare bones as it is, I think this benefited Battlefront from a polish standpoint)

Ray Down

Banned
So Mass Effect isn't hitting this year I'm guessing.

XV will pretty much be the only big RPG other than Horizon in the holidays right?

So Mass Effect isn't hitting this year I'm guessing.

XV will pretty much be the only big RPG other than Horizon in the holidays right?

It depends on whether you consider Zelda an RPG or not. :p

Anyway, Persona 5 is also going to be released in the holidays, I think.

Acinixys

As much as I wish the idea of a new Battlefield would excite me, it doesn't really anymore. It's probably gonna be the same "modern combat" with the same "levolution" focused levels with the same "add a bunch of gadgets that really doesn't do anything or help the game be fun" philosophy as its been the past couple of games.

Battlefield 3 is one of my all time favorite games

But BF4 was too similar for me to get into it

If 5 is going to be the same tired setting I might just skip BF all together this year.

Either go back to WW1/2 setting or give us BF 2143

Visceral released a game last year. Even with 2 teams, they ain't getting something out so soon.

Ray Down

Banned
It depends on whether you consider Zelda an RPG or not. :p

Anyway, Persona 5 is also going to be released in the holidays, I think.

Atlus isn't dumb enough to put the game in the holidays, it's should be a summer.

Zelda more of an action adventure with RPG elements, but whatever I think the audience is different enough.

Battlefield this year and Titanfall next Spring?

That makes me happy.

For Battlefield I don't need a campaign if they can put in a full fledged co-op mode ala Onslaught. But man, another Bad Company would be the dream.

Femto.

Hard to believe it's gonna be 5 years by the time Mass effect comes out.
And I'm still bitter about the RGB finale for Shepard.

Bummed that it's more than likely that ME:A will slip into 2017. Can't say I'm surprised though, not one bit.

Warablo

Battlefield 3 is one of my all time favorite games

But BF4 was too similar for me to get into it

If 5 is going to be the same tired setting I might just skip BF all together this year.

Either go back to WW1/2 setting or give us BF 2143

I enjoyed both BF games, but the map balance in Bf 3 was the best.

IvanJ

Banned
I really hope BF5 (or whatever they decide to call it) will launch better. I was a huge fan of the franchuse, but BF4 launch really soured me, I doubt I played more than 10 hours (coming from 500+ for both BF3 and BC2). I know they fixed it, but I simply cannot force myself to play it.

Mass Effect in Q1/17 is fine, and Mirror's Edge will probably be my bargain bin purchase (I doubt it will sell well, just like the original).

Yes, I've been waiting Titanfall 2 "announcement". Sequel to the hands down best shooter this gen will be glorious, especially if they polish it more and have all the content they had after few updates in first game.

kurahador

I wonder if they'll even reveal Visceral's Star Wars game this E3. EA sure is super reserve when it comes to game reveals this gen.

Top Bottom