• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new DICE Battlefield for Holiday 2016, Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect 4 by March 2017

They're basically the same team. If you go look at the Hardline staff, they're almost all on Star Wars now except the ones finishing up the DLC.

Ah, I guess that means that the Henning project is still a ways out. 2017 would make sense then, especially paired up with the next big movie.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
8=====MASS EFFECT=====>

The real talk here is Titanfall 2 coming out by next March.

the most fun mp shooter of this gen so far easily. god damn they really nailed the mechanics, just needed more content to back it up and a bigger userbase. i pray this takes off.

edit: wow a lot of similar comments in here, cool to see.

Madness

Everyone thinks TitanFall had no impact, until you see that almost every shooter aped their movement and 'game play' in a sense. Just look at Call of Duty. Even after becoming Respawn, Treyarch still copying old Infinity Ward for their games.

I wonder how exclusivity will work this time. Microsoft had helped out financially with TitanFall and helping Respawn keep control of their IP but then also got EA to agree to exclusivity. Now that PS4 dominating in all territories, there is no way EA would want to pass up millions of sales, especially in the crowded market.

JimiNutz

Banned
Can't wait to see what they do with Titanfall. That franchise has so much potential.

Really excited to see what Visceral do with Star Wars. Shame it looks like we're going to be waiting ages for that one.

Raide

Excited for Titanfall 2. Don't care about a SP part of the game, just make the MP idea RESPAWN first had work correctly. Gunplay and traversal was solid and fun, as was the Titan stuff. Just do more of it!

Also, drop the engine. Move to FrostBite if you can but for the love of god rewrite the networking. Or UE4 at least. Damn game should be stunning.

Only interested in BF if its Bad Company 3.

Excited for Titanfall 2. Don't care about a SP part of the game, just make the MP idea RESPAWN first had work correctly. Gunplay and traversal was solid and fun, as was the Titan stuff. Just do more of it!

Also, drop the engine. Move to FrostBite if you can but for the love of god rewrite the networking. Or UE4 at least. Damn game should be stunning.

Only interested in BF if its Bad Company 3.

I'd probably riot if they moved away from source and lost the physics feel.

Bhopping and air strafing for life yo.

CryptiK

No way TF2 is releasing this year. Gotta build dat hype. And you cant have two shooters going up against each other in the holidays. If they move to the Frostbite engine for TF2 no buy from me. It can hardly handle Battlefield a fast pace shooter would rekt it.

A few things I need from Titanfall 2:

1. A creative campaign that acts as an extended tutorial on the mechanics of movement, especially some of the more advanced techniques so that more people can break into the higher level game. Break the FPS mold by blowing players minds with platforming shoot bang amazement by creating scenarios that expect them to perform at that level.
2. Higher tick rates for both server and client. Dust is my enemy.
3. Less, or optional, automation ofmovement. Breaking my momentum chain because I auto-rodeod a Titan, or auto-ledge grabbed a tiny little ledge kills the hype. PLEASE at least provide the option to require additional input to trigger these actions.
4. Decent spectator options. High level CTF play is so incredible, but its a bit of a chore to try and stream since you are limited by the perspective of the player streaming.
5. Competitive ladders and wager matches. I'm not really into joining a clan, but I still love competitive matches, especially with stakes on the line.

Lucreto

I see Andromeda being out in November this year like Dragon Age Inquisition. Titanfall 2 will be out in March as it would be too close to Battlefield.

I am ready for Titanfall 2. However, apart from Mirrors Edge the title I am most excited for this year is FIFA. In my personal opinion, PES absolutley wiped the floor with FIFA gameplay wise, so it should be interesting to see if they try and respond this year.

I won't be holding my breath though.

CryptiK

It's competitive, just not e-sports viable.
Its casual as fuck. Competitive used to mean eSports viable, now apparently it just means casual shitfest. If you can sit in spawn where no one can get you and launch explosives to the other side of the map, and each class has a stupid amount of explosives that completely breaks balance of the game its casual.

ViciousDS

Banned
titanfall pilot only mode is still the best CoD this gen.....the game was just amazing in terms of gunplay. TTK felt great

NHale

So EA isn't going to release BF5 and Titanfall 2 on the same window and we know BF5 is a mid-november game, so Titanfall 2 is at best Spring 2017. I'm going to bet Mass Effect 3 will be a March game and Titanfall 2 will fall to May 2017 despite what EA says now. In fact May would be a very nice launch window for a FPS shooter that is not a top tier franchise.

So EA isn't going to release BF5 and Titanfall 2 on the same window and we know BF5 is a mid-november game, so Titanfall 2 is at best Spring 2017. I'm going to bet Mass Effect 3 will be a March game and Titanfall 2 will fall to May 2017 despite what EA says now. In fact May would be a very nice launch window for a FPS shooter that is not a top tier franchise.
EA has too many games. even Unravel is coming out soon :3

Senhua

Hell yeah.

titanfall pilot only mode is still the best CoD this gen.....the game was just amazing in terms of gunplay. TTK felt great

Titanfall 2, YAY.
I'm hyped.

I will wary about this : the lack of support and content from developer in the first game really burns me.
I bought the deluxe edition $70.
Never again.
Will wait until $10 for deluxe edition one year later.

Hnnng.

Dat movement.

I will wary about this : the lack of support and content from developer in the first game really burns me.
I bought the deluxe edition $70.
Never again.
Will wait until $10 for deluxe edition one year later.

Bought the game + season pass at launch. Easily the best investment I've ever made in a game.

NHale

So after Battlefront, will BF5 and Titanfall 2 have a single player campaign?

BF5 definitely yes considering it's a direct competition to Call of Duty. Titanfall 2 is a maybe.

Regardless of how well Battlefront sold (despite being on sale on a bunch of places less of 1 month after release) I will be shocked if the sequel doesn't have a campaign. Even a small one like 3-4 hours.

Top Bottom